• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay. For my Marvel vs. Capcom roster, would it be redundant to have Poison AND Franziska von Karma? Or would I be better off including a different Ace Attorney character?

Shroob

Sup?
Sure is depressing though.
It's sad for the victim.

I feel nothing but resentment towards Sabi.

I already didn't like Sabi, and all the **** that's been said in murmurs about them is already bad enough. This is just a 'saw it coming' moment. Someone that wretched would absolutely do something like that.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean, that's not bad

That's the general consensus.

Kinda a "Yeah, saw that coming" deal.
Yeah, she was never honest about anything, always made lies and excuses for no reason, when being honest was the best course of action. Nobody is that much of a chronic liar just to be one; There had to be something behind the scenes.

Like, I'm disappointed, but not surprised.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah, she was never honest about anything, always made lies and excuses for no reason, when being honest was the best course of action. Nobody is that much of a chronic liar just to be one; There had to be something behind the scenes.

Like, I'm disappointed, but not surprised.
This is going to be ****ing terrible sounding but

Frankly put, I don't even know if Sabi is actually trans or not. Not only have they said explicitly LGBT-phobic things in their servers, but people who talk about them alternate he and her.

I'm just gonna use they or them because, I don't wanna say they're lying about this too, but it's just the safest thing.... even though they're scum.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Of course I don't blame you, you're a good, kindhearted kid.
We've all done **** we regret, that much is true. The only thing we can do is move forward, making sure we don't hide from our mistakes and take them to heart.
Back when I first got access to the internet and realized it gave me a veil of anonymity, I used it to lash out against things I didn't understand. Of course, I realize now how childish and horrible I was, and have made it a mission to track down people who I insulted and beg for forgiveness.
You're a better person today, and you were yesterday.
100% agree with ya Shroob. @JDCabrera is a good damn kid for his age and he's growing like all of us.

I mean when I joined a robotics forum back in 2011 I argued with experienced members and was a bit of a idiot. My tongue got too damn sharp and I got muted for it. Had no sense of regard for people there but as they say where I'm from, I wised up eventually. And despite having lurked here for a long time before joining I was a little worried about how I was gonna start fearing of history repeating.

It didn't and as I've said before but it has been one of the best online decisions I've made in years to join. I'm more here now just because of about 15 people who are so damn likeable than Smash.

Thanks to you guys I've gotten through lockdown without breaking. R Rangez , Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu along with JD have all played a massive part in that.
And now thanks to my good friend Wademan94 Wademan94 I'm really, really getting back into writing once again. I consider a lot of yous friends no matter you're background, ethnicity or whatnot. And vice versa.

I mean no offence to them but you guys have done far, far more good for me than my brothers during this time.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Ok, I see the Sabi stuff made the rounds around here...

... It may finally be time to put something out of my life here forever.

Maybe I should have been more open about this earlier, maybe not... But the only thing I want is to move out of all of these fears from my past and the fears of Sabi using It to turn anyone who I love and admire against me.

There's only one thing I ask all of my friends at Smashboards: a chance.
A chance to acknowledge me for the person who I am today, and not the person from my past who I have been trying to move away from for years.

If It wasn't for this place and Discord, I wouldn't be talking with anyone at all... The people from here have changed my heart for the better in a lot of ways. And even if some of you may not like me as much as I wished... I still admire all for making me Happy after all these years.

To all of the people I tagged... I hope you can forgive me and let me live as the person who I am now and step away from my past.
No te voy a juzgar por algo del pasado. Cual es el punto? Ya has demostrado que has superado muchas adversidades y que muchas cosas en ti han cambiado, mayormente para bien. Lo que uno tiene que estar es en si orgulloso. Todos tenemos malas experiencias en el internet cuando no sabemos a que es a lo que nos podremos llegar a enfrentar. Tuve una muy mala experience aqui en el foro como hace 5 años, y a pesar de todo el estres y desesperacion que me hizo pasar, me hizo madurar mucho como persona, y todas las experiences negativas, si llegas a aprender algo de ellas para madurar, no fueron en vano. Hay una razon para todo. Como alguien dice "Si estas caminando por el infierno, sigue adelante."

La vida de uno no es como un camino recto, tiene sus altas y bajas, eso no se puede negar.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Frankly put, I don't even know if Sabi is actually trans or not. Not only have they said explicitly LGBT-phobic things in their servers, but people who talk about them alternate he and her.

I'm just gonna use they or them because, I don't wanna say they're lying about this too, but it's just the safest thing.... even though they're scum.
Trans people can be transphobic/LGBT-phobic.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't want another of this person's leaks brought up again. I don't care if they might be accurate. Scum like this don't deserve a platform.
-implying Sabi was ever right.

They only piggybacked and we’re such an attention *****.

Glad they are finally gone from the community, they were always scum.

D

Deleted member

I once saw how Sabi looks IRL in a private chat he had at Sabi Squad.

He wasn't trans at all, he was a man on his entirety.

He was ugly as ****.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

I saw a screen where his gf used 'he', so I think he was known that way on a personal level. I thought he was a trans girl for a while too.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I once saw how Sabi looks IRL in a private chat he had at Sabi Squad.

He was ugly as ****.
Just to be fair, not all trans persons transition. Just thought to point that out.

I've also had talks with other trans persons about pronouns when someone isn't presenting as their gender, and it's a bit complicate.d But most do want people to use their pronouns on the internet or with close friends, even if they dont look it physically sometimes.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah, the trans thing was another of his lies.
Honesty I kinda of thought this for awhile. Old Sabi spoke and acted out of place for someone who thought of themselves that way. Their humor and behavior didn’t add up, but it would have been rude to say that off base.
Why would you lie about being trans?

Like, what possible benefit do you get from that?
For lack of a better word, Sympathy. If you are someone who is part of a group that gets disrespected in society and mistreated a lot, people will try to treat you better because of that and you can’t have been attack you or you pull the card that they are against trans people. And no one wants to be that way as the backlash would be big online.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Not sure how this site is handling all the **** going off in the community right now, and I don't like being the bearer of ugly news, but this guy has featured prominently within Smash talks for a while, so it's relevant this is known going forward.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

**** Sabi.
Good, I hated those stupid leaks.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I do want to give Sabi the benefit of the doubt and say she hasn't transitioned yet and doesn't care for pronouns. Because I really hope people aren't that scummy to act like a marginalized person just for clout and to deflect criticism.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Oh they definitely were a narcissist. That's not even a contest. They were a de-facto attention *****.
Looking at an excerpt from the DSM 5, this is what's listed about narcissism:

A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

1. Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements).

2. Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.

3. Believes that he or she is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high status people (or institutions).

4. Requires excessive admiration.

5. Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations.

6. Is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends.

7. Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others.
I'm not a licensed counselor nor did I know Sabi at all, so I can neither confirm nor deny whether they were 100% a narcissist or not. But, if I had to guess based on what you all have said, I would say the chances of such a reality are high.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
That's pretty dangerous phrasing there
Bear in mind this sort of thing is rhetoric generally used to deny someone's identity because they don't "pass" which is incredibly ****ty and gatekeepery.

Some don't want to transition.
Some can't transition.
Some haven't started.
Some are partway through.
And so on.

Just a reference for future.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
It'll be nice to have a whole lot less wild goose chases when it comes to "insider info" for once.

Remember when Sabi tried to convince us Claire Redfield and Jonesy of all characters would be among season 2? Lol

D

Deleted member

I'm just glad a lot of you took my post so well.

At first I was scared about sharing It here... But after the amount of support I received from many of you I feel greater.

A big stone from my past has left my back, and now I can finally be more happy, knowing the people who I care about will remember me for who I am today and not who I used to, without someone like Sabi being able to change that.

It may not seem like much... But today my life has took a greater turn for the better.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Bear in mind this sort of thing is rhetoric generally used to deny someone's identity because they don't "pass" which is incredibly ****ty and gatekeepery.

Some can't transition.
Some haven't started.
And so on.

Given what JD knew from Sabi personally, I don’t think he’s stretching with that statement.

It’s like people who pretend to be disabled or hurt to get special treatment. Is it common? No, but it definitely happens.

Shroob

Sup?

Some can't transition.
Some haven't started.
And so on.

Yeah, we should drop this part.

It's just difficult because we're dealing with a pathological liar at this point, so it wouldn't surprise anyone if they were using this to defend themselves.

It's a really touchy subject that's going to be awkward to dance around, so we ought to drop this part of the dunking.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
You know that Sabi was a prick. I haven't talked to him personally nor do I give enough crap to any leakers being true or false. Never forgot that **** around TGA and the trolling of us KOS-MOS fans.
I'm like "yep kid. I know your mother told you that if you'd be given the tit milk for the day if acted like a gob**** on the web. Now get off and get to the nearest behaviour correctional institution."

"Without footage, it's fiction" That's my view of leaks from now on. 4am Skate reference.

Still I'm happy for @JDCabrera and all of yous around the conman being touted.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Some can't transition.
Some haven't started.
And so on.

Gonna take that in mind in the near future don't worry.

And I only hope you can forgive me and accept me for who I am today.

We may not get along as well as I would wish... But you did do some good stuff for me, and I really thank you for that.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Um... guys, anyone heard of the Smash fans attacking a streamer called "CinnamonLOL" on Twitter?
(They thought she was Cinnpie, their names are different.)

Which is just not nice...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m more curious now as to what Papa Genos has to say about Sabi. He vouched so much for Sabi and said they were great and a trusted source,

But now,
Ohohoho that should be good

Shroob

Sup?
I’m more curious now as to what Papa Genos has to say about Sabi. He vouched so much for Sabi and said they were great and a trusted source,

But now,
Ohohoho that should be good
Well, that's the thing.

Even if they're absolute scum, that doesn't mean their info isn't good. Verg called the Grinch believers "autistic" before the November direct, doesn't mean his info wasn't good in the end.

****ty people can still be right when it comes to dropping info like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom