• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
gamefreak is a AA-quality developer at best who accidentally created the most popular media franchise of all time
gen 1 was so goddamn jank dude

the music kills my ears with all the bleeps and blips the gameboy made

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
*Obligatory reference to Lavender Town*
LT is the jankiest theme of the jank in that game.

Also, the competitive balance was stupid lol
i liked lavendar town's theme the most on account of it not being that high pitched

and then some creepypastas came around and said "yeah **** you, this is spooky now"

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I kinda want to see how the competitive scene is for SwSh.

Just to see how "balanced" it actually is with the removal of all these Pokemon.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I kinda want to see how the competitive scene is for SwSh.

Just to see how "balanced" it actually is with the removal of all these Pokemon.
really the only thing i care about when it comes to no national dex

is pokemon about to experience its very first :metaknight:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
If we get an undertale rep, I hope the trailer has a ness is sans joke. That would be hilarious
It’s going to be a close-up of K. Rool’s face, as it zooms out and reveals he is in the opening room of Undertale, having just been sent to The Underground by Banjo-Kazooie.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It’s going to be a close-up of K. Rool’s face, as it zooms out and reveals he is in the opening room of Undertale, having just been sent to The Underground by Banjo-Kazooie.
the lore just keeps getting stronger huh

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So. Just finished my first day of work. The kids were a lot more active than I planed for. When I was a kid, I would have loved to do crafty things and science experiments all day. But all these kids wanted to do was run around and beat each other to death with balls. And compare Fortnite dances.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
after failing to get raikou/entei/latios for a while i think i need a break from HGSS

within the past week i already put 50 hours in the damn game, i think that sends a message

im at the point where i only need to grind to beat red and the elite four again, and that's really all that i want to get done

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Wait, I can do that already?

If so, is it possible to specifically choose Eight?
I only see Hero listed, though it's probably because I only think Eleven's stock icon has been made officially available on the site. Not certain, though I have seen people make really good fan-made version of the other heroes.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So. Just finished my first day of work. The kids were a lot more active than I planed for. When I was a kid, I would have loved to do crafty things and science experiments all day. But all these kids wanted to do was run around and beat each other to death with balls. And compare Fortnite dances.
I feel like every new parent says the exact same thing when their kids start bugging them and won't go away.

"Here, just go play Minecraft/Fortnite for a while."

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey y'all! And I am back from my trip to San Diego.

Got home safely after a very long night and good rest upon getting home.

So what's the current discussion right now?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wanted to compare the number of new franchises added in Smash 4 and Ultimate.

Smash 4: :ultvillager::ultmegaman::ultwiifittrainer::ultlittlemac::ultmiifighters::ultpacman::ultshulk::ultduckhunt::ultryu::ultcloud::ultbayonetta:

Ultimate: :ultinkling::ultsimon::ultjoker:(DQ)(Banjo-Kazooie)

Even if we end the DLC with two new franchises, we're still looking a number less than Smash 4. How do you feel about that? Are you happy that we're getting fewer new franchises, or were you hoping for more?

Personally, I'm happy with how things have went so far. I feel like Smash 4 added too many new franchises at once, and only two or three of them were ones I had a genuine interest in. I'd rather get a balance of characters from existing franchises and new ones, like we have in Ultimate.

We got new reps from Super Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, and Street Fighter, along with five new franchises. I feel like this is a pretty good balance
Yeah. We knew we were getting less characters, and it they would bring back everyone else so I don't see the issue. Besides we got Ridley out of the situation too. I don't care too much about what series a character comes from so long as I like the character. Granted, some series have a lot of characters I like, so my preferences might lean one way or another, but it's all good.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

What age group of kids are you working with? I’m a middle school tutor and honestly I still have to endure mindless fornite babbling. Kids calling other kids “defaults” was common place last year, but the popularity of the game has died down a little bit from what I’ve seen.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Tbh, what franchises did Nintendo introduce between 4 and Ultimate that could actually have a rep? There's what, Arms? Boxboy? Codename STEAM? ****ing 1, 2 Switch?
It's the problem Sakurai complained about back in the Brawl days, where there's so few new franchises made by Nintendo that can actually be added to Smash as fighters. Look, I want a Pushmo character as much as the next guy, but it aint happening.
Out of the new ones, ARMS is the only one I really care about. They have a cool cast of characters. Though Dillon's Rolling Western could have been given a push, it's not like Knuckles was added, and he's got enough to make him stand out from Sonic.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I feel like every new parent says the exact same thing when their kids start bugging them and won't go away.

"Here, just go play Minecraft/Fortnite for a while."
Which, in my opinion, is horrible parenting.

What age group of kids are you working with? I’m a middle school tutor and honestly I still have to endure mindless fornite babbling. Kids calling other kids “defaults” was common place last year, but the popularity of the game has died down a little bit from what I’ve seen.
They’re 9-10 year olds.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"Japan doesn't care of BK."

(Warning: some slang words)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
"Japan doesn't care of BK."

(Warning: some slang words)
Japan reacts to Banjo: "Woah! I don't know who this guy is, but he looks really cool! Glad the Americans got what they wanted."

The rest of the world reacts to Hero: "Wasted slot. Absolutely a wasted slot. I should've known better than to buy the Fighter Pass without knowing the characters. More trash for the anime weebs I guess."

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I fing hate human kids so lol
Well you better be nice to mine when I bring them over.
Same feelings.

Having a child could help me fight anxiety.
I knew I wanted to be a mom long before I even knew I was trans. I feel like it’s one of my callings.

Japan reacts to Banjo: "Woah! I don't know who this guy is, but he looks really cool! Glad the Americans got what they wanted."

The rest of the world reacts to Hero: "Wasted slot. Absolutely a wasted slot. I should've known better than to buy the Fighter Pass without knowing the characters. More trash for the anime weebs I guess."
I wish people were more accepting of Hero. I think he at least looks interesting.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i want to see the most seething out of anyone about hating towards DQ hero after they got banjo on the same day

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ngl, ya'll kinda sound like those stereotypical old boomers when you complain about kids doing Fortnite dances, because every gen had one of those.

When I was younger, the "Fortnite dances" of my school was Teabagging due to CoD and Halo, almost every day if the week, there was at least 5 kids teabagging in a group. And old the teachers and admins complained to no end.

Maybe this is a sign that we're getting old lol.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
We get it, you hate purity and joy/s
Yeaaaah! **** purity and joy! *shakes fist*
*sits down and continues wating till 2020 for Animal crossing*

nah but really, I find kids annoying as hell. They stress me the hell out, annoy the **** out of me and give me headaches

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom