• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Question for everyone.

What's the most important game that released this decade for you? Not necessarily "favorite" or "best". But like, the game that you wouldn't trade for any other because of the experience you had playing it.

I have an easy answer for that that I've talked about to death before, but I'm curious if anyone else here has a game like that in their life the last 10 years.[/QUOTE]
If we have to pick one from this decade: Probably Undertale or Minecraft (Since that technically counts due to it being officially released IIRC)

If not: Mother 3 easily the story and characters really resonated with me and I wouldn't trade my experience with the game for the world it's such an amazing game with such impactful undertones and characters. Not to mention the Music, Gameplay and Art Direction is great.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I'm about 2 Sprite-Vodkas deep but this deserves to be said.

The Smash community gets a bum ****ing rap. Smashboards has been one of the most hospitable and kind online communities I've had the honour to be in and I love you all. Obviously there's some ****ty people, but most people I've met are extremely kind and respectful.

Also, I know I've never posted in this thread, but I have no idea where to put this otherwise. Merry New Years.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Time for my personal top 3 of Dorothy gifs concerning the year 2019:

ECE7C8AD-26FE-4151-BC61-707125D80282.gif

freegifmaker.me_2eKLa.gif

And my Number 1 gif!
E8F12BEF-6667-425F-BACF-2297CF2DED4B.gif

See y'all in 2020 where I promise to make more Dorothy gifs!

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Sometimes I just look back at things I said and go "Man, that sounds weird out of context." Probably one of my favorite things I've said with no context is "I can't wait for Taylor to turn off my life support."

D

Deleted member

Sometimes I just look back at things I said and go "Man, that sounds weird out of context." Probably one of my favorite things I've said with no context is "I can't wait for Taylor to turn off my life support."
Speaking of no context.... :p

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Just a reminder that Jeane Dixon predicts Armageddon will happen next year.

Catch y'all in the afterlife!

Noipoi

Howdy!
Aw **** the 2020s are up

I’m gonna be 20

And in another decade it’ll be the 2030s

I’m gonna be 30

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey, coming here quickly to say, Happy 2020! We just arrived over there to the new decade.

Also, me and my sister are playing video games (Resident Evil 6 & 5 to be precise) and we're having a ton of fun.

Hope ya all are having a good time too.^^

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
reminder that 20 years ago, people were freaking out over computers glitching up a couple digits

look how far we've come

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I beat Thanos' crew. Now all that's left is to take him and that one guy who will totally not betray us I promise down. I want to try and unlock Magneto before I take on the last part of the game. It's gonna take a while to unlock Symbiote Spider-Man though. It'll require taking a bunch of characters I don't use and leveling them up to have a decent chance of winning those.

My main team is all in their level 50's though.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Got Lucario in my team. Decided to opt for a specially built Lucario because Justified Lucario isn't spawning and isn't necessary in a Special build.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've got about five hours until 2020, so I'm going to watch the last five episodes of the Mandalorian.

Also, I watched a Donkey Kong Country speedrun to see how they handled Blackout Basement (I recall that, the last time I played that game, I was stuck on that level), but given the sort of insane physics-breaking stuff that they do, maybe I'd be better off looking elsewhere haha.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Man, just drove to another nearby town and back, which, combined, took an hour. How are you guys?

Happy New Years' Eve, by the way.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i come to you americans with grim tidings

the year is 2020

challenger 5 is still not released

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
I both simultaneously love and hate this comment.

So, uh...have a like, I guess.

Wait nevermind I had my stick settings on low sensitivity so tilts were a lot easier. I also now know that short hops require actual practise and I haven't just been not doing them *sigh*

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Anyone up for some Smash? I honestly hate playing online in this game, I always do terribly and get destroyed despite being good when playing locally.

But playing in an arena for some fun, non-competitive Smash is always fun though. Anyone want to play?

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
Since the decade is coming to a close, and since everyone else is being all sentimental and mushy right about now... I guess I should join in, too.

Seriously, even though it was fairly late in 2019, I'm grateful that I joined the forum this year and got to meet all you folks. It's been legitimately fun being able to interact and goof around with you all, and I hope to have an even greater time with you guys come next year. I said it when I first got here, and I'll say it again:
You folks are lovely people.
Special shoutouts to Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku , Noipoi Noipoi , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , @Taylor F, Aurane Aurane , and Wademan94 Wademan94 for all the warm greetings when I first showed up, and thanks to everyone else here at the boards for being so cool to talk to. I wish you all a Smash-tacular New Year. Here's to another awesome decade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom