• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Where did you read that Julius is the younger brother? The CV wiki? Because if so, you misread what was written. It says her brother could be a younger Julius (which is true, giving Otomedius plays in 2011 compared to the Sorrow games over 20 years later), not that he is her younger brother.
That's what I said, didn't I? Julius is implied to be the younger brother. I didn't say Julius IS the younger brother, but could be, implied, to be the younger brother. I did my grammar properly, right?

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Also, to the surpirse of absolutely nobody, the reason why GF had to keep cutting features out of past Pokemon games (pre SwSh) is because adding new mons took up a lot of space.

What a plot twist, no way.
“There are many new challenges we haven’t revealed”

...Did they cut Pokémon so they’d have more space for tons of new features?

...Will I have the last laugh after putting up with months of ****?

D

Deleted member

Also, to the surpirse of absolutely nobody, the reason why GF had to keep cutting features out of past Pokemon games (pre SwSh) is because adding new mons took up a lot of space.

Do people actually believe this?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Do people actually believe this?
What’s so unbelievable about it?

It actually kinda lines up. People have been complaining that the recent games lacked things like post game content or significant side features, and now we may know the reason why.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
It'd be really funny if Niantic suddenly decides to YEET a bunch of Pokémon out of GO once they reach the 8th Generation. Can you imagine having a spin-off that manages to keep every Pokémon as opposed to the mainline series? Oh what sweet irony that would be.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

It actually kinda lines up. People have been complaining that the recent games lacked things like post game content or significant side features, and now we may know the reason why.
Not even surprising.

It's same in Smash, too: Fans want both more characters and more extra modes, then get pissy when Sakurai has to compromise.

D

Deleted member

Please explain to me how stuff like the VS Seeker, Gym leader rematches, the good PSS from gen 6 or the radar from ORAS would impact the file size in a meaningful way.

Not to mention, if size is such an issue, then how come they still manage to add stuff to third editions, despite using the same hardware?

Not even surprising.

It's same in Smash, too: Fans want both more characters and more extra modes, then get pissy when Sakurai has to compromise.
I don't appreciate the way you try to dismiss me as someone who only complains. I don't go around calling others "sheep" or other insults either.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Delete please, notifications messed up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Please explain to me how stuff like the VS Seeker, Gym leader rematches, the good PSS from gen 6 or the radar from ORAS would impact the file size in a meaningful way.

Not to mention, if size is such an issue, then how come they still manage to add stuff to third editions, despite using the same hardware?
PSS: The PSS change wasn’t a case of removing a feature, it was a case of replacing it with another one. That doesn’t really count.

Radar: That’s more to do with their design philosophy. They’re never gonna stop making Pokémon games, so they want each one to have a lil something special to set it apart. They want every game to have something that makes it unique, for ORAS is was the radar. That’s why it hasn’t returned.

Gym Leader rematches: Well there weren’t gym leaders in gen 7. You could fight Trial Captains and other characters in title defense though.

Vs Seeker: They brought it back.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
EXP share is automatic now, without the need of an item.

If it can be turned off is unknown.
I'd imagine it can - kind of like how Mario Kart 8 Deluxe automatically has that '_revents you from crashing mode' that you can toggle off straight away

I do ho_e SwSh gives us more difficulty o_tions though

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't appreciate the way you try to dismiss me as someone who only complains. I don't go around calling others "sheep" or other insults either.
I'm not trying to dismiss you as anything, my post wasn't directed at you.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Alright, I’ve never been into the Sonic Comic.

But god damn is Whisper the Wolf precious.

I just wanna hug her and talk about her issues.
Did someone mention Whisper?

Being cool is one thing, but having character scenes like these?

Lightning in the bottle.

D

Deleted member

PSS: The PSS change wasn’t a case of removing a feature, it was a case of replacing it with another one. That doesn’t really count.

Radar: That’s more to do with their design philosophy. They’re never gonna stop making Pokémon games, so they want each one to have a lil something special to set it apart. They want every game to have something that makes it unique, for ORAS is was the radar. That’s why it hasn’t returned.

Gym Leader rematches: Well there weren’t gym leaders in gen 7. You could fight Trial Captains and other characters in title defense though.

Vs Seeker: They brought it back.
None of this answers my question how those features impacted the file size in a meaningful way. Not to mention that was a very small sample size of stuff removed between games Also you said it yourself "They want every game to have something that makes it unique", which contradicts their file size excuse.

And let's not ignore them cutting the Battle Frontier in ORAS because apparently people didn't care for it anymore, which is also not a file size reason.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

I'm so sure that's true. You know, like in the 90s when they couldn't get Johto to fit on the cartridge so a comptent developer, Satoru Iwata, came in and single handedly fit not just Johto, but also all of Kanto on the cartridge.

This is the biggest media franchise in the world, but they would rather cut corners than make the game what it should be.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Man I've never played Guilty Gear but I'm so damn excited for the new game and more so with every trailer that drops for it. I really want to get into it.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Every Pokemon cut = 1 Curry in the Currydex.

So you know what happends to Spoink and Miltank.
Game Freak: So... How do you like our Galar Curry?

Spoink: [slurp] Wow! That is freakin' tasty! What's in this?

Game Freak: A little bit of cumin, lentils, spelons, Tepiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig?

[beat]

Spoink: I'm delicious...

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

Is there any proof yet that there actually will be post-game content? I wouldn't be so quick to assume there is, the Let's Go games had the perfect opportunity to add features and the most they did with that was add a series of awful battles where you could only use 1 Pokemon.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Man I've never played Guilty Gear but I'm so damn excited for the new game and more so with every trailer that drops for it. I really want to get into it.
I'm interested, but I need to know exactly how accessible it is for someone who sucked *** at the previous game. Guilty Gear Xrd was so freaking hard to grasp the mechanics for me.

D

Deleted member

I personally think Pokemon (as in, the actual games, not the designs) peaked with gen 5. I like how BW tried to go for a deeper than usual story and even gave gym leaders an active role in the story by helping out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom