• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Touhou music?

I like the **** out of you.
I've been listening to a lot of touhou music recently. I neve knew it was ALL so good. (I only knew of things like Beloved Tomboyish Girl and UN Owen was Her?). It's one of the things that got me to look into the series. (I do want to try it someday.)

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Anyone wants to battle on the Wii U ? I did some matches with @ Losho Losho , but it was a little bit laggy.
I mostly want to train myself against :4diddy:, :4sonic:, :4sheik: and :4peach:, but anyone else is okay to me.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Anyone wants to battle on the Wii U ? I did some matches with @ Losho Losho , but it was a little bit laggy.
I mostly want to train myself against :4diddy:, :4sonic:, :4sheik: and :4peach:, but anyone else is okay to me.
I might have to drop out since I have to leave, but I can play a few.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I might do later tonight, if you're on. I need to focus on my essay, and I have to go to work tonight.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I kinda need opinions on what this thing I'm describing is because I'm kinda worried.

A few weeks ago before 2015 happened, on my face is a bump that I originally thought was a pimple. I tried to pop it, but I can't since it seemed to be buried too much under the skin, plus the scab of mine which I was squeezing wouldn't even release liquid. A few days later, I was trying to feel how the thing is, and it doesn't feel circular like usual pimples are, but more cylinder-like and solid in texture. It's currently the size of a coin btw.

Would this thing be called a cyst or something? I'm starting to get concerned lately because it's like a couple inches from my nose and right eye. And being a person that likes to pick at scabs and bumps, I see myself poking at it every few minutes/hours, and that's not fun for me. And I know I've seen vids of "cyst removal" outta curiosity while looking up pimple popping, and now my concerns just continue on and on. What do you think this thing is? *shivers*

It's a coincidence because this thing started catching my attention a week or 2 before 2014 ended, and I'm under the impression that the curse of 2014 left me this... bump as its last resort. :(

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I kinda need opinions on what this thing I'm describing is because I'm kinda worried.

A few weeks ago before 2015 happened, on my face is a bump that I originally thought was a pimple. I tried to pop it, but I can't since it seemed to be buried too much under the skin, plus the scab of mine which I was squeezing wouldn't even release liquid. A few days later, I was trying to feel how the thing is, and it doesn't feel circular like usual pimples are, but more cylinder-like and solid in texture. It's currently the size of a coin btw.

Would this thing be called a cyst or something? I'm starting to get concerned lately because it's like a couple inches from my nose and right eye. And being a person that likes to pick at scabs and bumps, I see myself poking at it every few minutes/hours, and that's not fun for me. And I know I've seen vids of "cyst removal" outta curiosity while looking up pimple popping, and now my concerns just continue on and on. What do you think this thing is? *shivers*

It's a coincidence because this thing started catching my attention a week or 2 before 2014 ended, and I'm under the impression that the curse of 2014 left me this... bump as its last resort. :(
Just go to a dermatologist.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

If it feels like it's buried deep in the skin, is close to your eye and is oddly shaped, then yes, it's most likely a cyst of some kind. I've actually had a few of them myself lately so I can speak from personal experience.

I would recommend performing warm compresses on it. Get a face towel, warm it up with some water and then press it on the cyst for at least 10 minutes or so (don't push hard on it though, just place it and rest it there. It's easier and more effective if you lie down while doing this) I suggest you do this periodically, multiple times throughout a few days.

See if it goes down at all after doing that for a while. It might be something else if that clearly has no effect after doing it a lot, but from how you described it most likely is, indeed, a stye, so it should work. If it doesn't have any effect, you should probably see a doctor about it.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Gg @ Space Stranger Space Stranger , it was fast but nice. Your :4wario2: needs more training though.

Anyone else wants to battle appart @ TJ-Works TJ-Works later ? I'm still up for more matches.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If it feels like it's buried deep in the skin, is close to your eye and is oddly shaped, then yes, it's most likely a cyst of some kind. I've actually had a few of them myself lately so I can speak from personal experience.

I would recommend performing warm compresses on it. Get a face towel, warm it up with some water and then press it on the cyst for at least 10 minutes or so (don't push hard on it though, just place it and rest it there. It's easier and more effective if you lie down while doing this) I suggest you do this periodically, multiple times throughout a few days.

See if it goes down at all after doing that for a while. It might be something else if that clearly has no effect after doing it a lot, but from how you described it most likely is, indeed, a stye, so it should work. If it doesn't you might want to see a doctor about it.
Well, I can't pop it no matter how hard I try and it's like deep under the skin to where I can't even pop it along with its firm feeling making it hard to do so anyways. I'm sorry to hear that btw. D:

So a towel, hot water, squeeze water out, and place it on the thing (next to my right eye again) right?
After reading about stye, it's not on the eye or the lashes, but it's diagonally downward from my right eye, and is an inch or 2 away from the right side of my nose (and the eye). Not being an eye-related thing, it has to be a cyst. But thanks for the advice at least. I guess I will have to talk to the parents about this. Damn curse of 2014 giving me this thing. T_T

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Well, I can't pop it no matter how hard I try and it's like deep under the skin to where I can't even pop it along with its firm feeling making it hard to do so anyways. I'm sorry to hear that btw. D:

So a towel, hot water, squeeze water out, and place it on the thing (next to my right eye again) right?
After reading about stye, it's not on the eye or the lashes, but it's diagonally downward from my right eye, and is an inch or 2 away from the right side of my nose (and the eye). Not being an eye-related thing, it has to be a cyst. But thanks for the advice at least. I guess I will have to talk to the parents about this. Damn curse of 2014 giving me this thing. T_T
You don't know the half of it. As well as having a few styes and cysts on my facial area, I've had some cysts under my armpits as well....I'd rather not talk about how a particular one of those turned out in it's development and what it took to get rid of it....

No problem! :p Yeah. That's how I've been bringing them down, just be sure to squeeze the water out so it doesn't drip everywhere, do it for about ten minutes, wait a while and do it again later, rinse and repeat. You'll probably have to do this for at least two days if not more. And again, it's both easier to do and more effective in getting rid of it if you lie down while compressing it.

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator

My friend had a cyst drained on his butt crack several years ago and he had to have someone else repackage the pit it left with sterile bandaging every day! Have fun :D

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You don't know the half of it. As well as having a few styes and cysts on my facial area, I've had some cysts under my armpits as well....I'd rather not talk about how a particular one of those turned out in it's development and what it took to get rid of it....

No problem! :p Yeah. That's how I've been bringing them down, just be sure to squeeze the water out so it doesn't drip everywhere, do it for about ten minutes, wait a while and do it again later, rinse and repeat. You'll probably have to do this for at least two days if not more. And again, it's both easier to do and more effective in getting rid of it if you lie down while compressing it.
Ouch. D:
I'll try if I can keep remembering to do it. My memory hasn't been the best lately. I'll make some food, eat a bit, then try it. Thanks for the support. May the light of Skyworld bless your soul.

My friend had a cyst drained on his butt crack several years ago and he had to have someone else repackage the pit it left with sterile bandaging every day! Have fun :D
Well... uh, um... good thing I already watched vids of cyst draining and removal during my adventures of watching pimples explode, or I'd be sick. >.<

D

Deleted member

PSSSSSSSSHH! It doesn't snow in Mexico. Mexico is a desert. Silly Dan.
hey. HEY. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE IN MEXICO! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!

I LIVE IN ILLINOIS K GAWD. JUST CUZ IM MEHEECAN DOESNT MEAN I LIVE IN MEXICO. RACIST AGAINST ME. heehee jk :p

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I've just noticed I have a weird habit of forgetting to type the word 'know' in a contextual sentence, even if I speak it out while typing it.

Am I mentally handicapped?

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Today I wanted to start watching Kill la Kill, wich is a pretty popular anime/manga/show (call it whatever you want).
But then, randomly (thanks Youtube), I found ouy that this show is a fusion between DBZ, boobs (there wasn't a lot of boobs in DBZ) and...really weird stuff. Oh yeah, also incest between daughter and mother.
Yeah, I think I'll wait. Maybe I would have watched it without Youtube spoiling myself, but now ? Nah...can't do that.

Oh yeah, and the videos that I've randomly encountered was this one :
Sorry for your eyes people.

Kk, I have a Melee tournament in 2 hours wish me luck!
Good luck buddy. :luigimelee:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Today I wanted to start watching Kill la Kill, wich is a pretty popular anime/manga/show (call it whatever you want).
But then, randomly (thanks Youtube), I found ouy that this show is a fusion between DBZ, boobs (there wasn't a lot of boobs in DBZ) and...really weird stuff. Oh yeah, also incest between daughter and mother.
Yeah, I think I'll wait. Maybe I would have watched it without Youtube spoiling myself, but now ? Nah...can't do that.

You know, since you've already seen it, you can just skip that scene when it comes and just watch the rest of the series.

Kill la Kill needs to be seen to be believed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

DEAR GOD MY INNOCENCE HAS BEEN ROBBED ASDFGHJKLKJHGFDSADSA

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader

I need to get to watch that show someday. Its made by the Gurren Lagann creators, so I pretty much have to.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Meanwhile, in the Land of Amiibo...

This just keeps getting better and better.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Actually, that was Gainax. Kill la Kill was produced by studio Trigger, but was directed by one of the people who worked on Gurren Lagaan.
And also writen by Lagaan's writer, thats why I edited that post, because sometimes I forget these are two different companies :p

Wow Im falling apart today XD

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
You know, since you've already seen it, you can just skip that scene when it comes and just watch the rest of the series.

Kill la Kill needs to be seen to be believed.
Yeah, but see, I don't want to make myself look like a feminist or some stuff like this but : Sweet Baby Jesus those fighting outfits. This is not okay for fighting, there's no protection for anything ! I mean, there's probably some "magic" that probably explain it, but even with that, how can you fight with the middle of your body exposed ! And it's sword fights, so it's easy to just poke the person right in the heart.

I'll probably watch it, but still, this is some weird stuff here. Even in DBZ they don't fight half naked, at least at the beginning. Here, straight out, boobs ! No protection, it would make the fight more difficult for the opponent. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom