• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
I once was flipping through channels in the morning and passed by the "Hub" channel and noticed My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic was on and remembered how a lot of people on smashboards really liked it and I decided to watch it. I believe it was the first episode. Anyways, I started watching it and it was somewhat amusing but then I just got really bored.

I guess I'm not a bronie.

D

Deleted member

online poker literally got banned

along with all the money in my accounts

D

Deleted member

a decent amount

i managed to somehow get an e-check from stars for all my money

but not sure if i shouldve done that

we'll see in a week

apparently all people who tried to withdraw with a check, the checks have all bounced lol

Atlus8

Smash Master
I didn't think MK would be so damn good! I'm just blown away! MK just saved 'the new school of fighting games!' Can't wait to see people go nuts with this at EVO!

Edit - Kouryuu where are you?! I wanna here your take on this game!

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I didn't think MK would be so damn good! I'm just blown away! MK just saved 'the new school of fighting games!' Can't wait to see people go nuts with this at EVO!

Edit - Kouryuu where are you?! I wanna here your take on this game!
I haven't played the game yet lol. I doubt I'm gonna buy it anytime soon. Prolly gonna wait till EVO to see how the game plays/evolves.

How is it? Is it smooth and reactive? Fast paced? How does it compare to SF4?

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
Hi there SoCal !
I am from France and my oral english is pretty decent (for a frenchman that is :)).
My nickname is Joanna Dark but everyone calls me JD in Europe. I'm well known all over Europe and even won a tournament in Germany once (and many others in France). I've been playing melee competitively since 2003 and I'm still motivated, though I'm not very technical...
I will be landing in San Francisco on july 9th but I don't have housing so far, and I will have enough money to go to SoCal if someone accepts to help me in my trip to the USA...
If you're curious and happy about life, you should house me ! Plus I know how to cook a bit ;) I can make ratatouille no problems :) and I'll bring something french with me !
Please consider my offer...
Smash lives on !

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
Hi there SoCal !
I am from France and my oral english is pretty decent (for a frenchman that is :)).
My nickname is Joanna Dark but everyone calls me JD in Europe. I'm well known all over Europe and even won a tournament in Germany once (and many others in France). I've been playing melee competitively since 2003 and I'm still motivated, though I'm not very technical...
I will be landing in San Francisco on july 9th but I don't have housing so far, and I will have enough money to go to SoCal if someone accepts to help me in my trip to the USA...
If you're curious and happy about life, you should house me ! Plus I know how to cook a bit ;) I can make ratatouille no problems :) and I'll bring something french with me !
Please consider my offer...
Smash lives on !
do you have housing in norcal?
how long are you staying?
and i guess you getting to socal wont be a big deal

Kira-

Smash Champion
"Two new characters are introduced in the two-player cooperative mode, which has its own unique plot and setting.[12] These two characters are Atlas and P-body, a modified personality core and turret gun, respectively;[32] both units are bipedal and equipped with their own portal guns."

"In the co-op campaign, Atlas and P-body are shown to five sets of test chambers by GLaDOS. In the first four of these, GLaDOS prepares the robots to 'venture outside' of the test systems of Aperture Laboratories to recover a data disk, after which she destroys them, restoring their memories to new bodies."

..lol

Atlus8

Smash Master
I haven't played the game yet lol. I doubt I'm gonna buy it anytime soon. Prolly gonna wait till EVO to see how the game plays/evolves.

How is it? Is it smooth and reactive? Fast paced? How does it compare to SF4?
It's not as smooth as SF! Still can't tell how fast paced this game is gonna be, but the vid that was uploaded by REO convinced to pick up the game!

Video quality is crap, but the first combo by Kabal was the selling point!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Al-fWYolLY

This game has got to get picked up by fighting game fans!

Edit - @Kira I got a kick out of Portal 2 when I first read that!

embracethe12

Smash Lord
It's been out for a tiny bit now, have you tried it out? Tons of positive feedback on MK9
i don't know about TONS of positive feedback, unless you're not talking about competitive gameplay. people are saying it's going to be a fun casual game due the tower having cool *** missions, but it's probably not gonna be so hot on a competitive level

http://www.1up.com/reviews/mortal-kombat-review?cmpid=mortalkombatreview_041911_twitter

still worth playing but i've always been a ***** about games with guard buttons

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
HEY

HEY YOU

sick party at stevens
TONGIHT
RIGHT NOW

happy birthday johnny and derek

tell your homies

bring a jacket and full setups
(laptops for lol i guess)

show up whenever
ft. joe

Brian

Smash Journeyman
so
like half the time i see the word flip i think of that song by lil flip where it was like
GAME OVER
flip flip flip flip
GAME OVER

anyone know what im talking about
that **** was banging

MTKO

Smash Journeyman
I'm moving to Riverside this June and was wondering if anyone nearby plays at all? I'm going to be living near UCR close to the north side of campus, but I probably won't have a car for a while to actually get to other places.

D

Deleted member

theres fiction, knives, luigi, KFC, SDR, NIma, so not bad but duno how much they play still

i live there too when im not in school but never feel like playing there

Top Bottom