• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

Atlus8

Smash Master
i messed around with kratos in training mode for like 2 hours n the game coulddddd be pretty **** but jesus x-rays do a **** load of damage.

still dosnt seem like itd be funner then sf though miguel lol i just wish i was around when 3rd stike was big.that game looks sooooooo amazing
Actually, you can do some pretty **** combos without the X-Ray!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dBc4m3vyNE

Also, you would want to use the meter to get out of combos and there is no guarantee that you will land the X-Ray! Remember, a lot of people don't play MK so you're not gonna see any amazing matches soon! To reach the games potential, I think the tournament scene has to go with 2v2!

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
Ya Atlus, 2v2's seem to have more potential and make the game reeeeeally fun! Definitely should be the standard. It requires more meter management and makes the game hectic!

Lucky, most characters can do the same/more damaging combos using 2 maybe 3 EX attacks. xD but ya SF3 is an incredible game! It's my 2nd favorite game to melee.

edit/ omg you get punished so hard in this game! haha Cyrax is so crazy.

embracethe12

Smash Lord
i was so mad that goofy didnt actually die in Kingdom Hearts 2

the whole time it was at that part i was thinking, "Holy ****, this games not ****ing around anymore. Someone actually died."

Does anyone else think that a game looks more professional and the story more captivating if there are some sacrifices on the way to the end? Cause when people get sacrificed and die in videogames i'm always like "**** i gotta avenge him"

bbb

Smash Champion
nah cuz then you equip them with all this cool **** and then they die and you're like **** this ****

the cool characters are almost always the ones on the chopping block

Jun.

Smash Lord
wrath of cortex (thanks brian I swear revenge sounds like something too lol)

hard nostalgia commencing

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
the only board to crack me up anytime i visit

those links... amazing

i also honestly can't see how crash wasn't amazing..

nothing beats getting to the last world in..the 2nd? where you constantly go up in levels, without a mem card only to have your 5 year old broither shut it off to play somethin else..oh were you playin dat, my b

bbb

Smash Champion
where you constantly go up in levels, without a mem card only to have your 5 year old broither shut it off to play somethin else..oh were you playin dat, my b
I can't tell you how much playing playstation and PS2 games without memory cards were my ****ing element

my dad could get us some games but not memory cards but thats aight, I was so sick at the first 3 areas of crash

rayman and gex had passwords, had a book full of that ****

joeplicate

Smash Master
dude having passwords

what a good idea!!!
i don't need no fancy ******* features or memories cards

derek
gex for the playstation was hard as hell
i got it as a little kid, but i never beat it
i would always use the passwords to skip ahead haha

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
lol memory cards

i remember keeping my nintendo 64 on through the night so that i could beat quest 64

bbb

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure I never beat gex either, but I never cheated

mainly because I was really young and the thought never occurred to me

DJMirror

Smash Master
Gex was the ****

sadly I never beat it too.

=[ They need to bring that **** back or something

DJMirror

Smash Master
I remember getting tekken 3 on the day it came out, play the **** out of it, almost unlocked everyone except that doctor and suddenly remember that I left my memory card back at my friend house

and my mom wanted me to turn off the playstation

and

I was like

nooooooooooooooooooo

=[

joeplicate

Smash Master
NOOOOOO DUDE

the doctor was SO HARD to unlock in that game!!!!

you had to play through tekken force mode like 2343 times, and then beat him once he showed up on top of all that

i got all the way to him and then lost while my sister was watching, in like 3rd grade
i was so pissed, i called him "dr. boskonob*tch" and then quickly shut off my playstation in tears

DJMirror

Smash Master
Wow that sucksss Joe

Gon was cool but at the time he was a f*g because I couldn't hit him

Tekken ball is where it's at!

Top Bottom