• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

snakes final smash?

ComradeCanada

Smash Journeyman
^Since this Snake is somewhat based off of Big Boss from MGS 3, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Davey Crocket.

I still really think the PSG-1 is the best idea though.

Super_Mario

Smash Rookie
He should just pull out his machine gun(i forget the name, something with a k?) and than his music comes on with the alarm going off, and the count down timer, and he just blows everyone away with his gun.

I remember a scene where he runs down the stairs killing hundreds of guards as he tries to get to the bottom. I believe that was in mgs 2. It was the pure carnage that i want his final smash to be like. But nintendo wouldnt allow a bloody scene like that sadly.

elwordo310

Smash Cadet
^Since this Snake is somewhat based off of Big Boss from MGS 3, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Davey Crocket.

I still really think the PSG-1 is the best idea though.
yea so I just saw they Davy Crockett, all I have to say is id tap that...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well out of all these final smash ideas i'll have to say i liked the following:

-Liquid Snake trying to shoot at Snake while in his Hind D

-Genome Soldiers appearing and attacking smashers

-a fox hound member such as Psycho Mantis or Octopus appearing

- Sniper Wolf (or Snake) using their PSG-1 to shoot at smashers

-M1 tank (although similar to Fox's but still cool)

ComradeCanada

Smash Journeyman
He should just pull out his machine gun(i forget the name, something with a k?)
AK-47 or AKSU? Those were big Boss.
Snake used a FA-MAS and in MGS2 VR Missions he used the M-16 and AKSU.

I remember a scene where he runs down the stairs killing hundreds of guards as he tries to get to the bottom. I believe that was in mgs 2. It was the pure carnage that i want his final smash to be like. But nintendo wouldnt allow a bloody scene like that sadly.
Could be Arsenal Gear in MGS 2. But you played as Raiden. Snake did something like that early in MGS 1, but there was no stairs involved.
In MGS2 he fought below the tanker against many guards as well.

Personally, I think the best Boss fights in Metal Gear that I would like to see implemented in Brawl were:

Metal Gear:
Big Boss

Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake:
Frank Jaeger (Confirmed!)/Snatcher Big Boss

Metal Gear Solid (Twin Snakes):
Psycho Mantis/Gray Fox (Confirmed! ^_^)/Metal Gear Rex (Confirmed!)/Sniper Wolf/Hind D/ Abrams Tank

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty:
Solidus Snake

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Ocelot Unit/Ocelot/The End/The Fury/Colonel Volgin (On Sakurai's Poll)/The Boss

the mood of any of those boss fights would serve well for Smash Brothers, and many of them could be implemented as a Final Smash.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
AK-47 or AKSU? Those were big Boss.
Snake used a FA-MAS and in MGS2 VR Missions he used the M-16 and AKSU.
True, but keep in mind that the Snake we're seeing in Brawl is sort of a combination of Big Boss and Solid with elements of both. The RPG he uses looks like it's straight out of MGS3.

And besides, AK-47? Nintendo?

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty:
Solidus Snake
Indeed, especially when Plisken comes to the scene.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Ocelot Unit/Ocelot/The End/The Fury/Colonel Volgin (On Sakurai's Poll)/The Boss
I would have just said *all of them* lol

However, I think that a carpet bombing or barrage of explosives would be a bit more fitting.

Actually, what if he did a series of CQC techniques, sort of like he does to the Ocelot unit? Just goes around invincible and disables/"puts to sleep" a bunch of players?

RyNo 86

Smash Journeyman
well out of all these final smash ideas i'll have to say i liked the following:

-M1 tank (although similar to Fox's but still cool)
M1 one tank would be a good idea, although I think it'd be something more like him manning the shagohod.

I had this idea, he could take out the ninja's sword and go on a rampage. I know he never really used the sword, Raiden did, but it's just a thought.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
As a reminder, Sakurai said Snake will be prohibited from using guns. This means Handguns, Assult Rifles, Shotguns, Sniper Rifles, and any other bullet based weapon is out of the question.
If not the Davey Crockett, why not a rapid firing grenade launcher that you can use until it runs out of ammo?

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Artiliary strike would be good, it makes sense either that or he can use Metal R.E.X or R.A.Y like from the shadow moses island.

Dragothel

Smash Journeyman
I believe in the old "***What's Going On At SMASHBROS.COM***" thread, I proposed this:

Similar to the way Link's final smash singles out one character and racks up some sweet damage on them, Snake places a large carboard box overtop the enemy, and when he pulls it off, the enemy is gone. KO'd.
im thinking something like this, but maybe, with the whole neck snap thing we've seen in the screens, that hasnt really been confirmed as an attack yet

Alex Tcp

Smash Journeyman
I believe in the old "***What's Going On At SMASHBROS.COM***" thread, I proposed this:

Similar to the way Link's final smash singles out one character and racks up some sweet damage on them, Snake places a large carboard box overtop the enemy, and when he pulls it off, the enemy is gone. KO'd.
That's a magic trick :ohwell:

Just so you know Snake isn't a Magician

T-major

Smash Champion
fellas!! isn't his Final Smash OBVIOUS!?!

Snake takes off his head band in an overly dramatic fashion, then powers up to reveal his true identity as a SUPER SAIYAN!!!! Raiden then jumps on stage and him and Snake do the fusion dance which creates Raidake! then, with his power level now OVER 9000!, he uses his Destructo Spirit Kamehameha Ball attack to create on explosion across the stage. this will kill everyone on stage, as well as delete the stage from the game because it's now too destroyed to use.

... I can't believe anybody didn't think of this... it's a staple part of the MGS games, so I don't see how it got looked over...

WarioII

Smash Apprentice
fellas!! isn't his Final Smash OBVIOUS!?!

Snake takes off his head band in an overly dramatic fashion, then powers up to reveal his true identity as a SUPER SAIYAN!!!! Raiden then jumps on stage and him and Snake do the fusion dance which creates Raidake! then, with his power level now OVER 9000!, he uses his Destructo Spirit Kamehameha Ball attack to create on explosion across the stage. this will kill everyone on stage, as well as delete the stage from the game because it's now too destroyed to use.

... I can't believe anybody didn't think of this... it's a staple part of the MGS games, so I don't see how it got look over...
aww man i never thought of that its just so obvious now...LONG LIVE RAIDAKE!

Alphalink

Smash Apprentice
I dont think itll be a Meatl Gear unless Sakurai wants to be redundant...

but I dont know what it could be... Thats the most logical, destructive move he could have...

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Snake doesn't drive Metal Gears though, the whole purpose of his being is to destroy them..

Think about this though... what if he called in someone on the codec and that initiated something... He calls the colonel and confirms an airstrike maybe?

I think that would be great, seriously.

*Snake gets smash ball, codec convo initiates:*

Colonel: "Snake, what's the matter?"
Snake: "I need an air-strike. Seems a little tougher than I thought... I'm no hero..."
Colonel: "You haven't changed a bit, Snake. Air strike en route."
Snake: "Got it."

*Codec convo ends*

Player1: "****!!"
Player2: "DUDE WTF!!"
Player3: "OMG BS"
Player4: Awwww yeah.

*BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!*

Oh, the possibilities..

Alphalink

Smash Apprentice
Snake doesn't drive Metal Gears though, the whole purpose of his being is to destroy them..

Think about this though... what if he called in someone on the codec and that initiated something... He calls the colonel and confirms an airstrike maybe?

Snake: "I need an air-strike. Seems a little tougher than I thought... I'm no hero..."

*Codec convo ends*

Oh, the possibilities..

That'd be cool, much like Snake can call for an air strike in MGS3.

but snake does take control of a metal gear (see MGS4 trailer)

Alphalink

Smash Apprentice
I honestly would love to see FOXDIE as Snake's Final Smash. That could definitely be epic. Seeing Mario writhe on the ground in pain. How wonderful.

Well, either that or something like this.
awesome idea!

the other characters start falling to the floor and arent able to moved, looking like they're struggling. then snake is the only one immune and can do anything to its enemies, although foxdie is around for a limited time only

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Snake airsrike would be awesome i would pick snake in casaul matches to see the face of my friends seeing a multitude of explosions fall from the sky while i laugh minaically... true an epic fs you sir get a cookie for creating such a pleasurable fs

SolidCrispy

Smash Apprentice

*Codec convo ends*

Oh, the possibilities..
This is an awesome idea. I hope this is it. :)

Life Ruiner

Smash Apprentice
That air strike thing sounds pretty cool. As long as it would not hurt yourself.

BTW Solidcrispy thats a cool little mei-ling codec picture in your signature. Could you tell me where you got it? I'm trying to get all the codec pictures.

SolidCrispy

Smash Apprentice
That air strike thing sounds pretty cool. As long as it would not hurt yourself.

BTW Solidcrispy thats a cool little mei-ling codec picture in your signature. Could you tell me where you got it? I'm trying to get all the codec pictures.
Googled "metal gear sprites" and came across it on the links page.

Sanji

Smash Apprentice
you think a C4 explosive is gona be a regular move? do you know how much explosive power a C4 explosive has??? lmfao....

SolidCrispy

Smash Apprentice
you think a C4 explosive is gona be a regular move? do you know how much explosive power a C4 explosive has??? lmfao....
In the Metal Gear games, about enough to blow up a wall. Doesn't seem much stronger than the Nikita.

Sanji

Smash Apprentice
k. if they can blow up a wall, what do you think would happen to a bunch of characters on a stage which takes about 5 seconds to run across? I think they would be sent to oblivion no matter where they are standing on such a small area of land

brawl_maniac

Smash Journeyman
k. if they can blow up a wall, what do you think would happen to a bunch of characters on a stage which takes about 5 seconds to run across? I think they would be sent to oblivion no matter where they are standing on such a small area of land
that doesn't seem to be that powerful.

Snake's final smash is obviously a metal gear

SolidCrispy

Smash Apprentice
It wouldn't be of Final Smash proportions.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
If Snake can launch an RPG into the ground 2 inches away from his face, who's to say that C4 will have a realistic blast property?

Although, I can see it happeneing, don't get me wrong.

Sanji

Smash Apprentice
Ok. I guess we are comparing two different things - reality and virtual reality. A real C4 would destroy anyone in a 10 meter radius around it. In Smash i guess it will be different. But seriously even if it has the same destructive power as the one in the MGS series, it would be a one hit kill if they were near it.... dont you think thats a little too powerful for a regular move?

SolidCrispy

Smash Apprentice
Ok. I guess we are comparing two different things - reality and virtual reality. A real C4 would destroy anyone in a 10 meter radius around it. In Smash i guess it will be different. But seriously even if it has the same destructive power as the one in the MGS series, it would be a one hit kill if they were near it.... dont you think thats a little too powerful for a regular move?
Why would it have to be a one-hit kill? Just because that's what would realistically happen?

Sanji

Smash Apprentice
No... Im talking about both in the game MGS and reality.... You seriously dont think you could one hit kill someone in MGS with C4?? If it can blow up a wall i think it can go through human flesh... lol .... why are you being so narrow minded

SolidCrispy

Smash Apprentice
No... Im talking about both in the game MGS and reality.... You seriously dont think you could one hit kill someone in MGS with C4?? If it can blow up a wall i think it can go through human flesh... lol .... why are you being so narrow minded
I know that's what you meant. I'm saying the same might not apply to Smash Bros, since it's not as realistic as Metal Gear.

Sanji

Smash Apprentice
Haha yea, so in other words it could be less powerful or more powerful... in other words it could very easily be made into a final smash. A big explosion timed to go off in 10 seconds or sometihng.. that would be cool!

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Nice way to get a quick 6 posts.

Pretty sure it's going to be what everyone says, either a Metal Gear or some type of air to surface missiles.

Top Bottom