• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

snakes final smash?

SolidSnake27

Smash Cadet
I just simply can't understand why people keep saying:

"His FS HAS to be Metal Gear!"

It doesn't make sense!

You can't have Metal Gear REX in the background AND marching around the stage!

If it were a Metal Gear...

1. It couldn't be REX. There was only one REX ever made, and it was in Shadow Moses. It appears in the background of Shadow Moses.

2. It could be a Gekkou. This is very plausible because there are many many many of them. However, they are too commonplace for a FS, imo.

3. It could be a mass-produced model RAY. The RAY in the background of Shadow Moses is the prototype version. There was only one of them made. I believe all of the mass-produced RAYs went down with Arsenal Gear, but I suppose others could have been made.

If RAY were his FS, whatever happened, he could not be in control of it. Snake is never able to control RAY, even in MGS4.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
I honestly would love to see FOXDIE as Snake's Final Smash. That could definitely be epic. Seeing Mario writhe on the ground in pain. How wonderful.

Well, either that or something like this.
I like that idea, don't know how it would be executed though.

Would the nanobots just spread themselves about the arena? Would they be visible?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Holdi it. Metal Gear RAY didn't exist yet in usable form. It was only in the form of blueprints which Ocelot stole somewhere toward the end of MGS1.

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
I just simply can't understand why people keep saying:

"His FS HAS to be Metal Gear!"

It doesn't make sense!

You can't have Metal Gear REX in the background AND marching around the stage!

If it were a Metal Gear...

1. It couldn't be REX. There was only one REX ever made, and it was in Shadow Moses. It appears in the background of Shadow Moses.

2. It could be a Gekkou. This is very plausible because there are many many many of them. However, they are too commonplace for a FS, imo.

3. It could be a mass-produced model RAY. The RAY in the background of Shadow Moses is the prototype version. There was only one of them made. I believe all of the mass-produced RAYs went down with Arsenal Gear, but I suppose others could have been made.

If RAY were his FS, whatever happened, he could not be in control of it. Snake is never able to control RAY, even in MGS4.

Have you ever played smash bros before? you can have 4 marios on the stage at once and no one thinks twice. Theres no reason it couldnt be Rex. It also doesnt matter that he has never controlled it. He could do it for the sake of the move anyway. If it isnt a metal gear, then it will be an alert and soldiers will come blazing into the screen. I still think a Metal Gear unit would be the most logical choice.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well... I will say either Metal Gear REX or M1 tank, although it would be too similar to Fox's Landmaster, but still it's a great idea, as for the Genome soldiers thing I doubt it but it sure sounds cool

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
No guns!! anyway, Snake, being the sneaky guy he is, could... hide under a box, and trip people, onto a mine. idk havent played much MG
It can't be anythink sneaky because that wouldn't be fit to be a final smash. Try thinking of something along the lines of explosive firepower. My second idea is an example. I still go strongly with my second idea.

SolidSnake27

Smash Cadet
His FS could be owning everyone with Special Forces Unit FOXHOUND!

Everyone comes out and does their thing:
Liquid swat down everyone with his chopper.
Ocelot (because we can't use guns) sends an electric current through the ground.
Raven runs everyone over with his tank.
Wolf sends her wolfpack after everyone.
Mantis slams everyone into the ground with telekinesis.
Octopus disguises himself as one of the characters on stage and.... ummmm.... sits in a croner and cries, I guess.....

Or I just like the Liquid idea.

The Hind D appears!

He's... he's taunting Snake!

<"There you are!">

Snake's on the move!

<Snake has to 'dodge' the helicopter and lure the missiles and blades into his opponent. He can't actually get hurt, but the trick is getting your opponents caught in the crossfire.>

Can y... can you make it!?

OmegaXXII

His FS could be owning everyone with Special Forces Unit FOXHOUND!

Everyone comes out and does their thing:
Liquid swat down everyone with his chopper.
Ocelot (because we can't use guns) sends an electric current through the ground.
Raven runs everyone over with his tank.
Wolf sends her wolfpack after everyone.
Mantis slams everyone into the ground with telekinesis.
Octopus disguises himself as one of the characters on stage and.... ummmm.... sits in a croner and cries, I guess.....

Or I just like the Liquid idea.

The Hind D appears!

He's... he's taunting Snake!

<"There you are!">

Snake's on the move!

<Snake has to 'dodge' the helicopter and lure the missiles and blades into his opponent. He can't actually get hurt, but the trick is getting your opponents caught in the crossfire.>

Can y... can you make it!?
hmm. I definetly agree with thr Hind D idea, I also liked the Octupus, but instead of just sitting there he could actually mimic someone and does well some unimaginable I guess

It should just allow him to burn a cigar in their eyes.
god that would be so ****ed uo lol :chuckle:

Gamin Guru

Smash Rookie
the ignorance of Nintendo fans who havent ever even played a single MG astonishes me
Nintendo fans dont know Snake like PS2 fans do and because they dont appreciate the awesomeness that is Snake

you dam noobz Snake destroys Metal Gear thats why he is in Philanthropy.
But he does use Metal Gear Ray in MGS4 against Luquid in Rex.

Since its Nintendo they will probably water it down to Teen rating so little kids dont get scared of VIOLENCE OMG VIOLENCE.

ComradeCanada

Smash Journeyman
Why has no one said Grey Fox?
He could call assistance from Grey Fox.

Also, I like the ideas of the Davey Crocket, Metal Gear Rex, and Sniper Mode.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
the ignorance of Nintendo fans who havent ever even played a single MG astonishes me
Nintendo fans dont know Snake like PS2 fans do and because they dont appreciate the awesomeness that is Snake

you dam noobz Snake destroys Metal Gear thats why he is in Philanthropy.
But he does use Metal Gear Ray in MGS4 against Luquid in Rex.

Since its Nintendo they will probably water it down to Teen rating so little kids dont get scared of VIOLENCE OMG VIOLENCE.
True, but remember, smash is inconsistent with these type of matters. Read the earlier pages for my example.

Ghost07

Smash Journeyman
I Like the Grey Fox idea, he's always been on
of my favorite MGS characters.

What if snake called in a missle assult?

gtkdltk007

Smash Apprentice
No ther characters will be invovled. And since he cant use guns, and the Metal Gears have becomse parts of a stage, that leaves very few things. For one, he could hold dual rocket launchers and run around shooting them. Two, well, can't think of a two. That seems like the best and most logical option.

elwordo310

Smash Cadet
Snake is gona make like a tree...get off the stage and bomb the crap out of every one, unless he decides to snap your neck. It's ether gona be massive or sneaky. while we are on the subject of snake since this is a snake thread (I doubt this will happen but I can be hopeful) an alt costume that turns him into chuck noris. That would be sick

Sailyfee

Smash Apprentice
What I think is, Snake will summon Metal Gear to come to the scene (Like Fox's Landmaster), but then it ends up in front of the WHOLE stage, thus putting Metal Gear's view into 1st person. From there on out you get to use Gatling guns and missiles to bomb your opponents IN first person (Aim for your targets!) by using your Wiimote or controller.

ANBUmax

Smash Cadet
what if he calls in an airstrike
or gets a sniper with one-hit-knockout or massive damage
or he could throw p0rn mags on the ground and if you step on it you stop and Snake slits your throat

OmegaXXII

Why has no one said Grey Fox?
He could call assistance from Grey Fox.

Also, I like the ideas of the Davey Crocket, Metal Gear Rex, and Sniper Mode.
actually that would have been great, better playable, but today he was confirmed to be an Assist Trophy instead, *frowns face* but at least he's in the game, and in the end that all that counts i guess

Gamin Guru

Smash Rookie
True, but remember, smash is inconsistent with these type of matters. Read the earlier pages for my example.
o yeah

a Nuke hitting the entire stage would be nice but quite OP since you cant dodge it

a FS shouldnt be so OP like that at least the others can be dodged (somewhat)

jamesss

Smash Apprentice
I definetly don't think he'll use metal gear for his final smash (because it's already part of a stage and he most likely wouldn't use the enemy for his final he would useing his own skills). I think it'll be very snake like...he'll stun the opponent some how...run over...and simply snap their neck...K.O!

I don't know how this would work for kirby tho...lack of neck and all

elwordo310

Smash Cadet
I think I have an idea of the final smashes and there types, there is objects fall from above or transforming,(fox, bowser) flying around(Diddy,Pikachu, Yoshi, Sonic), Stationary(DK), or attacking from the side(Mario, Samus), and finaly homing attacks (Link, Metaknight) I am thinking he will use some huge missile from the side, or he will summon a metal gear like fox does with his tank but will be similar to bowser. Also consider that Sakurai said that he wanted Snake to use explosives for his attacks instead of guns (cause nintendo doesnt know what a gun looks like)

Seiya

Smash Journeyman
What I think is, Snake will summon Metal Gear to come to the scene (Like Fox's Landmaster), but then it ends up in front of the WHOLE stage, thus putting Metal Gear's view into 1st person. From there on out you get to use Gatling guns and missiles to bomb your opponents IN first person (Aim for your targets!) by using your Wiimote or controller.
I like that idea :D

Apparentlynew

Smash Rookie
Maybe Snake will get to use HF BLade. I'd be interested in a final smash which grants a special ability, like new A moves, rather than predetermined asskickery. I get the impression that other final smashes, if they land, will do fixed damages and there won't be any player involvement once they're initiated. The exception might be Samus, whose FS seems to turn her into Zero Suit Samus. Anyway, I'm rooting for Snake to get the HF Blade.

Wolffe

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't be surprised if it implimented his Stealth cloak thing. It's briefly used in his dynamic entry, and I'm guessing the invisibility cloak item is gonna be cut in Brawl, so seems quite likely to me.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
He turns on his stealth cloak and snaps everyones neck. They don't fly off the screen they just fall down and die, GAME OVER!

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
It'll be C4's. It was in his vid. :/
C4 is one of his special moves.
Anyway for future reference, I think only people who are saavy with the MGS series in general, or at least have played MGS1,MGS2,and MGS3 should post here. It should stop the amount of very wrong theories that wouldn't really fit in Brawl. Then again, we don't know that yet. This is my opinion, so don't take it the wrong way.

gtkdltk007

Smash Apprentice
From a person who has played MEtal Gear before, I know a few things. First, his Final Smash will not be controlling a mEtal Gear becuase all of the major ones appear in the background of the Metal Gear Stage, but
it could happen becuase in MGS4 he takes control of a beaten down Metal GearREX against Liquid Ocelot's Metal Gear RAY,
although I don't see it happening here. He won't lay magazines, or use mines, cuz thats a move of his. He could do something like Diddy Kong, just not flying. Jumping all over the satge with two rocket launchers firing like crazy.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I have another idea for Snake's final smash. Snake takes out a nuclear warhead launcher like the ones The Boss hands over to Volgin in MGS3 and blasts it on a certain part of the stage which you can influence by holding a direction for serious damage. It will have deady range, though. This shouldn't be a problem since he is allowed to use the Nikita and RPG Launcher.
I STILL go with the idea I quoted for reference.
Oh, and yes, I'm savvy with the MGS series.

Top Bottom