• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds to the Future! 3

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
my sheik has degraded severely from lack of play

i dont know if i should drop it completely or keep it in shape

i guess i need it for marth/samus/ganon but when im on my spacies can beat those three so idk

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Sorry Barnes I don't think I have either one. I had just started recording again in the middle of the Moose set. Gotta give my laptop breaks now because it sucks too much to record 10 hours straight.

Scythe

Smash Master
no doubt you are going to have a billion videos to take notes on once all the g2 videos are uploaded.

Dart!

Smash Master
lolll...this games not that easy to quit =DDD......i give you both mayyyybe 2-3 months before your hitting tournies again.

on a side note, how would this be the last Smashing grounds 0_0.....anyone can run them, and to be VERYYY honest, sveet sucks on running tournaments within good time.(30 man tourny doesnt end till 1130 -_- ).
this was a pretty douchy post wayne. pretty douchy indeed. :urg:

ORLY

Smash Master
@frootloop: thanks frank! i was having a fun time playing in my pool. after our set i knew armada was going to take the tournament down.

i'll be back in town on monday so let's gather up and practice this week and be ready for don't blink!

Tink

Smash Hero
roflll...im sorry, i thought we were big boys here 0_0......i aint talking to a little kid, making fun of him loll....im talking to a grown *** man who should be able to take criticism when its needed.

i was very unhappy with how sveet ran tournaments....and "made brackets" that he couldnt explain how it was made 0_0....or announce how many ppl are geting out of pools, just to change it almost every damnnn time -_-.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
That's not really criticism though, that's just blatant insults. Criticism would be telling him what he needs to improve on and how he can improve as a TO, not that he sucks.

Tink

Smash Hero
how is that an insult...do tell 0_0

im saying he doesnt run touranments well? thats not attacking anyhting of his char or person...insult? i think not.

Edit: if we gonna try to tell each other what meaning words have, we can just go to the online dictionary and solve this 0_0.

double edit: sup zwarm...u know english?
-criticism-
the act of passing judgment as to the merits of anything.
the act of passing severe judgment; censure; faultfinding.
the act or art of analyzing and evaluating or judging the quality of a literary or artistic work, musical performance, art exhibit, dramatic production, etc.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I didn't see the edit, the edit was criticism, the other post wasn't, that was just you saying Joe sucks at running tournaments, lol.

Tink

Smash Hero
loll...how is that nottt exactly what that definition says lollll...owend.

this topic shoudlnt even had been rboughten back up, cause theres nothing but love for joe.....hes awesome...i just didnt like the way he handled touranments attt all. dart is an *** for bringing it back up -_-.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Insult: ____ Sucks.
[Constructive] Criticism: ____ could be done better by doing ____.

Criticism alone basically has no meaning beyond pointing out flaws, which is normally a negative. Constructive Criticism is what was taught in schools and is pointing out mistakes kindly and in a way that can help the other person improve. Saying "You suck" is criticism, but not constructive in any possible way and is a flat out insult.

Tink

Smash Hero
then maybe you should go re-read what i wrote? i said you "suck at running tournaments" i didnt say you suck 0_0.

and im confused on how your trying to deny the meaning of criticism, when i put the definition right there for you.
he act of passing judgment as to the merits of anything.
the act of passing severe judgment; censure; faultfinding.
the act or art of analyzing and evaluating or judging the quality of a literary or artistic work, musical performance, art exhibit, dramatic production, etc.

any of these makes sense in context to what im saying 0_0.

*-dictionary.com nyuccas

but whatever...idk why were still talking about this...anyone that went to these tournaments clearly heard my JOhns from all over the room about what was going on, and how i wasnt happy with things. so no johns....i will be happy to get counterpicks back!

Rat

Smash Lord
On criticism it's better to give people a **** sandwich than just say something bad.

Go like:

[Bread] You da best around.
[****] Fix this and this and this. (try to objectify it)
[Bread]You da best at this other thing.

ORLY

Smash Master
semantics and criticism strategies are fun but

who's all going to don't blink on the 30th

i wanna play with you guys

in the pants

.. swag

EDIT: @tink: did that thing with the guy with the car get resolved? i totally forgot about it until just now

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
I think instead of being offended, no matter how bad Tink put out the criticism he should just learn from it. Even though he's not going to run them anymore.

Kyle, we need to do more Mario Bros team!
Next tournament we both are at, we need to bring the Fireballs and Shoruyukens!
Did I spell that right, if so it's only destiny then!

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
semantics and criticism strategies are fun but

who's all going to don't blink on the 30th

i wanna play with you guys

in the pants

.. swag

EDIT: @tink: did that thing with the guy with the car get resolved? i totally forgot about it until just now
In the pants you say???

Kels88

Smash Lord
lmao at this. Sveet you didn't do anything wrong. Tink's just upset that he got ***** by me at all of these.

Even tho i was right there with him *****ing about the bracket i still enjoyed them and i'll miss seeing you at these.

ORLY

Smash Master
ATTN: EVERYONE: Don't Blink, Don't Care 4 is on the 30th. Same venue, free drinks / pizza (seriously, everyone thank Arty for that).

Everyone should go.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
ATTN: EVERYONE: Don't Blink, Don't Care 4 is on the 30th. Same venue, free drinks / pizza (seriously, everyone thank Arty for that).

Everyone should go.
if you guys arent doing anything that day, may i suggest watching the evo tourney. watching daigo owning justin wong is hilarious. plus chexr has a good chance being on livestream, :)

ORLY

Smash Master
firstly: shoryuken**

secondly: @oro: yeah bro i no we shud liek hang and bro out

thirdly: @evo: daigo and jwong aren't even gonna play because there are so many players that whoop their ***** now. also: melee > evo. i mean, go chexr and everything but saturday is ****ing go time

Kels88

Smash Lord
firstly: shoryuken**

secondly: @oro: yeah bro i no we shud liek hang and bro out

thirdly: @evo: daigo and jwong aren't even gonna play because there are so many players that whoop their ***** now. also: melee > evo. i mean, go chexr and everything but saturday is ****ing go time
lmao. I see sheik must put this hyped up falcon back in it's place.

Top Bottom