• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds to the Future! 3

Rat

Smash Lord
uh maybe. 95% i'm getting a ride with tink. (That **** is so in the bag! (seriously the tink-kels-rat+X(Zues/cary/cosmo/???) car has been super solid.))

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
oh I have a secret character that i will be revealing this tournament. I might use this character throughout the entire thing. Seriously this time. No Fox or Falco.
sweet i'll be sure to go

not that your falco scares me

only that stupid ****ing fox

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
@Rat's idea, i'm not sure if its really fair to charge a fee to benefit 2 individuals. I'm more than happy to donate, but i think it should be an individual's decision and not a fee for the tournament.

On that note though, it might be a cool idea to start some sort of traveler's fund for the MW. By charging a $1-10 venue fee at the tournaments, we could have something sorta like the good player fund that waffles has. If people are on-board for this idea, i wouldn't mind using this tournament as the first one and helping out MI with their traveling.

I totally contradicted myself in this post... i think that means i see both sides of the issue lol

Tink

Smash Hero
or your a ****** :p.....i dont like the good player fund :/....i like the saving up said money and putting a pot bonus to attract pros at a big tourny, and this has worked countless times when we have the coasts come steal our money....that way we can get more ppl to travel further when anyone/multiple ppl can get the bonus.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
so do you think it would be better to collect a venue fee and then add pot bonuses a few times a year?

john!

Smash Hero
we could call it the "GREAT player fund" just to stick it to west coast.

i do think pot bonuses would be better at attracting top players though. if i was a top player, i'd go to whichever tourney gave me the biggest pot bonus for winning, minus travel expenses. "good player funds" only allow one pro to go to one tournament every so often.

Rat

Smash Lord
@Rat's idea I'm more than happy to donate, but i think it should be an individual's decision and not a fee for the tournament.
Ok. That sounds fair:

So then introducting the

MI Gas-John Fund!:
Please help MI come to our tournament by donating money for their gas! I figure we could easily raise half their gas costs!

Think of it this way! Juggleguy is super **** at Videos. Sveet it super bad at videos. Which would you rather have our tournament sets be recorded by?

Donations so far....
Rat $10
Sveet $x

Total: $10x
Goal $40?

SNPR

Smash Journeyman
Why don't we just make a donation box next to signups. I won't be able to donate this time though cause ill barely be able to afford going to the tourney.

@yazz, were you talking to me about the ride? You're kinda north of me & the tourney is south of me :/ it would just depend on how much gas $ you can give me. I don't want to come out negative just cause I pick you guys up. Also if you want to play, I'm free tomorrow (Thursday), any time you want to play? Hit me up or text me 1-310-465-8201

ORLY

Smash Master
@Rat.
I could help pay for gas if you give me and my teams partner a lift XD
I'm sure you said it earlier, but what town do you and your partner live in? I might be able to pick you up or suggest a couple people for the task.

Anything to help Michigan!

ORLY

Smash Master
That's only ten minutes out of my way. I think we can make something happen here.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Don't charge any extra venue fee, that's not fair to players who don't care about MI's attendance. Gas isn't as horrible as Rat suggested, since it's ~580 miles round trip and my car can get 30 MPG, so with an average of $3.10/gallon the total is $60. We lost two travelers, so that's essentially $30 that Duck and I are trying to fill. If we could get rid of that burden, or close to it, you can bet your *** we'll be there... meanwhile, we're trying to find a third traveler

Freehaven

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cartographer25
Like I said, I'll be there. And it turns out about 8 other guys are coming with. They're pretty amazing players.

Should be a competitive group at the very least. I'M BRINGING YOU BUSINESS.

Tink

Smash Hero
loll...i like the post+enthusiasm....but if that was sarcastic....u sir suck.

MI, hopefully u guys make ittt!

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Don't charge any extra venue fee, that's not fair to players who don't care about MI's attendance. Gas isn't as horrible as Rat suggested, since it's ~580 miles round trip and my car can get 30 MPG, so with an average of $3.10/gallon the total is $60. We lost two travelers, so that's essentially $30 that Duck and I are trying to fill. If we could get rid of that burden, or close to it, you can bet your *** we'll be there... meanwhile, we're trying to find a third traveler
well between rat and myself you have $20 raised.

Tink

Smash Hero
that is easily one of the more funny parts of the show lolll....cat distress is tooo good!

LSDX

Wah!
Cats kill rats, it's really his weakness. Don't fall for the reverse psychology folks, it's a--

ORLY

Smash Master
Oh s**t, Chexr's coming? This is gonna be a spacies singles bonanza.

It's gonna be nice to be a Marth main at this! ;D

Tink

Smash Hero
=DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.....u know it! tho, we will finallllllly get to see the epic chexr vs dart, that will for sure end with salt in someones mouth!

LSDX

Wah!
At this rate, I'm glad I'm using Marth this time around as opposed to Roy. Maybe I'll actually win more than one match in my pool this time ¬_¬

ORLY

Smash Master
=DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.....u know it! tho, we will finallllllly get to see the epic chexr vs dart, that will for sure end with salt in someones mouth!
I said Marth -main-, Tink. You don't count!

Quaz

Smash Master
Im still coming down for sure =)

bring sync and culvers with me so far. Sanchaz is a maybe (he would kick all your *****). Im trying to get a few others as well. It would be awesome to have a 2nd WI car at this

btw I'd love to pitch in $10 to help out MI for gas.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Im still coming down for sure =)

bring sync and culvers with me so far. Sanchaz is a maybe (he would kick all your *****). Im trying to get a few others as well. It would be awesome to have a 2nd WI car at this

btw I'd love to pitch in $10 to help out MI for gas.
I thought Mundungu was coming?

Top Bottom