• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers' Reunion : Melee Grande - RESULTS THREAD IS UP NOW! (Road to Apex)

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
So this is going to be played with PAL melee?

Sorry if this was already answered, didn't see it asked.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Playing with NTSC here would be as stupid as playing PAL in America. Actually, it would be slightly more stupid since PAL is the newest version (but only slightly =)).

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Well with that many entrants, I assumed a lot of ntsc players would be bringing setups and therefore have this weird mixture of game versions.

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
Worth a thought, but the very most of the setups would be European, and not brought over the Atlantic by plane anyways.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
My honest prediction is that the number of top Americans to ever come to Europe is very few to none. But I hope I'm wrong.

Even if Americans do come, we have enough setups on our own. It's not like the large number of Europeans who have attended American tournaments have brought their PAL versions with them.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Pretty much every top tier character but puff got nerfed in some way in PAL.

Hope hbox makes it to this. :3

Beat!

Smash Master
Request time:

1. Sticky this. Now.
2. I mean NOW.
3. Get Javi here.
4. Get PP here.
5. Get other top level players here.
6. I SAID STICKY THIS NOW!

Also, is the ruleset, or at least the stage list subject to change? I think the standard european ruleset or the MBR recommended ruleset would be better

Tero.

Smash Champion
Is this tournament confirmed?
Also I'm not on the interested list. :'(

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Dat $938 overnight layover plane ticket yo = /

Props to all non-Americans who attended Apex. Our countries depression is killing our pockets ='(

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Glad to see this get stickied. It'll be awesome to see all of europe's top players competing, with people from the u.s. and canada having to go represent. Hopefully they make sure recording the matches is high priority, with at least one livestream.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
Dat $938 overnight layover plane ticket yo = /
Can you (or anyone) link the best site to view the cheapest intl flights? (apologies if this has been said before)
Im checking a few of them (like cheapoair) and only getting stuff above a $k

a bunch of the discounts are under the assumption that I use the ticket before a date like april, or something. . .
Do you think I should hold off looking until the date approaches just a little closer to the event date, so I can start seeing discounts for that time?

I hope that question made sense. . .

EDIT: Can I also get the cost of the train ride from the airport to venue, as well as a rough estimate of how much train and bus fares are in eastern Europe?

I really really want to want to go (not a typo), but there are a bunch of factors that may play that will prevent me from being able to, along with the lack of another incentive to go besides smash and smash players (I feel like there should be one). . . so I cant be anything anywhere close to a confirmee.

If I can find something like a radiohead or a jaga jazzist concert sometime around then. . . it would definitely help things =D

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
if someone makes you a fund they'll help, I've tried my own fund/asking for help before jason it doesnt really happen unless someone is willing to help your cause

you posting continiously on a thread will make you look desperate

to me it feels like "oh I have money, but I'm gonna beg people because im m2k and cause I can. and I cba to travel to Europe on my own pocket"

There were some european smashers who werent even top 10 who still could afford to go Apex without excuses, yet you place top 5 in soooooo many tournaments and apparently cant afford it lol

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
it's actually true, do u know how much 5th gets at nationals? like 200, and they are like twice a year. I really don't have **** and it honestly ALL goes to food + college, and my family is low class. I am not making up the things I say, people seem to think I have money but I really barely just get by and don't spend things for myself for fun, but just to keep living and school, and it's been like this for 6 years.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
yeah and jason poor people still afford flights to apex and genesis 2

without winning any tournaments, without even placing top 10

because they save up

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Also you can try to fly to London or some other place, and then use Ryanair to get to wherever you're actually going in Europe.
I'm serious, if you're lucky you can get flights for 5€, everything included. Except actually getting to the airport, which could cost twice as much as the flight itself =).
Be warned though, you might start to hate this airline only from the annoying homepage, and it gets worse when you actually use them, but if you're poor, they're well worth it =).

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
yeah, looking through ryan, it seems that you have to take very specific flights to get the 9-15 pound rates. . . might not be able to get anywhere close to oslo and save a decent amount of money with it . . . the rates/destinations will def change over time. . . maybe will get lucky

Ill def check throughout the next few months while I weigh everything. . .

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Ryanair usually has dates closest to you strongly increase in price the closer you are (in the order of 100€), dates far away have a pretty stable medium price, and somewhere in the middle, a month or two away, is a price minimum.
At least that's my experience. Haven't had the "luxury" of using Ryanair for a few years now, except for London tomorrow which was 9€ return booked a month before.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Hey, guys!
I've updated the interest list! I am also working on a detailed description how to get there from each and every airport, with an estimate of the traveling costs etc. As for plane-stuff, I bet there are some guys here who know everything about cheap flights :)

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
@Jason : I would very much like to help, but I really won't be able to give you enough money myself for u to come. So you'll have to raise a fund.

As far as I remember, a lot of times we suggested you to come to Europe to play us, and everytime you said no for different (often absurd) reasons.

I remember even once u said : "I'm coming only if we perform a NTSC tournament"

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
how far is Oslo (Rygge) and (Torp)?
Detailed description will be put up tonight.

I think Rygge and Torp is about equal when it comes to distance away from Oslo, and if you arrive at either of these airports, you have to take trains or busses to Oslo S before taking another train to Eidsvoll Verk(Train towards Eidsvoll). I do however believe it's easier and cheaper to get to Oslo S from Rygge. About traveling time, I think it takes like 45 minutes to get to Oslo, and 45 minutes to get to Eidsvoll verk from Oslo. which is a total of 1,5 hours. Expect to pay like 200 NOK in total each way.

The best airport when it comes to distance is Gardermoen, where you can take a 5 minute train to get to Eidsvoll Verk, but Ryanair and other very cheap companies doesn't stop there. Train to Eidsvoll Verk costs ~50 NOK.

Lazh

Smash Rookie
hello put Javi and lazh on the list from Mexico plis :DD and ill try get more people to go :) and if one organizer can add me to facebook for more information....the nick is :Lazh Titino, from mexico...I would appreciate

Top Bottom