• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers' Reunion : Melee Grande - RESULTS THREAD IS UP NOW! (Road to Apex)

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
hello put Javi and lazh on the list from Mexico plis :DD and ill try get more people to go :) and if one organizer can add me to facebook for more information....the nick is :Lazh Titino, from mexico...I would appreciate
You have already added me on facebook, bro :p

Beat!

Smash Master
hello put Javi and lazh on the list from Mexico plis :DD and ill try get more people to go :) and if one organizer can add me to facebook for more information....the nick is :Lazh Titino, from mexico...I would appreciate

hello put Javi and lazh on the list from Mexico plis :DD and ill try get more people to go :)

hello put Javi and lazh on the list from Mexico

put Javi and lazh on the list

Javi and lazh

This tourney is gonna be so ****ing good.

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
Mexicans are highly welcome I can tell you! =) Javi's really made a status in Europe, and I'm sure quite many of us would like him and his countrymen coming.

Pontus

Smash Apprentice
well mew2king, maybe u can make a deal with somebody.

like you'll give him all your price money you win from the tourney + other things like smash lessons i dunno

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Traveling Guide

Price estimations (one way):
SHORT: Oslo(Gardermoen) to Eidsvoll Verk: 56 NOK (5 min)
Oslo(Rygge) to Eidsvoll Verk: 260 NOK (2h 13 min)
Oslo(Torp) to Eidsvoll Verk: 288 NOK (2h 50 min)

When taking trains, always remember to buy the tickets before taking the train. It’s 20 NOK cheaper :)

How to get from Gardermoen to Eidsvoll Verk:
-----------------------------------------------------
You have to take the train towards Eidsvoll. These trains always go precisely xx:00 (when not delayed). Eidsvoll Verk is the first station this train stops at from Gardermoen, so it couldn’t be easier.

How to get from Torp to Eidsvoll Verk:
Each flight got a bus that transports you to Oslo Bus Terminal. These buses are named Torp-Expressen and go 30 minutes after you flight has arrived. You will have to take the bus to Oslo Bus Terminal. This trip takes 2 hours and costs 200 NOK.

When you arrive at the bus terminal, you have to take a 5 minute walk to Oslo S(Oslo Centralstation). When you get there you have to take the train towards Eidsvoll, which go every hour at xx:21 and costs 88 NOK. This trip will take about 50 minutes. You will have to get off at the station after Oslo Airport Gardermoen, which is Eidsvoll Verk.

How to get from Rygge to Eidsvoll Verk:
Get to Rygge Train Station. Buy tickets from Rygge to Eidsvoll Verk.
You will have to get off at Oslo S, which will take like 50 minutes from Rygge.

When you get there you have to take the train towards Eidsvoll, which go every hour at xx:21. This trip will take about 50 minutes. You will have to get off at the station after Oslo Airport Gardermoen, which is Eidsvoll Verk.

--------------------------------------------
How to get to the tournament (location: Letohallen) from Eidsvoll Verk station:

Estimated time: 15 minutes (5 minutes by bus, 10 minutes by foot)
Estimated cost: ~30 NOK (Don’t know exactly what the price is)

Take bus number 817 to Movegen. The bus stops are located right outside Eidsvoll Verk train station, so you’ll find it easily :)

Schedules for bus 817(every hour):
xx:10
xx:40

Schedules (bus 817) from Movegen to Eidsvoll Verk(every hour):
xx:19
xx:53

It will take ~5 minutes to get from Eidsvoll Verk to Movegen. I will try to get a deal with the bus company, so you don’t have to walk from Movegen to Letohallen. But as for now it doesn’t stop directly at Letohallen. The walk shouldn’t take too long, though. I’d say it takes maximum 10 minutes by foot, probably less.

Map from Movegen to Letohallen:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paju

Smash Journeyman
Updated list from Finland:

Confirmed (already bought tickets):
1. Paju
2. NamiNami
3. Novi
4. saska
5. VilNess
6. BürZ
7. Salevits
8. Jekkukissa
9. RTpmwe
10. Väiski

Interested:
1. udikku
2. Samochan
3. bËst
4. MasterTK
5. PeliQ
6. Über
7. Cosmos
8. Pege
9. -LzR-
10. Schwa

pheX

Smash Apprentice
Still extremely hyped but i got a question concerning the Fees. Is it likely that they are going to change? Paying 58,50 Euro for participating at Melee Teams & Singles is a bit much, dont you think? Or is it supposed to be 13 Euro / Team ?
I am willing to pay much for the journey because i really wanna go to norway and i will also pay much for the entrance fee but 60 euro for particpating in a tournament is a bit much, dont you think? Or is it just me? I hope it'll change as soon as many many many people confirm to this awesome tournament.

stelzig

Smash Lord
It's only 58,5 if you don't register online as far as I can tell. 48,5 is still a bit much though, and I do support there being more money in teams.

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace
Updated list from Finland:

Confirmed (already bought tickets):
1. Paju
2. NamiNami
3. Novi
4. saska
5. VilNess
6. BürZ
7. Salevits
8. Jekkukissa
9. RTpmwe
10. Väiski

Interested:
1. udikku
2. Samochan
3. bËst
4. MasterTK
5. PeliQ
6. Über
7. Cosmos
8. Pege
9. -LzR-
10. Schwa
Seems like I'll have to talk to Peki about this.

On the other hand, when is the site supposed to be up?

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Still extremely hyped but i got a question concerning the Fees. Is it likely that they are going to change? Paying 58,50 Euro for participating at Melee Teams & Singles is a bit much, dont you think? Or is it supposed to be 13 Euro / Team ?
I am willing to pay much for the journey because i really wanna go to norway and i will also pay much for the entrance fee but 60 euro for particpating in a tournament is a bit much, dont you think? Or is it just me? I hope it'll change as soon as many many many people confirm to this awesome tournament.
The entrance fee got nothing to do with singles and teams as it's supposed to be used to pay for the financial costs of running the tournament. Running a tournament like this is not free, and I need the entrance fee money to pay for this. Like the venue rent, security, electricity (yes, we have to fix that ourselves), trophies etc. I think it's important for everybody to know that running a tournament like this costs money, and therefore the entrance fee is important.

The money that will be left after paying these things will be put in the pot of singles and teams. But the important difference between the entrance fee and the fees for singles and teams is that the entrance fee is for everything regarding the tournament and organization, and the singles/teams fees are 100% for the prizes.

Entrance ticket ordered online: 28 euros

Singles: 13 euros from each player
Teams: 10 euros from each player
Grand total of singles and teams costs: 23 euros.

Entrance + all tournaments: 51 euros.

These fees will not change. I'm not planning to screw up anything according to the plan, so these things will stay as they are.

On the other hand, when is the site supposed to be up?
I'm, hoping for the online booking deals and everything regarding that to be done by January. So I'd expect to have at least functionality for registering and booking hotel rooms by early February.

Blaaze

Smash Rookie
Could you add Laz0r and me (Blaze) on the interested list ?
We're both from Germany and about to get our plane tickets :)

Gliffie

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1906-3068
Wow, yesterday I was thinking of how sweet it would be to be at a tournament, and I find this! I'm very interested, as it's only a train ride and a half away. I just hope it fits in with the other plans I have for this summer

t3h Icy

Smash Master
lol omg, Smasher's Reunion will be your first tournament!? That's sick! :D

Zoler

Smash Ace
Damn, it looks like it collides with my other plans. :c

That newcomer tournament thing sounds like my kinda thing, but I'm afraid Oslo is a bit far away for 2 weeks notice in a regular school week
Ah, it's saturday / sundary though, unless you have tons of homework I guess. :(

There will surely be more tournaments in Norway, I THINK most of them are around Oslo tho.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
Can you explain what the melee mentor program talks about, zoler?

I cant read it =P

but it STILL looks interesting =D

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Can you explain what the melee mentor program talks about, zoler?

I cant read it =P

but it STILL looks interesting =D
It got nothing to do with this tournament. It's something for another tournament at the end of this month.

ANYWAYS, it's about the old-schools/pros teaching the new-schools in Norway, that are new to the game, how to play. This is to give them an insight into how the game works. There is also a beginners tournament there, where the new guys can play each other with the tournament rules, so they also get to know how the tournaments works.

Stomps

Smash Rookie
Any thoughts in opening donations so some People around the globe (American, South America.. Canada, Japan) can come to this tournament, not only Europe?

I think a bilateral donation could work. I saw M2K saying he wanted to come. I think he could save some money, but we could also open a donation system for players like him to be able to come. Or at least help them.

The earlier the donation system is opened, the more pro players you will be able to fly to Norway.

Also,

I'm interested in comming to the tourny.

Stomps from Catalonia

Paramedic

Smash Rookie
This is going to beeee EPIC!!! Cudos to Tonb3rry, that's some real dedication. I'll definitely be hyped for the streams and/or uploads.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Wow... this looks damn ****ing al;sdkfjasdklfjas awesome amazing wonderful spacious cool stylish comfy OMG.

space for 2500 people omggggggggg LOL so... much... friendlies... can't ... how do I play more friendlies... xD (Meaning, there's 2500 people... HOW CAN I PLAY THEM ALL xDDD )

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Question: is the hotel deal only for 2 nights? Or can we for example arrive on thursday and leave on monday for 800NOK per room per night? And when does the tournament start and end?
I'll put up a schedule soon. As for the hotels I'll talk to the hotel manager about getting the same deal the day before and the day after the tournament, for those who need to stay for a bit longer :)

Edit: Though I'd say it's probably almost 100% likely that he'd be okay with that

Jonas

Smash Champion
Wow... this looks damn ****ing al;sdkfjasdklfjas awesome amazing wonderful spacious cool stylish comfy OMG.

space for 2500 people omggggggggg LOL so... much... friendlies... can't ... how do I play more friendlies... xD (Meaning, there's 2500 people... HOW CAN I PLAY THEM ALL xDDD )
Room for 2500 people does not equate to 2500 people showing up, let alone 2500 Melee players :p

Hax

Smash Champion
if i practice up enough/get a good teammate/find people to fly with i'm coming to this

Top Bottom