• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"SMASHBROS. SANDBAG!" TIME FOR REVENGE!! Confirmed as...Sandbag??? (not playable)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman

Oh you gotta be kidding me...
Probably what you're thinking right now right?
Well let me properly propose this veteran of the series known as Super Smash Bros.

Sandbag has been in the Super Smash Bros. Series since Melee if I'm not mistaking, being not only an item, but also a trophy and Home-Run Target all the way up into Brawl, in which it was no longer just those things, but now a Punching Bag in Numerous SSBB Online Waiting Stages and Practice Mode.
Sandbag is a sole property of only Super Smash Bros., yes created by Masahiro Sakurai himself..

After seeing the amounts of support of him on Miiverse, I began to ponder about something..., what if this time around, Sandbag makes his transition from Item and Punching bag, to a full-on character playable in the next game, pulling a entire 180 on everyone and finally putting away it's passive ways away and fighting back!

Well you may be inquiring, well what can he do to fight back, he's limb-less and a SANDBAG for christ sakes!?
Well I had a few ideas as well as others..

MOVESET
Well with Sandbag being limbless, alot of it's "Smash" (A button) moves will be it just flailing around in specific directions doing solid damaged
As for it's "Specials" (B button) moves, it's Side Special would include it hoovering over the iconic Trophy stand that Sandbag has been on for years and tossing it at other characters, like how characters tossed the Trophy Stands in Emissary mode..

Up Special would include Sandbag leaping and smashing into a Target from the Test Target Mode hitting any foe above it, another ode to a Smash Bros. staple.

Down Special would also include the Trophy stand, but this time Sandbag recreating it's trophy stance and dropping right on it's opponent(s)

Grabbing would be a bit far fetched since again...Sandbag has no Arms or Legs..
Side Grabs would be Sandbag falling or Body slamming into it's foe
Up Grab would just simply throw the opposing up into the air
Down Grab would put the Opponent underneath it and repeatedly stomping and finishing it with a kick (although it has no legs)

For it's Final Smash...well
The Home-Run Bat item, contrary to other's belief is also a Super Smash Bros. property, and is closely related to the Sandbag in Smash's Home-Run Mode, so why not take the same weapon that has brought pain to the Sandbag and return the favor to all who have beaten this lovable guy!

First the Home-Run mode stage would rise from beneath the current stage and who ever is on that platform when it comes up (Yes it is avoidable) will automatically be stuck in Sandbag's Final Smash where it takes the Home-Run Bat in a cinematic cutscene hitting a GRAND SLAM which amounts to 60-80% Damage total.

Although you may not take this serious, Sandbag among all should have it's chance to shine after all these years of abuse it's received, especially becoming the Smash Bros. series first playable representation., and If you remember the drawing Sakurai posted earlier this year to show the start of Smash Bros 4., our little friend is one of the few non-playables that was good enough and loved by Sakurai to be in the illustration...

Could this be a sign? Maybe, Maybe not... Who knows, but as a Veteran of the series, he should definitely have a playable inclusion after years of watching from a distance, and up close, learning combat and how to properly defend yourself, so one day, it could do the same..

Here's an alternative moveset created by someone else:

Cutscene of Sandbag from Little Mac's Reveal Trailer

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
You have clearly put a lot of thought into this. I mean... Wii Fit Trainer made it! So why not Sandbag? I mean sure he doesn't seem like a likely candidate. I would be thrilled to see him as a playable character though. The sheer novelty of it is enough for me. I mean he is pretty iconic to the series. I cant really think of a reason why he isn't a good idea. At the very least they should have him as a boss or something. :wifi:

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
You have clearly put a lot of thought into this. I mean... Wii Fit Trainer made it! So why not Sandbag? I mean sure he doesn't seem like a likely candidate. I would be thrilled to see him as a playable character though. The sheer novelty of it is enough for me. I mean he is pretty iconic to the series. I cant really think of a reason why he isn't a good idea. At the very least they should have him as a boss or something. :wifi:

Yeah any inclusion then it's current status would be fine, If Sandbag was a boss, I would love it just as much as I would if it was character on the roster, him making it is iffy tho.

Also welcome to the site, just saw that you became a member today :]

Chauzu

Smash Ace
I was playing Brawl online today and when thumping Sandbag I was thinking, "he really should be in Sm4sh".

I'm all for this. Could be the first original Smash character represented. Rather him than Master Hand.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I actually found a really old roster of mine from when I was younger and...Sandbag was on it. I think (read: hope) he was a placeholder for a Smash OC, but in all honesty, I wouldn't mind Sandbag at all. :laugh:

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Sandbag lack of hands make it hard for him to be a fighter.
Master Hand lack of body make it hard for him to be a fighter.

So why not make them team up with each other the take on the competition.

I would really like to see Sandbag fighting alongside Masterhand and maybe Crazyhand as one playable character to represnt the smash series.

With Sandbag you will move, jump and be the one to take the damage (remember that he does not mind to be attack) and your goal will be to protect it using the hands to attack, shield and use the items. But I agree that the Final smash should be Sandbag using a baseball bat.

But does that mean that Sandbag will attack another Sandbag in the home-run contest.

Anyway it's probably not going to happen sadly D=

D

Deleted member

Sandbag as a character would be lulz worthy.
And after Wii Fit Trainer, it's pretty much not that out there.

Though I envisioned Sandbag to be a new Joke Character, just a really bad fighter all around on purpose.
Like unable to Shield, Dash (only has one movement speed), Midair Jump (but it's single jump off the ground goes up high), since it can't do those when played as in Melee through AR (but able to attack though, since he'd be completely useless if he can't attack), unable to grab and pick up items because he lacks the limbs to do so, etc.

......once I finish Pac-Man, I'm making a Sandbag moveset next.

Keto

Smash Journeyman
Love the idea. I was thinking Tabuu would be the original character, but this would make more sense.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
This.. is just perfect. he technically is the only smash character that has appeared in a game with a damage meter, so why not just make him playable? I'd like to see what sakuri could come up with for him.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Sandbag lack of hands make it hard for him to be a fighter.
Master Hand lack of body make it hard for him to be a fighter.

So why not make them team up with each other the take on the competition.

I would really like to see Sandbag fighting alongside Masterhand and maybe Crazyhand as one playable character to represnt the smash series.

With Sandbag you will move, jump and be the one to take the damage (remember that he does not mind to be attack) and your goal will be to protect it using the hands to attack, shield and use the items. But I agree that the Final smash should be Sandbag using a baseball bat.

But does that mean that Sandbag will attack another Sandbag in the home-run contest.

Anyway it's probably not going to happen sadly D=

That would make for a cool Boss idea, all along Sandbag was the mastermind behind Master and Crazy Hand :o

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
This is better than most of the other support threads haha

+1

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Hah, he (it?) even has some cosplay!

Seen here: Mr. Sandbag at the crime scene five seconds before Tifa Lockhart's murder.​

If Sandbag was made into the surprise villain for this game's adventure mode, I'd be super happy. Maybe he could only appear when you beat the fake final boss on Hard.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Epic cosplay! Even I'd be up for that.

If Nintendo pulls of an eventual trailer for Sandbag right he'll be the most loved new addition for Sm4sh easily.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I want this. I want it so bad. Sandbag is best character. (And the Koopa shell movement thing is a brilliant touch)

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
I am totally !00% behind Sandbag becoming a playable character. As others have mentioned, I love that you put so much thought and detail into this, even utilizing Smash's items as part of his moveset. Considering he's an original Smash character, that actually makes a lot of sense. Someone needs to forward this over to Sakurai ASAP.

Groose

Smash Champion
Well... erm... indeed...verily, I say... ergo...you see now...

NO.

This would make my day if he made it, but I don't want it to happen.

Zage

Smash Journeyman
He seems fun, it'd be pretty funny to have a character rep the Smash series in Smash bros.

Keto

Smash Journeyman
The more I think about this, the more I NEED him in this game. I will definitely main him if he makes it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
In the end, Sandbag will turn out to be the mastermind and controller of Master Hand and Crazy Hand. Having been seperated from his original, giant body, his soul trapped in a sand filled bag used for a sport in the Smash universe, having retained only his 2 magic powered hands to force numerous heros and villains to fight each other for his amusment until he can regain his former life.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Really, if anybody was going to feasibly rep SSB itself as a player character, Sandbag's the only way to go, because Master/Crazy Hand are too big (and unlike Ridley, they are shown this way repeatedly throughout the games, that's their shtick), and Tabuu... I would venture to say those who like or don't mind him are a minority among players (though I will obviously not going around parading that as fact), as well as the rest of the SSE original-created characters (probably the biggest competition, if anything, is a Primid, using the various different types seen in the SSE for its movesset).

That being said, I could actually see Sakurai doing this, and after reading this thread and the comments, I really hope that he does, or perhaps if they consider DLC and the Sandbag can get enough support and recognition among fans, we'll be seeing our dear Home-runner (At home, actually, since this is its game) after release.

D

Deleted member

Adding robotic limbs to Sandbag takes away from what makes Sandbag Sandbag.
Moai didn't need arms and legs to kick ass in DreamMix TV World Fighters, and he's just an Eastern Island statue.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
why didn't that game go worldwide? i wanna beat down solid snake and bomberman as barbie.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
To keep the support going I really want to add the Miiverse drawings that influenced this very thread, they may not be all of them, but are some of the main one's I "yeahed", feel free to add any that pertain to Sandbag as well, even your own, because I'm planning of drawing myself on Miiverse eventually..

Jay (N64_Hero_88)

SGLuigi (ShyGuyLuigi)

Prof (profhazard)

Brian (gatekid3)

Romanator (dogmaster)

Keat (Drakkose)

EdMike (EdMike)

Keto

Smash Journeyman
I can see it now. First time playing the Home-run Contest in SSB4, you pick your favorite character and start the contest. Bringing Sandbag's percentage as high as you can in 10 seconds. The timer is running low, so you grab the baseball bat to give him an epic swing. You hear the harsh sound-effect of the baseball bat cut short because the Sandbag somehow retaliated with it's own baseball bat, clashing both baseball bats together. While you're confused and trying to process what just happened, you see an epic cut scene of Sandbag moving on its own with the words "Challenger Approaching".

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Interesting.... I would play as him! Well, I can see a boss sandbag...

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
To keep the support going I really want to add the Miiverse drawings that influenced this very thread, feel free to add any that pertain to Sandbag as well, even your own, because I'm planning of drawing myself on Miiverse eventually..

After forever, I've finally gotten to actually get on Miiverse and draw my own Sandbag art, already has 7 yeahs in like 5 minutes, isn't the (or my) best, but I had fun drawing it, so here it is..

VictoryIsMudkipz

and oh btw.. *bump*
Keep the Thread and the Dream alive! Sandbag for Smash Bros.!!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Wow... Congratulations! You just convinced me that freaking SANDBAG could be a character! XD

I would only change his Forward Air for a super sandbag headbutt of doom! (But I get the idea is to represent as much items as possible)

What about the following items?

Lip's stick (another good replacement for Fair)
Bumper (replacing Forward Special since he already has a hammer as his final smash, no?)

Just a few suggestion tweaks, but looks awesome! :D

Can't believe you made a character with NO LIMBS playably plausible.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I feel like smash is becoming large enough to justify them a fighter whether it is a primid or sandbag or something else, it would definitely be cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom