• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"SMASHBROS. SANDBAG!" TIME FOR REVENGE!! Confirmed as...Sandbag??? (not playable)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Wow... Congratulations! You just convinced me that freaking SANDBAG could be a character! XD

I would only change his Forward Air for a super sandbag headbutt of doom! (But I get the idea is to represent as much items as possible)

What about the following items?

Lip's stick (another good replacement for Fair)
Bumper (replacing Forward Special since he already has a hammer as his final smash, no?)

Just a few suggestion tweaks, but looks awesome! :D

Can't believe you made a character with NO LIMBS playably plausible.

I think if Sakurai incorporated more Super Smash Bros. items into Sandbag's moveset, people would appreciate the character alot more I believe, but it would become broken competitively after a while .
As for the Bumper, I think it would be a good Down Special instead of forward, with it being like Fox/Wolf's Reflector in my opinion

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
after reading over this thread, I feel bad for Sandbag's sandbagging in the RTC. I think Groose made the right decision, but I wish others could see how awesome he could be. He actually seems like the type of viable weird character that Sakurai would include because no one would expect it. I would hope he retains no arms and use telekinesis to pick up stuff and throw. I imagine the Master Hand would use his magic like in the original Smash Bros to make him able to attack and turn him into one of his minions.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
My idea for the Sanbdag was to incorporate a miniature version of Master and Crazy hand... BUT I admit I like TC idea better.
Besides it would look akward if Sandbag + Hands would face Master Hand.
Better to have standalone Sandbag.

BTW, would his stage be Home Run Contest Stadium? Either a ridiculously large stage with no pitfalls, or just the platform where you hit the Sandbag (barrier included).

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
My idea for the Sanbdag was to incorporate a miniature version of Master and Crazy hand... BUT I admit I like TC idea better.
Besides it would look akward if Sandbag + Hands would face Master Hand.
Better to have standalone Sandbag.

BTW, would his stage be Home Run Contest Stadium? Either a ridiculously large stage with no pitfalls, or just the platform where you hit the Sandbag (barrier included).
In my opinion he would have two stages (outside of the pre-existing Final Destination and Battlefield stages since they are Super Smash Bros properties, but his own specific stages would be the Home Run Contest stage (just a bit larger), and the Online Lobby from Brawl where infinite Sandbags would drop and get beaten on until the match started

Player -0

Smash Hero
This would be super cool/funny... I kinda doubt it would happen but if I saw him as a playable character I wouldn't be angry.
I kinda don't like the idea of him using items for his attacks. If anything I would want to see what Sakurai comes up with.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
The best way I can think of having Sandbag as playable outside of obvious joke character status was if he was part of a magic character's Final Smash;

Kamek/Ashley/Some other magic user transforms everyone caught in the magic attack into Sandbags. They can move and jump a bit, albeit their mobility is greatly lowered making for easy KOs.

You've got some really interesting ideas in here, but I'm really not sure if something that can't pick up objects can really be in Smash as playable. The floating bat is a little too odd, and reminds me of the uncomfortable feeling Goomba in Super Sluggers gave me. It just feels...odd.

Not here to discourage, I can get over him sliding across the floor, even being able to jump, it's just...he can't hold a Pokeball or a Baseball bat. That seems more crippling than not having any legs for mobility.

Player -0

Smash Hero
The best way I can think of having Sandbag as playable outside of obvious joke character status was if he was part of a magic character's Final Smash;

Kamek/Ashley/Some other magic user transforms everyone caught in the magic attack into Sandbags. They can move and jump a bit, albeit their mobility is greatly lowered making for easy KOs.

You've got some really interesting ideas in here, but I'm really not sure if something that can't pick up objects can really be in Smash as playable. The floating bat is a little too odd, and reminds me of the uncomfortable feeling Goomba in Super Sluggers gave me. It just feels...odd.

Not here to discourage, I can get over him sliding across the floor, even being able to jump, it's just...he can't hold a Pokeball or a Baseball bat. That seems more crippling than not having any legs for mobility.
Lol, give Sandbag a mini Master Hand and Crazy Hand

Player -0

Smash Hero
If they do this; as weird as it sounds, I guess I'd be more onboard. That'd be weird too. Almost a Smash Bros. character made from parts of all the others, but I guess it'd rep Smash Bros. fine.
Eh, Shouldn't give sandbag too many limbs, keep it as minimalistic as possible because too much wouldn't fit the character, in my opinion anyway. It would help with Sandbag's special attacks though as Master and Crazy hand already have special moves, just change the mechanic a bit and sandbag is set to home run himself :troll:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
why do you guys complain about sandbag holding things? DO YOU REMEMBER GOOMBA PLAYING BASEBALL?

look ma, no hands

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
why do you guys complain about sandbag holding things? DO YOU REMEMBER GOOMBA PLAYING BASEBALL?

look ma, no hands
Why, yes. Yes I do:

^ See?

Unfortunately it doesn't stop either Goomba or Sandbag from looking really ridiculous 'holding' objects. At the very least Goomba could have held the bat in his mouth.

Maybe if Sandbag could use magic or telekinesis though...

Groose

Smash Champion
after reading over this thread, I feel bad for Sandbag's sandbagging in the RTC. I think Groose made the right decision, but I wish others could see how awesome he could be. He actually seems like the type of viable weird character that Sakurai would include because no one would expect it. I would hope he retains no arms and use telekinesis to pick up stuff and throw. I imagine the Master Hand would use his magic like in the original Smash Bros to make him able to attack and turn him into one of his minions.

As I said then, I'd personally be open to Sandbag. He'd make a hilarious addition, and there are ways of making him somewhat cool. I'd much, much, much rather see him than, say, Reggie. I can't truly support him because there are just so many other characters that should be considered for the limited slots that are available, but I definitely wouldn't be joining the angry mob that would assemble at Nintendo HQ.

However, the majority of the community sees Sandbag getting in as an outrage. Sandbag over Isaac? OH MY GOSH GRAB YOUR PITCHFORKS! WE'RE HUNTING SAKURAI TONIGHT!

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
As I said then, I'd personally be open to Sandbag. He'd make a hilarious addition, and there are ways of making him somewhat cool. I'd much, much, much rather see him than, say, Reggie. I can't truly support him because there are just so many other characters that should be considered for the limited slots that are available, but I definitely wouldn't be joining the angry mob that would assemble at Nintendo HQ.

However, the majority of the community sees Sandbag getting in as an outrage. Sandbag over Isaac? OH MY GOSH GRAB YOUR PITCHFORKS! WE'RE HUNTING SAKURAI TONIGHT!
Well, I doubt Sandbag would actually take much development time.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
If you look back at Melee with Mewtwo, it never held items, it used telekinesis/psychic which is basically what should be implemented into Sandbag, I mean it has to be magic, it's immortal and a FRICKIN' ALIVE SANDBAG, it's only logical lol..

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
If you look back at Melee with Mewtwo, it never held items, it used telekinesis/psychic which is basically what should be implemented into Sandbag, I mean it has to be magic, it's immortal and a FRICKIN' ALIVE SANDBAG, it's only logical lol..
Why do I have a feeling that Sandbag has a really depressing backstory? Was he another rep that was cursed? Sakurai; I know you said you'd not do any SSE style videos in Smash 4, but the come on. Just a one off please.

Who'd you guys think he was?

(My money's on Geno)

Keto

Smash Journeyman
Haters will hate. I love the fact that Sandbag is last in RTC. Makes it more interesting if he makes it.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Oh, my god. You just discovered the biggest secret of Smash: Crazy Hand and Master Hand are really Sandbag's hands.
So does that mean that, when Sandbag fights Master Hand and Crazy Hand, they're really his hands, but giant, and sentient, and trying to squeeze him to death?

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
So does that mean that, when Sandbag fights Master Hand and Crazy Hand, they're really his hands, but giant, and sentient, and trying to squeeze him to death?
No, it means Sandbag is still controlling them. Don't forget that he likes to get hit.

And it means that when you beat on sandbag, he's really training you to fight his hands.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
'Floating' items would be pretty cool and even if he was given master/crazy hand I guess his final smash would be called 'final destination' (With either master hand or crazy hand appearing depending on the Sandbag's damage.)

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Good to see so much support :')
A sandbag x metal mario x ancient minister will be so freaking cool, Yes pls.

Keto

Smash Journeyman
Sandbag hasn't been shown as an item in any photo/video so far correct? He still has a shot and I genuinely believe he has a chance.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad people still show support for really a big underdog in the Smash Bros. Community, Sandbag is a staple in the franchise for better or worst, and should have a bigger role than just that, a Sandbag...
I really enjoy alot of the Sandbag mods in Smash Bros hacks online

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One idea I had was in whatever story mode Smash 4 has if you beat the Master and Crazy hand on Hard mode without continuing a scene plays where the Sandbag suddenly appears and takes the power of the hands, using them like Rayman limbs. After defeating him he shrinks and is unlocked as a character.

Just a dumb idea really.

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
After discovering this thread, I'm contemplating whether Shulk is still the character I want the most.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ummm I got some goodness and some bad news

The good news is little mac got confirmed yesterday as playable

The bad news in his trailer he punched the sandbag we hope for so its looking grim for this sandbag of being playable

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I thought it would have been great had that intro trailer been for Sandbag and not Little Mac. When the bag got punched and flew up, I was waiting for the freeze frame thing to happen. That would have been the best troll ever.

Keto

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to be stubborn and in denial by saying Sandbag's chances haven't been hindered by the Little Mac promo.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman

>_< Why Mac, why'd it have to be you...

*sighs*
Ok so Sandbag is confirmed...kinda lol
There still may be hope, but with the new Home Run Bat model, and our poor friend continuously being abused, now in the new game it's looking gloom, but not all hope is lost

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
@ Mega Bidoof Mega Bidoof I'm very particular with the threads I make and the characters I support, so you'd have to really persuade me to relieve this thread to you, plus I won't just give it away, I may exchange this thread for another..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom