• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Votes

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
We have been given a great opportunity.
The chance, for once, to dictate, in part, who we will play as, in our beloved franchise.

Many have entered the realm of possiblity, but now, in mass amounts, we have been given a ticket, a ticket to speak to Sakurai.
Who is it you want to vote for, or did vote for, and, do you think, mayhaps, we have a voice in collecting our opinions, selecting similar fighters, and making campaigns for single characters every few months?

I'd like this thread to serve as a resource for future voters, those just perusing Smash Boards, or others, to collectively have an idea of who would be a great candidate to vote for.

All things voting Smash may be posted here. I'd like to have a quick write up about some of the more popular contenders in this first post, so if you have a great argument for anyone, please post it here and I will update regularly.

If you have not voted, here is the link
https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/
But be warned, you only get to once per device.

Last edited:

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
I voted three times. Once for Roy, once for Toon Ganondorf, and once for Ridley. I feel dirty for doing so.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I voted three times. Once for Roy, once for Toon Ganondorf, and once for Ridley. I feel dirty for doing so.
Let me guess: Laptop, cellphone, and touch pad votes? I'm planning on doing the same thing by the way.

AgentHX

Smash Cadet
NNID
HotShotHunter
I voted for Ridley, of course. Space Pirates never die. Here's what I had to say about him.

"Ridley has been Samus Aran's arch-nemesis since Super Metroid on the SNES. With amazing strength, intelligence, speed, and other natural abilities, Ridley is a consistently formidable opponent for Samus. Ridley is without a doubt the most iconic Metroid character after Samus herself, and would represent the scarier side of Metroid that Samus fails to represent on her own. With his importance to Nintendo's history, vast moveset potential, and appealing design (what kid wouldn't want to play as the dragon?), Ridley would be an amazing playable fighter in Super Smash Bros."

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
If anyone has any write ups for WHY characters are more deserving, I'd love to put them in the front of this thread in a special section.

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
I dont know who to vote.

I rather give my vote to someone worthy that has more chances to get in.

Pitch me your ideas and reasons :>

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I dont know who to vote.

I rather give my vote to someone worthy.

Pitch me your ideas and reasons :>
That is my hope for this thread.
I personally want so many characters it is hard to pinpoint;
K Rool, Captain Toad, Dixie, Isaac, Lip, Chibi Robo, Bomberman, Chorus Kids, are ear the top, though.

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
King K rool sounds plausible. I'll be lurking this thread to come with a decision later on (inb4 this is a nintendo april fools joke)

Also someone mentioned another metroid newcomer.

We have an array of characters from the DS game, and corruption.

Wonder if Rundas would be considered.

Last edited:

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
The chance, for once, to dictate, in part, who we will play as, in our beloved franchise.

Many have entered the realm of possiblity, but now, in mass amounts, we have been given a ticket, a ticket to speak to Sakurai.
Who is it you want to vote for, or did vote for, and, do you think, mayhaps, we have a voice in collecting our opinions, selecting similar fighters, and making campaigns for single characters every few months?
I'd like this thread to serve as a resource for future voters, those just perusing Smash Boards, or others, to collectively have an idea of who would be a great candidate to vote for.

All things voting Smash may be posted here. I'd like to have a quick write up about some of the more popular contenders in this first post, so if you have a great argument for anyone, please post it here and I will update regularly.

If you have not voted, here is the link
https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/
I voted for paper mario and bandana dee on my kindle fire im using to type this. does it just not show to sakurai ? it says "Please limit your vote to one per person." please not forcing

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I voted for paper mario and bandana dee on my kindle fire im using to type this. does it just not show to sakurai ? it says "Please limit your vote to one per person." please not forcing
Does that mean one character? I think it means voting only one time, as in, not on multiple devices.

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
Does that mean one character? I think it means voting only one time, as in, not on multiple devices.
Pretty sure they are logging the IP with the vote.

In theory, you could vote many times using a device with a different IP each time.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I hope this doesn't give Roy an edge...

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
No I voted on one device and voted for Bandana Waddle Dee, Paper Mario, and now Captain Toad. I plan on voting for Krool, Dixie and other characters I like. But since I dont wanna be an a** im only voting for each once ( if I remember which I voted for :p ) I think it's asinine making 9999 votes for goku or spongebob just to clutter sakurai with bs and blocking other requests.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
All I know is I want a NEW character. I don't want an alternate skin, I don't want a previously existing clone, but someone new.

I think my top ones so far are:
K Rool
Dixie
Rayman

I don't think I'm going to vote for any 3rd party, because they're less likely.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
I voted for Shantae via laptop. Because:
1. Excruciating potential - so much so, it could make a player sick
2. The one indie character, if any, that deserves a chance based on their history with Nintendo
3. YOLO vote

CadePirate

Smash Apprentice
I voted for Shantae via laptop. Because:
1. Excruciating potential - so much so, it could make a player sick
2. The one indie character, if any, that deserves a chance based on their history with Nintendo
3. YOLO vote
I'm considering Shovel Knight......

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I voted for Pokemon Trainer/squirtle. Yeah we have 6 poke reps already but I don't really care about that. The character is a unique fighter with a fun play style that I genuinely miss. While I'd love to see a new fighter like Dixie or the Inkling join, I want to have my main back first.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I voted for Pokemon Trainer/squirtle. Yeah we have 6 poke reps already but I don't really care about that. The character is a unique fighter with a fun play style that I genuinely miss. While I'd love to see a new fighter like Dixie or the Inkling join, I want to have my main back first.
I would love for Pokemon Trainer to come back.
Give him a new moveset to focus on using his Pokeballs (which could be summons, sre, but would be interesting to see as a means to 'catch' opponents in different ways). I'd be floored to see this.

He is the most glaring missing vet in my opinion, because he was the essence of Pokemon.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I only voted for one character, and that's Rayman.

He's iconic, has potential for a great moveset, already has 3 trophies, and has been getting a ton of supporters.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I'm not making any more bets after my track record, but I still say Ridley has no-- you know what, never mind. I'm just gonna shut up.

Maybe when I say something can't happen, that makes it happen.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm not making any more bets after my track record, but I still say Ridley has no-- you know what, never mind. I'm just gonna shut up.

Maybe when I say something can't happen, that makes it happen.
Does that mean you wouldn't want Ridley?

I think that this voting may explain why some characters were removed as Assist Trophies honestly.
And also may show us why other characters were not included.

I don't believe being in the game means a character has no shot... but I certainly don't think some characters who are currently represented via AT should be in the game as playable characters.

Quillion

Smash Hero
I voted for Sword Ganondorf.

Because I think the Smash team will do anything if they request it enough.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
I submitted a pitch for Abraham Lincoln from Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. The way I figure, he could use his physical strength alongside the steam-powered gadgets and weapons featured in the game, which would result in a rather unique moveset. Besides that, he is a famous and recognizable character who simultaneously represents a brand-new Nintendo IP (which is good to give modern Nintendo more representation on the roster as well as promoting that character's series). I don't think he'll be getting requested much, but I think I make a pretty decent argument as to why he should be included, so hopefully they will see my submission and take notice of the idea. If any of you are fellow supporters of the character, feel free to use the same pitch that I submitted earlier either as it is or as a basis for your own unique pitch:

Now that President Lincoln and his strike team have eliminated the alien menace, he is ready to take on his next challenge. Armed with his pro wrestling skills, steam-powered equipment borrowed from his teammates, and even his A.B.E. robot, Honest Abe is prepared to take down any foe that stands in the way of him or freedom! With his unique flair and combat style, not to mention his enduring popularity across all forms of media in the West and beyond, Lincoln truly deserves to join the battle.​

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
That might not be true. PAL region has a slightly different survey with 2 extra questions (nickname and age), so the answers will presumably be stored separately from America's. Which should mean (i'm not really an internet expert) that the IPs would be stored separately. Meaning that, theoretically, we should have 2 (maybe 3 if you can speak Japanese) votes.

Although it may be best to vote for the same character twice in case I am wrong about this.
Link to PAL ballot: http://cp.nintendo.co.jp/en-au/

Last edited:

louie g

Smash Journeyman
Haven't seen anyone post a reason why they want rayman, so I'll lay down how I see it.

First of all, we got too many serious toned characters, aight? Even Mario himself is super serious, all mean looks and no charm, bring in rayman over 'ere, and he's flowing with personality! His cartoony vibe would definitely lighten the mood of any fight I'd think.

Secondly, take a look at this:

Bam, Half of rayman's moveset, right there. Toss in some balances, have him throw his fist around like in rayman 1, and we got ourselves a character ladies and gentlemen.

The way I see rayman is, his greatest strength is his weakness: lack of limbs. He weighs less, but has more range with his punches/grabs etc. Many of his moves should have lots of windup too, not only for balancing, but in tribute to how he actually fights in his games, charging moves.

EDIT: wow lol, the video didn't show off many moves other than punches and a couple of aerials. Hope my analysis still stands.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I realized that I enjoy so many people voting.
I don't agree with all the choices, but I'm damned proud of the ability to choose.

...Perhaps, this being the first time I have felt this way, makes me a bad American.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Bandana Waddle Dee

Bandana Dee is one of my most wanted characters for Smash Brothers DLC. He has a quite a few things going for him over other requested characters.

1. He is Relevant: Bandana Dee first appeared in Kirby Super Star for the SNES, he was the first opponent you fought against in Megaton Punch. His first major appearance came in the remake of Kirby Super Star, called Kirby Super Star Ultra for the Nintendo DS. He was in the new mode, Revenge of the King seen talking to King Dedede and being his right hand man. His next major appearance was in Kirby's Return to Dreamland where he came a playable character who used the new spear copy ability. The newest game he appears in is Kirby and the Rainbow Curse which he is exclusively the co-op character with King Dedede and Meta Knight shown nowhere in sight. He is relevant and people who own the newer Kirby games would recognize him.

2. His moveset Potential: Unlike anyone else on the roster, he uses a spear. His spear has major range, can be thrown, and can be used like a helicopter to fly. That moveset is perfect for Smash brothers, and you can incorporate other moves that involve the parasol or other enemies into his moveset.

Shovel Knight
Shovel Knight has perfect moveset potential with all of the sub-weapons from the game he has at his disposal. Propellar Daggar can be used as his fair and bair as a air dash to get around the map quickly. His moveset just screams smash bros and he would just fit right in. I mean look at this art!

Wonder Red
Wonderful 101 is by far in the top 5 games on the Wii U for me. If not at the top of that list. He can use the Unite Morphs in miniature sizes to deal major damage, but also keep that flair of awesomeness. I would love to see him make his way into smash. And he also has a trophy to base his model around!

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Here is my explanation for toad/captain toad.
Toad has been a Mario staple for most of the series's history. He is one of the most Iconic video game characters in existence, and is recognizable by many non-gamers, not to mention very popular among gamers. He is a true nintendo all-star, and deseves to be in smash, either as classic or Captain Toad. Recent games like Captain Toad and 3d World have helped Toad come into his own and prove his worth, and now one of the last true all-stars should arrive in smash.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
Here is my explanation for toad/captain toad.
Toad has been a Mario staple for most of the series's history. He is one of the most Iconic video game characters in existence, and is recognizable by many non-gamers, not to mention very popular among gamers. He is a true nintendo all-star, and deseves to be in smash, either as classic or Captain Toad. Recent games like Captain Toad and 3d World have helped Toad come into his own and prove his worth, and now one of the last true all-stars should arrive in smash.
I too second the support and inclusion of Toad - whether it be classic Toad himself or Captain Toad.

Toad has truly proven to become an important character and species within the Mario series as of late. Additionally, Captain Toad's charm is incredibly alluring and gives me a great sense of ideas in regards to the fun gameplay he could offer with his wacky and awkward personality.

Regardless of bias, Toad is a character I've grown to love throughout the many Super Mario games I've played. I still would love to have my four character battle between Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad (the cast of SMB2 and SM3DW). As for jumps, honestly - just give Captain Toad some note blocks to bounce off of, ladders that appear out of nowhere, or even a weight changing mechanic based off reducing his backpack load.

Let's go Toad! Give it your best!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It seems every single country has its own voting page.

EDIT: Yep, every country has a different one. They are definitely planning to publish the results later on.
Going to vote on the Russian page, 'cuz why not.

:231:

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Bandana Waddle Dee. He's officially the 4th main character in the franchise, has been very prominent and relevant in all recent games while still appearing as far back as KSS on the SNES. He's got a unique weapon with a reach and direction that's got potential. He's already designed almost like a smash character since he's a Kirby character. He's already got a moveset the Smash Team can pull from. He's got a perfect recovery move already designed for him with spearcopter. Modern Kirby representation in smash is non existent. Sakurai mostly just nods to his own Kirby creations but Bandana Dee actually is a more modern relevant character and it'd be nice to see him acknowledge something from the last 12 years that appears in the new Kirby games besides just a final smash for Kirby and well... nothing else ever. Imagine if Mario representation in Smash never included modern stages like Galaxy or characters like Rosalina.... just all stuff from SNES and before! It'd be outrageous! Well that's what it's like to be a Kirby fan and only see stages and trophies for dreamland, KSS, and Adventure for the last two smash games while Kirby continues to make new titles and barely any acknowledgement for them. Bandana Dee would be welcoming, diversify the roster with a new weapon type, finally represent modern Kirby a bit more while still being long prominent character for awhile now.

some of his moves can be seen in this vid. They can be vastly elaborated on but a basic foundation is there

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
I dunno why people bother at this point.
We all know the top votes are King K Rool, Dixie, Isaac, Ridley, Toad, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Snake and Roy.

Everything else is just useless votes at this point. Requesting obscure/characters no one cares for or silly 3rd parties like more somic/mega man/Pac man characters and even worse non video game characters.

I threw in a request for Medusa but I sure as hell know she will never make it in :(

Top Bottom