• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Votes

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I dunno why people bother at this point.
We all know the top votes are King K Rool, Dixie, Isaac, Ridley, Toad, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Snake and Roy.

Everything else is just useless votes at this point. Requesting obscure/characters no one cares for or silly 3rd parties like more somic/mega man/Pac man characters and even worse non video game characters.

I threw in a request for Medusa but I sure as hell know she will never make it in :(
Sakurai listened to one guy who suggested Mr. Game and Watch from the Smash 2 poll. You never know. Even if it doesn't come true with DLC, you might inspire him for the next game...if he sticks around.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I dunno why people bother at this point.
We all know the top votes are King K Rool, Dixie, Isaac, Ridley, Toad, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Snake and Roy.

Everything else is just useless votes at this point. Requesting obscure/characters no one cares for or silly 3rd parties like more somic/mega man/Pac man characters and even worse non video game characters.

I threw in a request for Medusa but I sure as hell know she will never make it in :(
Same, I decided to vote for Medusa and Cia like my girlfriend even though both characters have a snowball's chance in hell. Also Daisy and Captain Toad despite the many people saying that Mario has enough characters.

Altea77

Smash Apprentice
So what exactly happens if you vote twice on the same device? Do your votes not go through or something?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm going to write in the main post "why it is important to vote" (courtesy of @ PushDustIn PushDustIn ) and "ways to make your vote matter more of a few here, such as voting in multiple languages, and gathering factions.

I wonder, if a really unique character idea is written in the 500 character space, if it would be implemented.
Can you imagine if you, anyone, unintentionally did, in fact, create a smash character?

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Well the thing says "Pick a video game character" and "What game are they from" so I assume you have to suggest a pre existing character. So far I'm leaning towards King K Rool. Just because he's the character I remember most as a kid. I know Vaanrose will hate me lol. But Dixie is cool too. And more important...but I don't like her, so I'm going with K Rool so far lol.

I dunno though, I think there's more options, we're all just thinking in too much of a closed box.

But I think a REALLY cool character would be a different version of Pokemon trainer.

His smash attacks would just be him attacking. But each special would summon a different pokemon. His grab would be jamming the opponent into the pokeball and shooting them out lol.

Or how about Professor Oak? He uses the pokeballs to fight. haha.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I went with Fiora of Xenoblade Chronicles in the end as I am sort of interested to see what Nintendo could do with her.

My other choices were Isaac of Golden Sun, Mach Rider, Chorus Kids and Roy/Chrom.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
My vote was Wolf. :wolf:

He gets in and I get completely satisfied with the roster. Anyone else is icing in the very delicious cake.

I'll be sure to get all the characters. Smash 4 is paving the way to indeed become, as Sakurai described, the "best character game".

This voting is the golden opportunity for the fans to have their voices heard. Hopefully, this roster becomes larger and reaches out to even more different players with varying tastes.

Last edited:

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
So apparently, the Japanese voting page has more fields.

I wonder what are those fields.

Also, people are voting a lot for shovel knight too :p

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Well the thing says "Pick a video game character" and "What game are they from" so I assume you have to suggest a pre existing character. So far I'm leaning towards King K Rool. Just because he's the character I remember most as a kid. I know Vaanrose will hate me lol. But Dixie is cool too. And more important...but I don't like her, so I'm going with K Rool so far lol.

I dunno though, I think there's more options, we're all just thinking in too much of a closed box.

But I think a REALLY cool character would be a different version of Pokemon trainer.

His smash attacks would just be him attacking. But each special would summon a different pokemon. His grab would be jamming the opponent into the pokeball and shooting them out lol.

Or how about Professor Oak? He uses the pokeballs to fight. haha.
Pokemon Trainer is the character I suggested.
I think he is the biggest absence from the roster- more so than Ridley, Toad, Dixie, K Rool, combined.
To me, Pokemon, the second biggest franchise in Gaming, is poorly represented, and the entire foundation of what the series was founded on is in lackluster portrayal via Smash Bros. The pioneer avatar character, in a roster which has so many of similar suit, was removed.

Thus, while I try not to bind my acceptance with the inclusion of his character, I find myself incapable of viewing the given selection with as much praise as I once found it on a certain reveal date for Brawl back in 2007.
The shock and astound that Sakurai had gotten so much correct with one highly needed but unanticipated character will leave me feeling that he can do better, until he corrects and strengthens the present state of the dearest Pocket Monsters.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So apparently, the Japanese voting page has more fields.

I wonder what are those fields.

Also, people are voting a lot for shovel knight too :p
The European voting pages also have more fields.

In both cases, they ask for a username and age.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Bump~
I would be down for PKMN Trainer frankly. Wolf also gets my support. However, it was Sceptile that I voted for the Smash Ballot. I planned to make a huge glorious and justified post for Sceptile, but all I was able to submit to the Ballot was this:
To complete the Type Trio Trinity that Brawl created with Pokémon Trainer. Sceptile would be Ivysaur's spiritual successor in Smash 4 & to help better marketing sales for Pokémon games & merchandise. He could be a bipedal agile character capable of clinging & jumping off walls while using his claws, leaf blades on his arms, his palm tree tail, & the seeds on his back for item-play to deal damage to foes or heal allies in Team Smash in his move-set. Since he's a grass type, he could have a mechanic revolving around healing himself as he deals damage to others, or storing it for a strong attack.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
If anyone has any write ups for WHY characters are more deserving, I'd love to put them in the front of this thread in a special section.
Better not, this ballot is the reason why the Smash fanbase has become more broken these days, everyone's supporting their character, saying they deserve more, and bashing other characters.

---

As for the ballot, I voted for Wolf, ofc. 3 times.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
If anyone has any write ups for WHY characters are more deserving, I'd love to put them in the front of this thread in a special section.
Here's mine!

Out of all the females currently in Smash, none of them are as feisty and obnoxious as the Princess of Sarasaland herself! In the games that she has appeared in, she is always loud and brash and generally in your face, making her a joy to play as you crush your enemies in the various sports games.

However, she isn't called "Daisy" for nothin'! She has shown to possess the ability to manipulate flowers and greeny in some games she's been in, which hasn't really been represented in Smash Bros. yet. This with her agility can make for a unique fighter. All three princesses would be awesome!

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
My Vote has been exclusively for Snake and will remain so until he makes it in.

Newcomers might be fun, but Snake certainly was and losing him left a big hole in my Smash Bros enjoyment. Who didn't enjoy cluttering up the feild with explosives and made the match more dangerous and chaotic. His extra weight kept him alive after the many oops and backfires, and it also lead to more interesting recovery strategies. The Nikia Missile was a remote controlled bomb that you could fly into your foes, and cancel out at any time should the reason arise, unlike PK thunder. His Down Special and Down Smash were both traps you could lay for unsuspecting foes. He's full of personality and I like his less cartoony appearance contrasting with the likes of Pikachu and Kirby. He also brought Shadow Moses Island which was a simple yet very fun stage with great music. Snake had, and still has, so much going for him that Smash Bros is worse off without him.

Top Bottom