• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Roster Evolution (11-1, break)

Status
Not open for further replies.

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I decided to play it safe this time, while still being a little bit unique.
Elimination Roster4.png

Added: Bowser, Zelda, Metaknight, Jigglypuff, and Ness
Cut: Lucas

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
The deadline is today in the late evening (10 p.m. 7/31-12 a.m. 8/1 EST)
Not enough time...have to shortcut with Shulk.

As promised I also drew the ones from last time; Captain Toad, Inkling, Shulk and Duck Hunt Dog.

NEWCOMERS:
  • Fox. First addition as soon as that rule went up. Fox is so overdue it's not even funny.
Added a villain for each of the big three series too:
  • Bowser. One of the big three franchises. Felt it deserved a second character(bare in mind all the other 'Mario' characters rep their own games since each has a different gameplay style)
  • Meowth. Always wanted Meowth. He's been my second most wanted for 15 years now. Considered Mewtwo, but Meowth is a bit of personal lip service.
  • Ganondorf. Do I need to even delve into him? I love his OoT style a lot more than his TP look though. Expect me to use the Project M Ganondorf alt icon for him in future.
Honourable mentions: Mewtwo, Ness, Peach, Zelda, Dedede, Diddy Kong. So many options available now!

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕

(seriously someone give the guy who created these praise)
well that was embarrassing. . . i'm watching all comments, not one must speak of this blunder
well anyway back on topic, some rosters finally got back what they were lacking, and some still remain some unique additions to themselves, even after the rules going to dust, at least things may get interesting. . . right?
anyway the usual vote once and if you can explain why good luck mates
and remember . . . I am watching
[collapse=players]
@ SunnyDust SunnyDust
@ The Light Music Club The Light Music Club
@ SmasherMaster SmasherMaster
@ TheZombiePig TheZombiePig
@ Angelglory Angelglory
@ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon
@Tepig2000
@ The_Sheik The_Sheik
@ kylexv kylexv
@ TORNADO BUS DRIVER TORNADO BUS DRIVER
@ a smart guy a smart guy
@ Golden Icarus Golden Icarus
@ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
@ Mr_Anderson Mr_Anderson
@ domokl domokl
@ Yams Yams
[/collapse]

[Collapse=rosters]
a smart guy -

yoshiandtoad -

The Light Music Club -

TheZombiePig -

Yams -

AngelGlory -

kylexv -

TORNADO BUS DRIVER -

Golden Icarus -

SmasherMaster -

Mr_Anderson -

Tepig2000 -

The_Sheik -

SunnyDust -

domokl -

DukeNapoleon -

[/Collapse]
Click here to Vote
we will return back on Sunday 10 PM eastern
Running a little late. Is the game definitely deadlining today or do I not have to rush this?
well seeing how about half of this game life span its been a day late,
I am usually lazy and couldn't care what goes on with the users,
I've just been meh this entire time.
I see no reason to rush something, especially in this games state

Last edited:

SunnyDust

Smash Journeyman
Voted for Tornado Bus Driver because of Wario having two reps already.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I voted for @ The_Sheik The_Sheik for being...how do i put it...Too safe?... this time around. The roster's pretty generic and the only real uniqueness they got going for them is Balloon Fighter, but Villager being in the same roster doesn't help that fact.
Sorry man.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Voted for a smart guy. I do understand the choices of Jigglypuff and Lucina, but I feel that they should be added later after more important characters from their franchises.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Could these stupid anons make an account and tell me why they are voting for me? I seriously have no clue as to why I'm getting votes.

I voted Yams. Karate Joe, Ray, and Mario Bros. are choices I don't like.

Mr_Anderson

Smash Cadet
I voted Tornado Bus Driver because he has Fire Emblem and WarioWare at two reps, but doesn't have Ness or Captain Falcon.

Swamp Castle

Smash Apprentice
Could these stupid anons make an account and tell me why they are voting for me? I seriously have no clue as to why I'm getting votes.
My apologies. I have only recently taken interest in this game. Anyway, as for why I voted you, it was mainly due to Duck Hunt Dog and Lip. I feel that they are both too early, and I don’t really like them that much anyway. So it came down to you and DukeNapoleon.

You had Ness, Dedede and Shulk.
Duke had Lucas, Dillon and Chibi-Robo.

I ultimately decided that Duke’s was slightly better than yours, but not by much.

As for the other anon who voted for you, I have no idea why.

Sorry to drop in unannounced.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Voted for TORNADO BUS DRIVER because not having Captain Falcon is a sin cannot be forgiven. Also, not a huge fan of Ashley, or Chibi-Robo.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Tornado Bus Driver once more because of Ashley and Anna; I love them, but this is my vote towards them just being too much representation for series that are too small when others should be on it.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
My apologies. I have only recently taken interest in this game. Anyway, as for why I voted you, it was mainly due to Duck Hunt Dog and Lip. I feel that they are both too early, and I don’t really like them that much anyway. So it came down to you and DukeNapoleon.

You had Ness, Dedede and Shulk.
Duke had Lucas, Dillon and Chibi-Robo.

I ultimately decided that Duke’s was slightly better than yours, but not by much.

As for the other anon who voted for you, I have no idea why.

Sorry to drop in unannounced.
Thank you. I was just bothered that every round I've gotten a few votes and no one stopped to say why.

Swamp Castle

Smash Apprentice
Thank you. I was just bothered that every round I've gotten a few votes and no one stopped to say why.
Well, I understand your frustration. This is actually the first time I voted here, so here's hoping these anonymous voters show their faces.

And since I'm here, is there a queue for the next round? I'd like to sign up if so.

Note to self: put Captain Falcon on the roster at the earliest opportunity.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Unfortunately this.

Shame as I actually like the Orange Star team idea, but lacking Falcon is too big a deal for me to let it lie.
Super glad I reevaluated my roster and took Wonder Red off for him.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So...
It's Yams, a smart guy and The Light Music Club who are the "most popular", aside from "First" place.
Round 6 is gonna be fun.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Yeah, all the votes take place within about 20 hours it seems.

kylexv

Smash Master
Next round should be starting about now.

SHARKNADO TORNADO BUS DRIVER has half the votes, so he has been eliminated (Probably).

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
gotta add ness next round and ice climbers probably. Im still thinking about the other two

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
(when in doubt, go to Kirby)
todays loser was @ TORNADO BUS DRIVER TORNADO BUS DRIVER who also voted himself out
don't know if its because he'll knew he'll be out or because he was done, but there ya go, 16th place
we'll just continue along our safe and normal path for now, enjoy while ya can mates
32 slots, usual 2 cuts and that's about it
[collapse=players]
@ SunnyDust SunnyDust
@ The Light Music Club The Light Music Club
@ SmasherMaster SmasherMaster
@ TheZombiePig TheZombiePig
@ Angelglory Angelglory
@ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon
@Tepig2000
@ The_Sheik The_Sheik
@ kylexv kylexv
@ a smart guy a smart guy
@ Golden Icarus Golden Icarus
@ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
@ Mr_Anderson Mr_Anderson
@ domokl domokl
@ Yams Yams
[/collapse]

[collapse=rosters]
[/collapse]

[collapse=vote count]
  • a smart guy 3 (13.64%)
  • SunnyDust 0 (0%)
  • TORNADO BUS DRIVER 11 (50%)
  • DukeNapoleon 0 (0%)
  • The Light Music Club 3 (13.64%)
  • SmasherMaster 0 (0%)
  • TheZombiePig 1 (4.55%)
  • AngelGlory 0 (0%)
  • Tepig2000 0 (0%)
  • The_Sheik 1 (4.55%)
  • kylexv 0 (0%)
  • GoldenIcarus 1 (4.55%)
  • YoshiandToad 0 (0%)
  • Mr._Anderson 0 (0%)
  • domokl 0 (0%)
  • Yams 2 (9.09%)
[/collapse]
And since I'm here, is there a queue for the next round? I'd like to sign up if so.
adding to the OP
might as well update that too while i'm at it, but i'm too lazy. . .
we'll be back at Wednesday 10 Pm eastern,

Last edited:

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
RosterEvolution6.png

Added:
Mr. Game & Watch: An icon of the company, very important to Nintendo's history.
Luigi: Needed to have him by this point, I felt.
Andy: A part of a very long-standing series. Makes for a unique character.
Charizard: One of the three most popular Pokemon, along with the other two on this roster.

domokl

Smash Lord
paper Roster.png

Added ness ice climbers inkling and paper mario who reps the paper mario series not the regular mario series. my first real risk and me trying to be unique.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I will be cutting Lucas for Ness.

Hmm.. Character wise I think I need to bulk up a few more.
It is difficult to add in this next stage: Mario needs Peach, Zelda needs Ganon/dorf, Pokemon is debatable. Yet should any of them get more reps before I add more to others, is really the question... If I am to add a second, it would be for Kirby, King Dedede, yet could he be added before Ganon/dorf? Should any of them be added before Peach?

I just love new franchises so much and that makes it difficult to do that.
Always good to add in the rest of the Melee franchises. That means I will add in Ice Climbers as well.

I think for this round it is important for me to look at my roster as a whole, as Nintendo All Stars, and add the most important characters for the roster. Especially as it is a safe round (meaning no rules), and as we breached the 30's.
This means I'm going to go boring and go with adding classics: one for each of the "Four Big Series," Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, Kirby. (Honorable Mention to Diddy from DK).

Super Mario: Peach
Legend Of Zelda: Ganon
Pokemon Ranger (subseries representation): Lucario
Kirby: King Dedede

Nahh. Saw how that roster looked. It looks too much like Brawl.

Last edited:

Yams

Smash Journeyman

I knew that if I kept the Mario Bros I would be gone this round, so they had to be cut for now :(

Cuts: Mario Bros., Ray
Additions: Mario(lol), Peach, Diddy, Ridley, Ganondorf, Charizard

Hopefully the Mario Bros. can re-enter my roster very soon...

kylexv

Smash Master
Roster Evolution 2 Round 6.png

Cuts: Jigglypuff and Ganon

Additions: Diddy Kong, Zelda, Ganondorf, Meta Knight, Ice Climbers, and Charizard.

Honerable Mentions: Sonic, Duck Hunt Dog, Ganon, Ridley.

New Series: Ice Climber

Series: 23 (Super Mario, Yoshi, Wario, Donkey Kong, Gyromite, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem,, Golden Sun, Punch Out!!, Wii Fit, Kirby, Earthbound, Animal Crossing, Pikmin, Chibi-Robo, Ice Climber, Pokemon, Metroid, Star Fox, F-Zero, Rolling Western, Game and Watch.)

Mr_Anderson

Smash Cadet

Decided to expand upon series I already have, I think I have enough series repped for now.

Added:
Luigi: I like the second banana more than I do Peach
Zelda/Sheik: To represent the third part of the Triforce
Blaziken: Another Pokemon rep from another generation
Diddy Kong: Gives the DK series a deserved second rep

Honorable Mentions: Ice Climbers, Ridley, Peach, Mewtwo (I hope choosing Blaziken over him isn't the death of me)

Series: 24 (Mario, Yoshi, WarioWare, Donkey Kong, Pikmin, Chibi-Robo. Punch-Out, Game and Watch, Zelda, Kirby, F-Zero, Custom Robo, Sin & Punishment, Kid Icarus, Murasame Castle, Gyromite, Pokemon, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Mother, Starfox, Golden Sun, Animal Crossing, Xenoblade)

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725

Cut: Lip
Added: Ganondorf, Peach, Lucario, Ice Climbers, and Diddy Kong

Series: Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Warioware, Starfox, Kid Icarus, Zelda, Kirby, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, Metriod, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Earthbound/Mother, F-Zero, Game and Watch, Gyromite, Duck Hunt, Ice Climber, Golden Sun. Punch Out!, Advanced Wars. Total Series: 23

I have a gut feeling I won't be able to add those guys next round, so I should get them in now.

Kind of funny how last game I added Donbe and Hikari and Lip in the third round and somehow made it to top 3.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to question rosters, but what's with the fad of adding Dillon? cx
10/15 rosters have him, but I honestly don't know what's so special about him :c
Mallo and Dillon both have their own E-Shop series, so wouldn't that put them on equal ground? Even considering the fact that Dillon is an AT that might have a chance to get promoted, I still think they'd be on equal ground since Mallo would be the more unique one imo.

I just want to know why so many rosters have Dillon but none have Mallo :c

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to question rosters, but what's with the fad of adding Dillon? cx
10/15 rosters have him, but I honestly don't know what's so special about him :c
Mallo and Dillon both have their own E-Shop series, so wouldn't that put them on equal ground? Even considering the fact that Dillon is an AT that might have a chance to get promoted, I still think they'd be on equal ground since Mallo would be the more unique one imo.

More people have played Dillon I'd hazard.

Or rule of cool. Dillon looks like a cool guy I guess.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725

Make it 9. Even though I hate Splatoon, less people had Inkling so I added them

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929

Newcomers; Diddy, Zelda, Meta Knight, Mr. G&W
New Series: Game & Watch
Total Series: 23
Honorable Mentions: Peach, Ridley, Robin

Wanted to get more veterans in before the next round with special rules, probably gonna get killed for not having Peach before Zelda, but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom