• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Roster Evolution (11-1, break)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
SMASHBOARDS/SWF ROSTER EVOLUTION IS BACK!
This is a game based on several rosters evolving while being faced against eachother in a survival like showdown, in which the community gets to vote on which people to eliminate.
Rules to Remember:

-The total amount of players per game is 21
-Players can ONLY join during the initial round.
-If players want to join they'll be put on que for the next game (with limited slots)
-We will always start with a roster of 12 that is different to the one in 64, the end one will change however
-We may have special rules (IE: Only add females, males, villains, heroes, etc.) if you guys would like to see it, or unless I decide to do so.
-Rosters can't be duplicates. If someone copies, then they need to change the roster before Elimination Begins or they WILL be eliminated.
-If there is a tie we will have a lightening round (a fast short round consisting of those two or more) if an another tie happens an third party will end it.
-Typical Flow Pattern:
Break Round: Contestants still in the game build up a roster according to the conditions I set. Failure to post a roster within the conditions when the break period is over will result in disqualification.
Elimination Round: I'll place up a survey for you all to vote on. On this, you will vote for who you want eliminated. Once I return to announce the loser (Who got the most votes and has been eliminated) I'll open up entry for the next break.
-UPDATE! When you vote for someone, please post in this forum during the elimination round as for who you voted for and why you voted for them. This is to assist in better roster creation.

FAQ:

Q-1:Is this a game where we pick the roster that smash will end up with?
A-1 No. you only vote for the one you dislike the most, it could be the most obscure roster ever, or it could be the safest roster ever, if you don't like that particular roster, then that's where you put your vote at.
Q-2:Can we put in anyone?
A-2:Yes. there is no limit of who you can put in, want to add 10 Marios? sure, want 10 links, good enough, as long as you stick to the limited roster spots, there are no regards of who you can put in.
Q-3:Can we cut anyone?
A-3:Yes. in fact no one who is in smash has to be in this roster, want an entire Sony roster, it works, want to have every veteran besides Mario, sure, want no Pokémon to be in your roster, good enough.
Q-4:Do we have to stick with the same roster each time?
A-4: not usually. Most of the time we allow a certain amount of cuts (usually 2-5) which allow the player to change his roster under the guidelines, but during some special rounds cuts are not given, you just have to deal with it.
Q-5:Do transformation/duo characters count as separate slots?
A-5:No, if you want them to take up an extra slot, then that character is not an transformation/duo character, they counts as their own slot.
Q-6: Can there be duplicate rosters?
A-6:No. each players roster has to be different from one another (at least one difference through character slots) if there happens to be two or more duplicate rosters at the end of the break period and there are no changes, the first copy of the roster will stay and the rest will be eliminated immediately from the Game
Q-7: Can I put in symbols or emblems for slots?
A-7: no, you need actual characters in your rosters, any roster that has a symbol or emblem will not be counted for

Hall of Fame:
Game I:
1st- @YoshiandToad
2nd- @ GreenReaperGod GreenReaperGod
3rd- @ Golden Icarus Golden Icarus

Game ll:
1st- @andimidna
2nd- @ Smasher 101 Smasher 101
3rd- @The Light Music Club

This is part of @ Gunla Gunla Game down below, a good friend who helped run the place when I wasn't able too
So here's the lowdown on this beginning round, folks!
P4-Naoto-Glasses.jpg

-Hello, good folks, Speculator Naoto here.
I was getting rather bored after lonekonwolf Godot had to leave this fun game behind, so I decided to start it up again!
If you fare yourself ready for a new round of this showdown, feel free to sign up with a 12 Slot Roster. I'll give you a week and we'll begin our usual eliminations Saturday Afternoon, Central Time. Anyone is permitted to enter so long as they give me a roster! Another note, for this round, you aren't allowed to use the Original 64 Roster. You can create a roster with some of the characters, but you can't directly import that whole roster to use as your 12 slot one.
You have one week, speculators. Show me your rosters, and remember, I'm always watching.

Contestants
Break I
-Fortanono
Y
-AncientTobacco
U
-Louie G.
U
-GreenReaperGod
Y
-Angelglory
U
-BluePikmin11
U
-Tepig2000
U
-ScatmansWorld25
B
-APC99
Y
-Smasher 101
Y
-ThatWasPeachy
B
-Shortiecanbrawl

-Crap-Zapper
U
-Kon
U
-GoldenIcarus
U
-jakor
U
-josh bones
U
-SmasherMaster

-YoshiandToad
U
-LumaOkami
U
-Keybladeguy

BREAK PERIOD I BEGINS NOW
ENDS NEXT SATURDAY AFTERNOON, CENTRAL TIME

:on que for the next game:
@Pokechu
@Swamp Castle
@SomeGuy121
@Afrodude
@Chase
@AstroHamsta
And the Game Begins . . .
[collapse=players]
@SunnyDust
@The Light Music Club
@SmasherMaster
@TheZombiePig
@ Angelglory Angelglory
@DukeNapoleon
@ Tepig2000 Tepig2000
@The_Sheik
@kylexv
@TORNADO BUS DRIVER
@a smart guy
@ Golden Icarus Golden Icarus

@YoshiandToad
@LumaOkami
@Mr_Anderson
@domokl
@BlueDrago
@Yams
@KingShadow
[/collapse]
[collapse=rosters]
current rule: no veterans in melee and any previous installments that weren't on the previous roster are not allowed
[/collapse]
[collapse=vote count]

• SunnyDust 0 (0%)
  • The Light Music Club 1 (5.88%)
  • SmasherMaster 1 (5.88%)
  • TheZombiePig 1 (5.88%)
  • AngelGlory 0 (0%)
  • DukeNapoleon 2 (11.76%)
  • Tepig2000 0 (0%)
  • The_Sheik 0 (0%)
  • kylexv 0 (0%)
  • TORNADO BUS DRIVER 0 (0%)
  • a smart guy 1 (5.88%)
  • Golden Icarus 0 (0%)
  • yoshiandToad 0 (0%)
  • LumaOkami 1 (5.88%)
  • Mr_Anderson 1 (5.88%)
  • domokl 0 (0%)
  • BlueDrago 0 (0%)
  • SmashRiver64 9 (52.94%)
  • Yams 0 (0%)
  • KingShadow 0 (0%)
[/collapse]

[collapse=Elminations]
21 - @artisticgamerxl
20 - @SmashRiver64
[/collapse]

Round lll Elimination will begin at Friday 10PM, Eastern Time Zone
NOTICE: out of date because of scheduling and laziness, please go to the last page to vote​

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
your waiting approval from me?
wolf approves.png

you did a nice job mate,
thank you for continuing from where I left off, I would of continued but my schedule caught the best of me and I had to leave it behind, thanks for continuing the game axle

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I'll try this game, I'll have my roster up here soon.
Go ahead and make it, take your time.
For people wondering if I added you:
If you see a like and your roster is in the Break Period Post (In this case, the OP) you are in.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Editing programs like Sumo Paint, I simply drag the characters name to the top to make it look like the slots in Brawl.
Also Prince Sable because he's a deserving retro. :p You know me.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Glad to see some old and new faces!

I went with 12 because Smash 64 had 12. It sounded like a nice number. I'll add you guys in a bit!

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Thingamajig.png

Added a character per important franchise. I think it's fairly nice, don't you?

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Alright, I've added those who gave me a roster so far. Remember there's still a week, so plenty can still join! Invite your friends!

BTW, If anyone manages to catch any accidental copies of rosters, please note so. I looked at them and didn't see any copies, but you never know.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
I would like to join this one, and I will post mine later tonight.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
14+ Competitors so far; This is going to be quite an interesting first full game!

(There's no spot limit, so you can keep inviting people! :cool:)

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Can I request that if you vote for someone, you should offer an explanation as to why you're voting in the thread?

like "I'm voting BigAxle because his roster has Mario on it". At least then the person knows what you don't like about their roster so they can reflect on their criticisms for future rounds.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Can I request that if you vote for someone, you should offer an explanation as to why you're voting in the thread?

like "I'm voting BigAxle because his roster has Mario on it". At least then the person knows what you don't like about their roster so they can reflect on their criticisms for future rounds.
This is a great idea! Many users in the previous games got random votes that often seemed biased. I'll add this as a rule!

ATTENTION ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE!
DURING ELIMINATION ROUNDS, PLEASE POST SAYING WHO YOU VOTED FOR AND WHY YOU VOTED, IN ADDITION TO COMPLETING THE ELIMINATION FORM I CREATE! THIS IS TO ASSIST IN BETTER ROSTER CREATION. Props to @ Starbound Starbound for reminding me about this.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
At this point in time, I'm going to try and make the final roster around 55 so that we'll have some interesting rounds.

This means that most rounds will increase the cap by 2-4. If you guys want to have a bigger or smaller final one let me know. If it's bigger, I can hold more people, but if it's smaller, there's the chance I might need to cap the competitors list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom