• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 23rd

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Maybe he's referring to "finally a potd featuring a boss"
I remember the yellow devil being on a 3DS POTD. I don't remember the exact date of that pic but for sure there was one.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I guess this explained the swarm.
Maybe to similar concept, but not the purpose. Clearly, the Master Core is releasing excessive energy. Chaos Kin in that form is trying to find a new host for the feed. But I can definitely see why they look relative in a way. They're both chaotic in their own style.

Last edited:

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. Master Hand's glove rips open, and a mysterious substance we're calling the swarm, er, swarms out. The amount of this substance determines the shape of your final opponent, and you will have to launch it away in small clusters at a time. The higher your intensity, the denser the substance will be."

Shadow of the Colossus anyone?

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
Essentially there are 6 forms to the final boss. Form 1 is the traditional hand(s). If you are at a high enough difficulty, you go to form 2 after beating form 1 and do the rest of the battle. If not, if you are at a lower difficulty that is still high enough, you skip to form 3. If it's lower than that difficulty, you start at form 4 instead. And if you are at a lower difficulty, you only fight form 1. And if you are at a LOWER difficulty (or don't choose the harder final boss path), there's no Crazy Hand.

I forget the specific difficulties though that unlock each form, but using a continue lowers the difficulty by 0.5 each time. I will not spoil the forms though.
Oh, that's cool, if a little underwhelming. I was kinda hoping for a Giga Bowser or a Ridley or a Tabuu fight to change up the final boss battle. No matter though. I'm just checking in before I go to a game expo and playtest 3DSmash (That's trade marked. You can't just use that...) to weigh up getting a 3DS just for Smash.

[EDIT] Right, back from a hiatus after the EB Games Expo over the weekend. The upshot is I'm getting Smash for 3DS, I'm getting a 3DS and I hate myself a little more for being a Nintenerd and a Nintenoob as well. (Trademarked!)
I'm also seriously considering getting some tuition here to better my competitive play as the Smash booth ran a mini-contest and I managed to win the qualifying round, but due to how it was run I didn't play on further. I've always seen myself as what I call a 'fringe' fighter; I'm no good against a genuine competitor, proven on Brawl's online game, but I seem to be better than the vast majority of casual players - most games I play with my friends and family I tend to come out on top.

Last edited:
Top Bottom