• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 23rd

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
"Master Hand's glove rips open, and a mysterious substance we're calling the swarm, er, swarms out."

YOU KNOW, FOR KIDS.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Master Hand is that gloved hand from the Kirby game over screens that pinch you to wake you up and continue... :D

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
This kind of reminds me of these SPE enemies.
Wait
This is actually indentical to Master Core, glowing orb included.
Master Hand...
...IS TABUU'S CREATION!?
And since Tabuu makes stuff from Shadow Bugs...
And said Shadow Bugs come from Mr. Game & Watch...
HOLY CRAP MR. GAME & WATCH IS THE SMASH GOD

Luugyhero12

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1435-3635-9083
View attachment 25910 New comers of characters for SMASH rosters on Wii U version, who I truly wanted to be confirmed in SMASH rosters slot are Shantae, Risky Boots, Rotty Tops, Sky and Bolo from Shantae series, Izuna The Unemployed Ninja with her two sisters: Shino & Shizune, Hatsune Miku, especially for fans & mine sakes Geno from Super Mario RPG, Manic & Sonia The Hedgehogs as alternatives skin of Sonic The Hedgehog, début Ninten from Earthbound Zero as an alternative skin of Ness, Goemon and Yae from Legend of the Mystical Ninja series, Neku Sakuraba from The World Ends with You series, Sora from Kingdom Hearts series, Klonoa from Klonoa series, Krystal from StarFox series, Dixie-Kong from Donkey Kong series, Princess Daisy as an alternative skin of Princess Peach, Toad, Ridley from Metroid series, Impa and Ganondrof's new moves set of swords from Hyrule Warriors, Mewtwo X form from Pokemon series and finally The lovely, Bayonetta as DLC playable characters for SMASH rosters slot in time to be confirmed by Masahiro Sakurai and hopefully he'll do whatever that he can develop them in SMASH 4 Wii U version for us to be importantly happy and gives him a major biggest Thx-you!✨:)☑✅✔
we get it already

Neos

Smash Cadet
REALLY SAKURAI!!?? You didn't keep the Subspace Emissary because it was spoiled and leaked online, so spoiling the TRUE final boss is okay?? My friends were telling me there's a new final boss in Classic Mode and I wanted to see it for myself, until this spoiler pic of the day shows up!

NintyTheRagekid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintyTheRageKid
3DS FC
5455-9431-1608
Switch FC
SW-2209-3322-3333
View attachment 25910 New comers of characters for SMASH rosters on Wii U version, who I truly wanted to be confirmed in SMASH rosters slot are Shantae, Risky Boots, Rotty Tops, Sky and Bolo from Shantae series, Izuna The Unemployed Ninja with her two sisters: Shino & Shizune, Hatsune Miku, especially for fans & mine sakes Geno from Super Mario RPG, Manic & Sonia The Hedgehogs as alternatives skin of Sonic The Hedgehog, début Ninten from Earthbound Zero as an alternative skin of Ness, Goemon and Yae from Legend of the Mystical Ninja series, Neku Sakuraba from The World Ends with You series, Sora from Kingdom Hearts series, Klonoa from Klonoa series, Krystal from StarFox series, Dixie-Kong from Donkey Kong series, Princess Daisy as an alternative skin of Princess Peach, Toad, Ridley from Metroid series, Impa and Ganondrof's new moves set of swords from Hyrule Warriors, Mewtwo X form from Pokemon series and finally The lovely, Bayonetta as DLC playable characters for SMASH rosters slot in time to be confirmed by Masahiro Sakurai and hopefully he'll do whatever that he can develop them in SMASH 4 Wii U version for us to be importantly happy and gives him a major biggest Thx-you!✨:)☑✅✔

Daniel Bryan disapproves your long post that has NOTHING to do with today's POTD.
Side note: I do want Mewtwo and Ice Climbers as DLC though. Everything else... why?

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Not gonna lie, Master Core is probably the most underwhelming thing I've ever seen in Smash, just this collection of black particles, I do kinda like how he fights you in the form of your character at the end though, I'd be fine if the whole fight was like that, but his other forms are just prototype Kirby bosses with lame designs in my opinion.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Haha, It's called the Swarm over there huh? Well for some reason we've been calling it the Master Core and I doubt that's about to change. Sorry Sakurai, but you should've announced this one before the game came out.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Master Hand is the creator of the Smash world. In real life, Sakurai would be the creator of the Smash world. They're basically alike.

Mind = blown
And here I thought Master Core was just everyone's tears and butthurt manifested into one celestial being.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
I thought we wern't supposed to be spoiled near the end of classic mode, right?

WaveDashCash

Smash Apprentice
Did we reach the end of the road in terms of menus?

Tomorrow's Post:
Pic of the Day. Just in case nobody got a chance to see them on our website, this is what the cover art for both versions looks like!
I'll have a better PotD tomorrow, so don't forget to come back. P.S, this game is a lot of fun, I feel sorry for those who don't have it yet!

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
REALLY SAKURAI!!?? You didn't keep the Subspace Emissary because it was spoiled and leaked online, so spoiling the TRUE final boss is okay?? My friends were telling me there's a new final boss in Classic Mode and I wanted to see it for myself, until this spoiler pic of the day shows up!
I've seen the final boss fight, and I assure you this picture does not spoil very much. You'll still have lots of surprises!

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Are you serious right now? This information is coming from Sakurai, the lead developer for the games, it's as official as it gets, and I don't see how it falls into spoiler category to you.

This picture hardly spoils much, he didn't even go into detail on the final boss' actual shape and form, not only that, but if you're so upset over getting spoiled from Sakurai himself of all people, then you might as well ignore Miiverse and any other website that discusses Sakurai's pictures, such as Smashboards and Reddit.

Mataata

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mataata
3DS FC
2964-8599-6875
I really didn't expect him to reveal that, but I suppose he didn't actually reveal a ton of info about the boss itself.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 25910 New comers of characters for SMASH rosters on Wii U version, who I truly wanted to be confirmed in SMASH rosters slot are Shantae, Risky Boots, Rotty Tops, Sky and Bolo from Shantae series, Izuna The Unemployed Ninja with her two sisters: Shino & Shizune, Hatsune Miku, especially for fans & mine sakes Geno from Super Mario RPG, Manic & Sonia The Hedgehogs as alternatives skin of Sonic The Hedgehog, début Ninten from Earthbound Zero as an alternative skin of Ness, Goemon and Yae from Legend of the Mystical Ninja series, Neku Sakuraba from The World Ends with You series, Sora from Kingdom Hearts series, Klonoa from Klonoa series,
Are you joking also OCS ARE FORBIDDEN

Last edited by a moderator:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Blah blah blah random boring stuff about requests that always ends in "Thx-you!✨:)☑✅✔" that's honestly considered spam imo because the copy-paste is real
Ok @Raheem The Dream, listen up;
  1. Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS have the exact same roster. Since the 3DS' entire roster is already known, your requests are invalid
  2. HOLY WALL OF TEXT, BATMAN (says the ranter)
  3. Let's see... you want FIVE Shantae characters in Smash Wii U. FIVE? Do you know how much money and time it takes to even get ONE Third-Party? And now you want FIVE? From the same series!? Jeesh, I wanted Shantae in too, but this is crazy! And to add to that, you want even MORE 3rd Party characters, and even the 4th Party Manic and Sonia as Alternate Costumes, of all things!
  4. Earthbound Zero is just a fan translation. It's actually called MOTHER. In all caps, too.
  5. Who is Ganondrof?
  6. OK, so now you want them all as DLC. You want... 25 DLC Characters (+More if you count Alt. Costumes) that mostly consist of 3rd and 4th Party Characters (Geno and Bayonetta included). 10/10 Best Roster 20XX-no.
  7. Seriously, TWENTY-FIVE CHARACTERS. I know some things, and that's the amount of HALF THE ENTIRE FREAKING ROSTER AT THIS MOMENT. I'd think there would be about like 10 DLC Characters for the Veterans like Wolf and Lucas and Mewtwo (NOT IN MEGA X FORM, THAT'S JUST CRAZY) and maybe Ridley and/or Issac as newcomers. But to almost DOUBLE the entire roster with DLC which you probably have to buy with money is just Dumb, a Waste of Time for the developers, and their's going to always be that one "PAY-TO-WIN" character. "Have you ever developed a Game before?"
  8. Let me tell you about Game Making.To make this entire game as-is, it took about THREE YEARS. Yes, doing only half the roster, no stages, menus ect. would lower the time, but Sakurai wants to make these characters count. He wants to make them feel reminiscent of the games they heir from, plus he has to get a voice actor for every single one, develop their moveset, model, animations, Final Smash, ect. FROM THE GROUND UP. And he has to make them balanced too, and with so many characters, that's gonna be really hard to pull them all out as DLC in such little time!
I would go on, but this isn't the place to do this.
TL;DR, shaddap.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
And now the questions on everyone's minds:

What is Master Core, and what does it symbolize?

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
I guess you can say that's some 'hardcore' gaming. *badum tsss*

NintyTheRagekid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintyTheRageKid
3DS FC
5455-9431-1608
Switch FC
SW-2209-3322-3333
4. Earthbound Zero is just a fan translation.
:ness: Actually, MOTHER was fully translated and localized by Phil Sandhop. Hackers just took the finished ROM of "Earthbound" and added "Zero" to the name since MOTHER 2 already was published as Earthbound.:troll:

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
Note how in Melee there was a core in FD, but there isn't one in 4 :U

Byxis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Byxis7
3DS FC
4656-8308-4770
We all know that Master Core is the personification and embodiment of Sakurai's sheer hatred for Competitive Smash.

MegaMango

Smash Cadet
Looking at it very quickly, I thought it was some kind of dlc reveal for Bayonetta in smash or something.

Disappointed :(

Last edited:

Neos

Smash Cadet
Are you serious right now? This information is coming from Sakurai, the lead developer for the games, it's as official as it gets, and I don't see how it falls into spoiler category to you.

This picture hardly spoils much, he didn't even go into detail on the final boss' actual shape and form, not only that, but if you're so upset over getting spoiled from Sakurai himself of all people, then you might as well ignore Miiverse and any other website that discusses Sakurai's pictures, such as Smashboards and Reddit.
Oooookay, I didn't think I would offend anyone with that comment. Anyway, I see what you mean, but It is still somewhat a spoiler to me. The reason is because I wanted to be fully surprised when I see this Master Core myself. Sakurai showing the picture of how it looks kinda ruined the surprise a bit. Also imo Sakurai could've shown a picture revealing Master Hand (and maybe Crazy Hand) instead of Master Core for the Pic of the Day since he never revealed him as far as I know of, and then mention that there is an extra boss to keep us wondering what it looks like. However, I can't control that, it's just something I wish happened.

On the other hand, I still didn't see what Master Core can do, but as long as it has many different shapes and forms, then fine I agree it's not that much of a spoiler then.

Sen. Sawft

Professional Laundry Folder
NNID
Sawft
3DS FC
4940-6793-4197
WHY IS MASTER HAND MADE OF AN UNSTOPPABLE SWARM OF BUGS?

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Oooookay, I didn't think I would offend anyone with that comment. Anyway, I see what you mean, but It is still somewhat a spoiler to me. The reason is because I wanted to be fully surprised when I see this Master Core myself. Sakurai showing the picture of how it looks kinda ruined the surprise a bit. Also imo Sakurai could've shown a picture revealing Master Hand (and maybe Crazy Hand) instead of Master Core for the Pic of the Day since he never revealed him as far as I know of, and then mention that there is an extra boss to keep us wondering what it looks like. However, I can't control that, it's just something I wish happened.
I wouldn't say it offended me, I just thought your complaining was pretty stupid. And he probably didn't bother revealing the hands because the Treehouse stream on the 12th covered Classic mode (though they purposefully avoided the higher difficulties to keep Master Core a secret, one of the guys there even said so to the one behind the 3DS).

Either way, it's all coming from Sakurai, he's using these PotD to give us a glimpse of what's to come with simple pictures, and usually doesn't even go into further detail on the matter so it still isn't much of a spoiler when he could show things via a static image and say extremely vague comments or nothing at all.

Beman

Smash Rookie
yo what if the swarm transforms into Ridley and that's how you unlock him?

Neos

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't say it offended me, I just thought your complaining was pretty stupid. And he probably didn't bother revealing the hands because the Treehouse stream on the 12th covered Classic mode (though they purposefully avoided the higher difficulties to keep Master Core a secret, one of the guys there even said so to the one behind the 3DS).

Either way, it's all coming from Sakurai, he's using these PotD to give us a glimpse of what's to come with simple pictures, and usually doesn't even go into further detail on the matter so it still isn't much of a spoiler when he could show things via a static image and say extremely vague comments or nothing at all.
If you really find my complaint stupid then get used to it because this is all based off of personal preferences, and everyone has their own.

Otherwise, I get your point about the Treehouse stream. Also, it sounds like you have some serious mad respect for Sakurai, which is awesome since he created the whole smash series. I definitely have much respect for him as well, it's just that there are some things he does that rub me the wrong way, like not including the Subspace Emissary in Smash 4 because someone apparently leaked it online (which I never saw) and so everyone suffers because of it (and even tripping in Brawl :p). That's pretty much the reason why I posted my earlier comment in the first place because I loved the Subspace Emissary a lot and I hate the fact that it is canceled because of such overstated reasoning.

Last edited:
Top Bottom