• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 12th

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
"Smash 4 should have a replay-sharing feature like Pokémon X. That'd be awesome." -My status, August 15

Well whilst you guys complain about the menus, I'm getting HYPED here! Do you see what's in the picture? The greatest feature in the whole game!

I'm still waiting on the global share for replays, but this world map does give us replay lovers hope huh? Come on guys, tournaments will be much easier with replays to share globally since 3DS users could run tournaments online!

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
Or Maybe his inner smash hype left his body, Don't blame the guy his game was leaked almost three weeks before release, so maybe he's just throwing out pic of the days cause Mr. LEAKER had to f*** us over for crying out loud they made the man literally put the title of shulks newcomer video "it looks like we don't have a choice!"
"It looks like we don't have a choice" is a phrase Shulk would say when a battle initiates in Xenoblade Chronicles it has nothing to do with the leak.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
I'm still waiting on the global share for replays, but this world map does give us replay lovers hope huh? Come on guys, tournaments will be much easier with replays to share globally since 3DS users could run tournaments online!
It's that "Total number of replays posted worl-" at the top that basically confirms some sort of replay sharing function. I hope this isn't Sakurai teasing as usual.

Also if someone's making a Smash 4 Salty Highlights then I could send my clips to them and not have to invest in a 3DS capture.

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226

get ready sakurai:demon:
i changed my profile picture cuz i am mad :evil:
if geno isnt a DLC or trophy then... i should wait 6/7 years just to see geno back in a game
Well, I guess that you will be waiting forever because Nintendo doesn't own Geno, Square Enix does. Most of the original characters in that game is owned by Square Enix. So if Nintendo wanted a character from Square Enix, it sure wouldn't be him. It would most likely be a Chocobo, Moogle, Black Mage, White Mage, or better yet a Dragon Quest Character. The enemies for Boss Rush would be Bomb, Slime, and other simple creatures from those games.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
It's that "Total number of replays posted worl-" at the top that basically confirms some sort of replay sharing function. I hope this isn't Sakurai teasing as usual.

Also if someone's making a Smash 4 Salty Highlights then I could send my clips to them and not have to invest in a 3DS capture.
oh yeah I didn't even see that the first time! Replays can be posted online sounds pretty promising. Now the question is if there's a recording limit and if so what is it...

Also I've just heard Smash Run appears to have NO online functionality. I hope this is wrong or will be fixed in post, cause yanno, that's gimping and ruining any hype your over exposed mode had...

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Well, I guess that you will be waiting forever because Nintendo doesn't own Geno, Square Enix does. Most of the original characters in that game is owned by Square Enix. So if Nintendo wanted a character from Square Enix, it sure wouldn't be him. It would most likely be a Chocobo, Moogle, Black Mage, White Mage, or better yet a Dragon Quest Character. The enemies for Boss Rush would be Bomb, Slime, and other simple creatures from those games.
we have rayman from upisoft trophy so why not a geno trophy from square enix one more 3rd party trophy wouldnt hurt also nintendo would rather choose geno because he is the most requested square enix charcter and he is the only 3rd party charcter that his history is ONLY with nintendo plus geno was in top 5 in sakurai brawl poll

WaveDashCash

Smash Apprentice
I cannot believe....
That I stayed up late....
FOR THIS.
SAKURAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Not sure if bait but I need to say that this whole menus meme is ********. You guys know in order to play the game, or any game for that matter you have to go through these menus right? These menus also give you info on the game modes, stages, characters, etc.

Zurf

Smash Cadet
"Not only that, but there could potentially be a patch available that can resolve potential issues"

By issues do you mean the fact that Ridley and Mewtwo aren't playable?

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
we have rayman from upisoft trophy so why not a geno trophy from square enix one more 3rd party trophy wouldnt hurt also nintendo would rather choose geno because he is the most requested square enix charcter and he is the only 3rd party charcter that his history is ONLY with nintendo plus geno was in top 5 in sakurai brawl poll

I see what you're saying, but its been proven that polls mean nothing, when Sakurai makes up his mind with what he wants with his game there's no stopping him. Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest is responsible for the success of the NES and SNES when came to 3rd Party. The SNES was the go to for Final Fantasy and RPG's in general. Hell, in Japan there are more Nintendo Cross over games with Mario, Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest than anything. Geno is cool but he has done nothing for Nintendo's Legacy. In the States, Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest characters appeared in Mario Sports Mix. Nintendo could have simply put Mellow, Geno, and other Mario RPG Characters from Squares Library to put into a party game like that, but they didn't. See where I am going with this?

Come to think of it, Mario RPG was the last RPG for the SNES. Gamers had already moved onto PS1 and the soon release of the N64 by the time Mario RPG was released here in the states. Only the die hard Geno fans will recognize him. A trophy would be nice but it shows how little that they care for that character and like I said before if Nintendo had to pick a 3rd party character from Square Enix it would be from Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy first before Mario Rpg. There is too much history not to ignore and I think Nintendo wouldn't neglect that for a character who only appeared in one game on their close to dying console life.

Last edited:

YamiKitsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1006-0928-7336
Don't try to spoil.... Soo sorry Sakurai. I saw it.

Soo sad that the most of the secrets character are just veterans and 2 REAL newcomers and clones..............
Only 2? We have Robin, pacman, little mac, palutena, Rosalina bowser Jr Duck hunt....waaaaaay more than 2

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
It doesn't matter if the leaker leaked the hidden characters or not, I'd still be disappointed anyway, may I suggest Mr. Suckerai to do your research on characters people ACTUALLY care about?

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I see what you're saying, but its been proven that polls mean nothing, when Sakurai makes up his mind with what he wants with his game there's no stopping him. Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest is responsible for the success of the NES and SNES when came to 3rd Party. The SNES was the go to for Final Fantasy and RPG's in general. Hell, in Japan there are more Nintendo Cross over games with Mario, Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest than anything. Geno is cool but he has done nothing for Nintendo's Legacy. In the States, Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest characters appeared in Mario Sports Mix. Nintendo could have simply put Mellow, Geno, and other Mario RPG Characters from Squares Library to put into a party game like that, but they didn't. See where I am going with this?

Come to think of it, Mario RPG was the last RPG for the SNES. Gamers had already moved onto PS1 and the soon release of the N64 by the time Mario RPG was released here in the states. Only the die hard Geno fans will recognize him. A trophy would be nice but it shows how little that they care for that character and like I said before if Nintendo had to pick a 3rd party character from Square Enix it would be from Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy first before Mario Rpg. There is too much history not to ignore and I think Nintendo wouldn't neglect that for a character who only appeared in one game on their close to dying console life.
Geno was in 2 games and it doesn't matter how many games he did appear also the top most requested 3rd party in brawl was 1.sonic 2. Megaman 3.geno 2 of them was confirmed (Megaman was confirmed in ssb4) but in ssb4 days pac-man was requested than geno wich make pac-man join ssb4 also namco was helping to make the game but geno is still the most requested square Enix charcter also smrpg was important game than Mario sports mix and fortune street also geno is a charcter between Nintendo and square Enix adding him will be easier than a dragon quest charcter or final fantasy character and sakurai does hear fans so he know that the most people wants geno to be the square Enix rep plus the fans did waited 18 years just to see him back in a game. putting dragon quest or final fantasy character won't make a big hype like geno will

Weavile's Wrath

Smash Apprentice
Geno was in 2 games and it doesn't matter how many games he did appear also the top most requested 3rd party in brawl was 1.sonic 2. Megaman 3.geno 2 of them was confirmed (Megaman was confirmed in ssb4) but in ssb4 days pac-man was requested than geno wich make pac-man join ssb4 also namco was helping to make the game but geno is still the most requested square Enix charcter also smrpg was important game than Mario sports mix and fortune street also geno is a charcter between Nintendo and square Enix adding him will be easier than a dragon quest charcter or final fantasy character and sakurai does hear fans so he know that the most people wants geno to be the square Enix rep plus the fans did waited 18 years just to see him back in a game. putting dragon quest or final fantasy character won't make a big hype like geno will
That was the longest run-on sentence EVER.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Another sour note to end the week...or is it? If Sakurai specifically mentioned checking for patches every now and then, is that proof they'll be paying attention to the games after release and stepping in whenever any character becomes too overpowered or any technique too over-centralizing?

Bendezium Dweevil

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2122-7123-8170
Only 2? We have Robin, pacman, little mac, palutena, Rosalina bowser Jr Duck hunt....waaaaaay more than 2
He said secret. I really wish some of the newcomers were secret so that there would be more hype for unlockables. 9/12 secret characters are returning veterans with only one surprise being dr. Mario. With dark pit being a clone, that leaves only 2 unique fighters to find. This is coming from someone who is happy with the roster. It's problem is there wasn't much else to hype post-release.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Slightly confused, why is everyone happy about patches? It just fixes glitches in the game...
Long-time PC gamers believe "patches" are more than game fixes, they see it as new content.

When it comes to Nintendo, the former just seems likely. Nintendo barely got their feet wet in their online game features and the patches we see from them are indeed mostly just fixes.

Last edited:

pants name guy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-7849-1985
Haven't seen that yet. Details?
Basically if you're Megaman you can cancel weak, non-tumble hitstun with up+b. VGBC posted a video of it. If Mario down throws you at low percents, for example, instead of bouncing off the ground for a followup you can immediately use rush coil on impact with the ground and get send way higher than normal, without a jump but with all your aerials and stuff.

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
Snake and Sonic was suppose to be in Melee, Kojima and the Sonic Team Creator are close friends of Sakurai. They approached him about putting their characters into the game but he couldn't because Melee was far in development. That means that Sakurai already planned out who he wants to be in the game and no amount of polls will influence him. Sonic and Snake inclusion in brawl had nothing to do with fans, he included them because he is friend with Sonic Team and Konami requested them to be in the game.

Look at the pattern of how the 3rd party characters are selected. What does Sonic, Mega Man, Snake, and Pac-Man have in common with one another? They are all Legacy Characters that changed and shaped the gaming industry. Sonic was the game that really put sega on the map and it was the game that challenged Mario and the Nintendo brand. They were bitter rivals, so Sonic earned his spot. Snake was pretty much the first stealth game released on the NES and Snakes Legacy carried over to the PS1 era and Kojima decided to bring the Legacy back with Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes on the GameCube.

Not only that Snake Eater came to the Nintendo 3DS, yes Snake earned his spot on the Smash Roster. Then you have MegaMan, he was the first Console only release Arcade 2D Platform shooter on the NES and his legacy has spread on both Nintendo Consoles and handhelds. So yes MegaMan earned his spot on the roster, if you thought fan demand had something to do with his inclusion, than you are naive. Sakurai said that he won't pick any 3rd party character to be in the Smash Brother roster. They have to be the right fit and represent the Nintendo Legacy properly.

Pac-Man inclusion had nothing to do with fan demand because it was a no brainer of his inclusion for the fact that Bandi Namco was working on the game. Pac-Man changed Arcade gaming so he earned his spot regardless. Yes, when it comes to including newcomers GENO could be selected but not before other more deserving characters.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Snake and Sonic was suppose to be in Melee, Kojima and the Sonic Team Creator are close friends of Sakurai. They approached him about putting their characters into the game but he couldn't because Melee was far in development. That means that Sakurai already planned out who he wants to be in the game and no amount of polls will influence him. Sonic and Snake inclusion in brawl had nothing to do with fans, he included them because he is friend with Sonic Team and Konami requested them to be in the game.

Look at the pattern of how the 3rd party characters are selected. What does Sonic, Mega Man, Snake, and Pac-Man have in common with one another? They are all Legacy Characters that changed and shaped the gaming industry. Sonic was the game that really put sega on the map and it was the game that challenged Mario and the Nintendo brand. They were bitter rivals, so Sonic earned his spot. Snake was pretty much the first stealth game released on the NES and Snakes Legacy carried over to the PS1 era and Kojima decided to bring the Legacy back with Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes on the GameCube.

Not only that Snake Eater came to the Nintendo 3DS, yes Snake earned his spot on the Smash Roster. Then you have MegaMan, he was the first Console only release Arcade 2D Platform shooter on the NES and his legacy has spread on both Nintendo Consoles and handhelds. So yes MegaMan earned his spot on the roster, if you thought fan demand had something to do with his inclusion, than you are naive. Sakurai said that he won't pick any 3rd party character to be in the Smash Brother roster. They have to be the right fit and represent the Nintendo Legacy properly.

Pac-Man inclusion had nothing to do with fan demand because it was a no brainer of his inclusion for the fact that Bandi Namco was working on the game. Pac-Man changed Arcade gaming so he earned his spot regardless. Yes, when it comes to including newcomers GENO could be selected but not before other more deserving characters.
you dont need to tell me those millon things...
i just want to see a Geno trophy it will make geno chances better to reutern in future games
remember what i said "one more 3rd party trophy wouldnt hurt"

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
you dont need to tell me those millon things...
i just want to see a Geno trophy it will make geno chances better to reutern in future games
remember what i said "one more 3rd party trophy wouldnt hurt"
whtvr, geno is not THAT known, get over it. We have enough third party reps now.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
That's not a problem that he isn't popular and I know that he won't be playable in ssb4 (but there is still hope for ssb5) but I said I just want a geno trophy
lol, your motive was that it'll make chances for an appearance in future games bigger... well, no =)

Geno Boost

Smash Master
lol, your motive was that it'll make chances for an appearance in future games bigger... well, no =)
yes it will make his chances better to appear in future games because square enix will bring back a charcter that didnt appear in 18 years even nintendo will be surprised for him because too many fans asked them for geno and nintendo might ask square enix to use geno and mallow in more games also geno have HUGE fanbase
also some one did send a massage to square enix for putting geno and mallow in any future games or giving them to nintendo
and thats what square enix said:
"Thank you for contacting the square enix support centre.
unfortunately we do not support that game. we can only advise you to contact nintendo.
we apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
kind regards,
the square enix support centre team
thank you again for cont......"

Geno Boost

Smash Master
yes it will make his chances better to appear in future games because square enix will bring back a charcter that didnt appear in 18 years even nintendo will be surprised for him because too many fans asked them for geno and nintendo might ask square enix to use geno and mallow in more games also geno have HUGE fanbase
also some one did send a massage to square enix for putting geno and mallow in any future games or giving them to nintendo
unfortunately we do not support that game. we can only advise you to contact nintendo.
kind regards,

Geno Boost

Smash Master
kind regards,

Geno Boost

Smash Master
kind regards,
Why it was posted 3 times? It's seems there is a glitch

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
MENUS, MENUS EVERYWHERE!!! I would like to see what one the menu Sakurai.:psycho:

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
:shiro:Oh joy another useless menu picture thingy. Wow sooo excited to see it... OMG hurry up October 3rd!!

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
kind regards,
Well yeah if they send a 'massage' things might be working... lol

Top Bottom