• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 12th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. This is the World Status you can see in Spectator mode. The game isn't released yet so the map looks pretty plain now, but I wonder what it'll look like once it's out? Also, this is where you can see all sorts of stats being tallied up. In Group play and Spectator mode, you can see characters you haven't unlocked yet, so watch out if you don't want to be spoiled."

He also included a second picture saying "Even if you don't want to be spoiled, it might be wise to select the Online option at least once before you start the game. Your Global Smash Power won't appear until the first time you connect to the internet. Not only that, but there could potentially be a patch available that can resolve potential issues, like the one being released now for the Japanese version of the game. For the package version, updates can be pre-downloaded to your system even before you purchase the game, so make sure you look out for them."

Calibrate

Smash Apprentice
The last week or two have provided us with the most unhyped POTD's ever. Sakurai is clearly not a marketing genius.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Ha, we get a menu even on release day.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
#MenuMonday #MenuTuesday...

..#MenuWeek

Last edited:

Axe2TheMax

Smash Rookie
NNID
Axe2TheMax
3DS FC
1676-3697-0849
Not only that, but there could potentially be a patch available that can resolve potential issues, like the one being released now for the Japanese version of the game.
Good, he's fixing the no Mewtwo/Ridley glitch.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Hey, we DID get a loading screen :troll:

Y'all should be happy he decided to reveal such a speculated piece of information!

Last edited:
Sakurai said there might patches! Yes! Hopefully he'll be able to fix balancing issues and give us DLC after release!

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
The last week or two have provided us with the most unhyped POTD's ever. Sakurai is clearly not a marketing genius.
Can you do better?

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
What are you talking about? This whole 'Picture of The Day' thing is one clever marketing trick which has worked wonders so far. It has succeeded in attracting the attention of a lot of people, fans as well as others. Sakurai and his team are clearly pretty strong when it comes to marketing.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
This was the funniest pic of the day ever. "Don't try to spoil characters for yourself!" And to think we've known the full roster since last month...:laugh:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Don't try to spoil.... Soo sorry Sakurai. I saw it.

Soo sad that the most of the secrets character are just veterans and 2 REAL newcomers and clones..............

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
SO. . .

Smashboards is going to have detailed patch notes if Sakurai/Namco isn't going to post them somewhere, right?!

AND YAY CONFIRMATION OF PATCHES WOOOO!

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Yeah, Sakurai's PotDs aren't as good as most other games' PotDs. Oh wait a sec, there aren't any other games that I know of that have them.

While not every PotD is ground breaking, it still has us coming and looking at the site every day without fail, yeah? Isn't that part of the definition of marketing; to keep someone interested enough in a product via forms of announcements and advertising?

We're lucky we even get PotDs. Heaven knows that there are enough people who complain about them; we don't deserve them.

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
Or Maybe his inner smash hype left his body, Don't blame the guy his game was leaked almost three weeks before release, so maybe he's just throwing out pic of the days cause Mr. LEAKER had to f*** us over for crying out loud they made the man literally put the title of shulks newcomer video "it looks like we don't have a choice!"

Geno Boost

Smash Master

get ready sakurai:demon:
i changed my profile picture cuz i am mad :evil:
if geno isnt a DLC or trophy then... i should wait 6/7 years just to see geno back in a game

Last edited:

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
"Smash 4 should have a replay-sharing feature like Pokémon X. That'd be awesome." -My status, August 15

Well whilst you guys complain about the menus, I'm getting HYPED here! Do you see what's in the picture? The greatest feature in the whole game!

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I think Sakurai doesn't knows that American Smashers are all over Japan and that he thinks were are not smart enough to spy on Japan to know what's going on. But I could care less, Ness is back!

CCTANK93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CCTANK93
3DS FC
4296-3062-4792
Is it just me or does the World Status screen look an awful lot like the Tekken Tag 2 online menu?

Top Bottom