• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - October 1st

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. This is the Orbital Gate stage. This is a Wii U version-exclusive stage reenacting Team Star Fox's defense of the Orbital Gate from an Aparoid missile attack."

"Missiles are launched towards the Orbital Gate! The force field shields the machinery for a while, and the missiles eventually get shot down by team Star Fox. Overall, this stage feels like a ride. It's pretty hectic, so hold on tight!"

"The Arwings are passing through the gate! And the fighters hop on for a free ride!!"

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Beautiful stage, but a bit hectic.

I hope the Wii U version has stages that are a bit more ... tournament viable. This one may be okay but let's be real - probably has a hazard or some ceiling spike or some Arwing that flies offstage really fast.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
It's beautiful. *w*

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I'm going to Gentlemen's clause the living **** out of this stage if it gets banned.

EDIT:
Dunno if it'll be updated yet, so here's the rest of the PotD

"Missiles are launched towards the Orbital Gate! The force field shields the machinery for a while, and the missiles eventually get shot down by team Star Fox. Overall, this stage feels like a ride. It's pretty hectic, so hold on tight!"

"The Arwings are passing through the gate! And the fighters hop on for a free ride!!"

Last edited:

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
Absolutely gorgeous looking stage. I don't have too many personal memories of Assault itself, but I'm really excited to play on this one if only for the visual eye candy! :) And the songs will be fantastic as well I'm sure!

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
Wow, beautiful! It'll be sad without Wolf since the Star Wolf team actually helps Fox on the final missions against the Aparoid Queen :(

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I think we should establish a new rule where a stage can be legal in competitive play if it looks absolutely badass.

WaveDashCash

Smash Apprentice
If this stage were a woman, it'd be a real FOXy lady. ;)
I loved Star Fox Assault. Only person I knew who did.
Sad that 3DS just got Corneria again, though...

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Beautiful stage, but a bit hectic.

I hope the Wii U version has stages that are a bit more ... tournament viable. This one may be okay but let's be real - probably has a hazard or some ceiling spike or some Arwing that flies offstage really fast.
How do you define "tournament viable @ RelaxAlax RelaxAlax ?"

I'd spend money to beat people on this stage.

Zurf

Smash Cadet
So does this prove the leak about Tower of Smash and linking the games together?

The leak predicted that Game and Wario and Castle Siege would be stages, along with a "Great Fox" stage.

Is this that stage?

If so...Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie, Chorus men, Impa Confirmed!:troll:

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
In space, no one can hear you SETTLE IT IN SMASH

So yeah this stage looks amazing.

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
Why posting these POTD so late though Smashboards? It has been forever...

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
This looks like Pilot Wings on steroids. And
It
Is
GLORIOUS!
#MakeItTournamentViable

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
I really like the look of this stage. Argh, why is the Wii U version so tempting when I already have the 3DS! Someone give me 300 dollars for a Wii U >_<

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Oh my gosh... SO happy to see Starfox getting some representation. This stage is absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to see it in action!

CCTANK93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CCTANK93
3DS FC
4296-3062-4792
If this stage were a woman, it'd be a real FOXy lady. ;)
I loved Star Fox Assault. Only person I knew who did.
Sad that 3DS just got Corneria again, though...
I loved Assault too man. Especially the multiplayer. This stage represents like one of the most epic parts of the story mode too. Can't wait for this game.

RedRambo4

Smash Cadet
I can see an intense 1v1, no items, battle going on between Fox and Wolf (if only he were here) on this stage, with cool music and shots going off in the background. And even though the landscape keeps changing they'd just go with the flow and fight.

Genexican

Smash Cadet
Sorry for being 'that guy', but what exactly does this say for the whole ToS Leak? I mean... It appears you spend at least 1/3 of the stage actually ON the Great Fox, so it isn't exactly deconfirmed just yet, I guess?

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
I honestly think this looks like something out of an XBox 360 or PS3 game, where everything is all spacy, metal and s**t.

Top Bottom