• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - May 7th

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Also in Brawl all the trophies were either, Assist trophy or Playable character, or item, or monster for Subspace, etc....

There were only a few Trophies that weren't in gameplay, but those trophies were really really old games. Which Wonderful 101 isn't.

I'm increasing his chances of W 101 to be playable or Assist Trophy. But if he was Assist Trophy, why wouldn't he show us like he did with Dillon.

hmmm........

its hard to believe a new series for the Wii U would be just a "Trophy" for the game. especially when Dillon got in as an assist trophy.

Last edited:

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Also in Brawl all the trophies were either, Assist trophy or Playable character, or item, or monster for Subspace, etc....

There were only a few Trophies that weren't in gameplay, but those trophies were really really old games. Which Wonderful 101 isn't.

I'm increasing his chances of W 101 to be playable or Assist Trophy. But if he was Assist Trophy, why wouldn't he show us like he did with Dillon.

hmmm........

its hard to believe a new series for the Wii U would be just a "Trophy" for the game.
That's not true, there were many trophies that were not assist trophies, items, or playable character, we even have a full list of 24 trophies of animal crossing (where 1 was an AT and 1 item), we even had 3 AC trophies in melee (Note: is true that in Brawl almost all of those trophies can be seen in the Smashville stage)

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
That's not true, there were many trophies that were not assist trophies, items, or playable character, we even have a full list of 24 trophies of animal crossing (where 1 was an AT and 1 item), we even had 3 AC trophies in melee (Note: is true that in Brawl almost all of those trophies can be seen in the Smashville stage)
give me an example?

cuz most of them were shown in gameplay in some form including stage elements.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Having him in as a regular trophy, confirms he's 2nd Party (Nintendo owns the IP, but Platinum Studios was the 1s who funded the game).

Here's hoping he'll get in the next Smash Bros (should there be a 5th installment).

And with 3rd Gen Remakes finally happening, they should have gotten a rep (to hype the new games), maybe Pokémon will up the rep count to 7 (the current 4 that are already in, add in Jigglypuff, Mewtwo and then add in someone from Gen III in).

Last edited:

SpiderJerusalem

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NewBabel
3DS FC
4124-5499-0990
Actually Greninja was a really likely character (Favorite starter pokemon of the last generation....), you're right about Wii Fit Trainer, but still... i'm pretty sure these take out Wonderfull 101 from the possible character list.
People weren't putting Greninja over Mewtwo though, that's for sure.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
People weren't putting Greninja over Mewtwo though, that's for sure.
Well people hoped for Mewtwo and are still hoping to see him in the game (i'm one of those) but we knew that we were going to have a new pokemon of these generation (or at least that was expected, some where saying adding a new pokemon and taking out Lucario to add Mewtow and others were talking about the possibility of changing the Pokemon Trainer pokemons)

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
I have a couple:

Oks... need more? there are a couple more examples Note: all those games (excluding Mach Riders were recent)
besides really old games, I mentioned that in my first comment about this topic......

Last edited:

Maxilian

Smash Ace
besides really old games, I mentioned that in my first comment about this topic......
Old games?

SSBB came out 1/31/08
The last Ouendan came out 17/5/07
Another Code came out 26/9/05 but another one came out early 2009
Elite Beat Agents came out 1/7/07 in Europe
Hotel Dusk came out 13/4/07 and another one came out in 2010
Chibi-Robot came out 2/10/07
Magical Starsign came out 2/9/07 in Europe

Also they released the Mach Rider in the virtual console 25/5/07

those are a couple... all of them a couple of months old (maybe a year if you want to put it that way) but now lets check how old is Wonderful 101, ir came out 15/9/13

So... no, they were not old games when Brawl came out, they are old now >.>

Note: In all the cases i took the last game of that title (the last chibi-robot -DS-, the last Another Code -Wii-)

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Old games?

SSBB came out 1/31/08
The last Ouendan came out 17/5/07
Another Code came out 26/9/05 but another one came out early 2009
Elite Beat Agents came out 1/7/07 in Europe
Hotel Dusk came out 13/4/07 and another one came out in 2010
Chibi-Robot came out 2/10/07
Magical Starsign came out 2/9/07 in Europe

Also they released the Mach Rider in the virtual console 25/5/07

those are a couple... all of them a couple of months old (maybe a year if you want to put it that way) but now lets check how old is Wonderful 101, ir came out 15/9/13

So... no, they were not old games when Brawl came out, they are old now >.>

Note: In all the cases i took the last game of that title (the last chibi-robot -DS-, the last Another Code -Wii-)
Well there not fighting potential that's for sure, but we have wii fit trainer in this game so blugh, ur right. lol

BladeOFLucas

Smash Journeyman
:crazy:It would have been really interesting to see the play dynamic if he were a playable character, but at least for now I think it was good placing him as an assist trophy. Wonder how many Wonderful Ones they will put in as ATs

Last edited:

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
:crazy:It would have been really interesting to see the play dynamic if he were a playable character, but at least for now I think it was good placing him as an assist trophy. Wonder how many Wonderful Ones they will put in as ATs
This is just a trophy. Not assist trophy my friend.

NNID
Majorasmask66
guys so because theres a trophy of him that means hes not playable!? am i the only one that remembers since melee that EVERY playable character had a trophy? i dont know but ever since ssb4 was announced, the smash community has had the strangest mind set.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
guys so because theres a trophy of him that means hes not playable!? am i the only one that remembers since melee that EVERY playable character had a trophy? i dont know but ever since ssb4 was announced, the smash community has had the strangest mind set.
It's a known fact to all of us that every fighter has trophies. We aren't saying it's impossible, we're just saying it very, very unlikely that Sakurai would show us the trophy of a playable character, especially a newcomer like Wonder Red, which would be a relativity big shock of a choice and one that could generate hype, before ANYTHING else. Notice how all the other new comers have had trailers and cinematic (cept wii fit) to make you excited for them during the directs and at E3. There is a surprise factor in that. Why wouldn't they do that with wonder red? To trick us? For what? it wouldn't make any sense if THIS was the first look we get at a newcomer

Last edited:

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
I wasn't a supporter, nor have I played The Wonderful 101, but this still made me a little sad. He would've been a pretty cool character to play as I think.

NNID
Majorasmask66
It's a known fact to all of us that every fighter has trophies. We aren't saying it's impossible, we're just saying it very, very unlikely that Sakurai would show us the trophy of a playable character, especially a newcomer like Wonder Red, which would be a relativity big shock of a choice and one that could generate hype, before ANYTHING else. Notice how all the other new comers have had trailers and cinematic (cept wii fit) to make you excited for them during the directs and at E3. There is a surprise factor in that. Why wouldn't they do that with wonder red? To trick us? For what? it wouldn't make any sense if THIS was the first look we get at a newcomer
But a trophy is very far from that of something like a small in game snip of his playable model. This is in no way a early small look at a character but rather a hint at one. its far from a slight look at an in game character so its far more likley to be a hint. By showing this he can surprise people even more if they feel hes deconfirmed. While i dont feel hes deconfirmed by this, considering we know there will be multiple wonderful 101 trophies, its safe to say that the franchise will be somewhat significant. mabye not playable but if its represented as its own section of the trophies we know it must have some standard atleast. but so did animal crossing in brawl and there was no playable character for animal crossing. the difference here is wonder red is a fighter type person in his game. unlike the villager who was too peaceful. so while yes there is a trophy, a trophy is is no way comparable to a early look at a character. welp thats what i believe.

Last edited:

Adond

Smash Rookie
NNID
Adond
3DS FC
4055-4803-1437
Would make sense being him as an assist trophy instead of a character.

Top Bottom