• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - May 7th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. Fight! The Wonderful 100!! We also made trophies of some of the other Wonderful Ones."

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Im honestly a little confused. Never thought Wonder Red would be in, but if he did, would he be a third party character? I thought he was, but this makes me question that.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Im honestly a little confused. Never thought Wonder Red would be in, but if he did, would he be a third party character? I thought he was, but this makes me question that.
Wonderful 101 is second party I believe, but it's a Nintendo IP.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
My condolences to the supporters.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Nintendo owns the IP, they gave Platinum Games a bag of cash and told them to make a game for the Wii U

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Nintendo owns the IP, they gave Platinum Games a bag of cash and told them to make a game for the Wii U
Makes sense. Thanks for the info guys! Just because of this, Im pretty sad that he didnt make it in. Unless this doesnt deconfirm him... lol

Scatz

Smash Champion
Just for the record people. This is just a trophy. This does not state whether it's an assist trophy or not. He could very well be in as a hidden character and Sakurai would be tricking us into thinking that he's out.

Kipcom

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kipcom
3DS FC
4725-7977-1418
Just for the record people. This is just a trophy. This does not state whether it's an assist trophy or not. He could very well be in as a hidden character and Sakurai would be tricking us into thinking that he's out.
Indeed. Playable characters get their own trophies as well, so it could be a trick.

Sakurai you mastermind, you. :cool:

infomon

Smash Scientist
Don't get their hopes up :D

though I don't know who this character is..... what game is this from?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Doubtful. You'll notice that his pose is identical to that of his official render in his own game. Smash fighters tend to have their renders for Smash look distinct from their official renders from their own games.

He could still be an Assist Trophy, though. Or maybe the whole team will be an Assist Trophy.

Negalith

Smash Cadet
Wonderful 101. Awesome looking game. Just ordered it actually, and from what I've seen, I kind of hoped that one of the Wonderful 101 would be in Smash because they're pretty cool and very original. Thought for sure one of these characters would make it in. Hope this is just a psych out though and that one of them is playable. So much you could do with these characters.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
You're specting too much, is true that these may not take him out of the AT list but it does take him out of the playable character list

KMAL

Smash Apprentice
I knew it. I love wonder red though. If he's a character wouldn't he be third party? I really want him to be a character.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
I knew it. I love wonder red though. If he's a character wouldn't he be third party? I really want him to be a character.
Na he wouldn't, he would be second party (the idea of second party doesn't really exist, is just a form to say it so... yeah he's a first party but just call him a second party to make it easier to understand)

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I never supported him, but I feel sorry for his supporters. He didn't even make it in as an Assist Trophy, unlike Dillon.

Oh, and some awesome news I want you to post: RUBY & SAPPHIRE REMAKES CONFIRMED!!!

Last edited:

Uffe

Smash Hero
Indeed. Playable characters get their own trophies as well, so it could be a trick.

Sakurai you mastermind, you. :cool:
I was thinking this last night. That's not to say that all he'll be is a trophy, but you never really know.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
one down, 99 assist trophies more to go.....ISAAC YOU CAN MAKE IT!!!

lol :p

SpiderJerusalem

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NewBabel
3DS FC
4124-5499-0990
You're specting too much, is true that these may not take him out of the AT list but it does take him out of the playable character list
So any characters with trophies can't be in the roster? I guess this game has no fighters then

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Awwwww YEAHHH!!
So i guess we can receive trophies from other 3rd party like Bayonetta, and such.
I don't know how many times people said this, but u know.....

Wonderful 101 is considered FIRST-PARTY!

I'm gona pull the trigger.....

So no BEYONETTA

SpiderJerusalem

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NewBabel
3DS FC
4124-5499-0990
No, not at all... we all know that all playable character have trophies but remenber that they have never shown a trophie of a playable character, it can happen but is really unlikely :shyguy:
Well just remember that Smash is all about defying what "likely" is! Nobody would ever have suspected Wii Fit Trainer as a character, and Greninja was not high on the "most likely" characters either :cool:

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Well just remember that Smash is all about defying what "likely" is! Nobody would ever have suspected Wii Fit Trainer as a character, and Greninja was not high on the "most likely" characters either :cool:
Actually Greninja was a really likely character (Favorite starter pokemon of the last generation....), you're right about Wii Fit Trainer, but still... i'm pretty sure these take out Wonderfull 101 from the possible character list.

Top Bottom