• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - June 27th

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
You don't think they're already planning some sort of easy sharing system? Nintendo's been doing that stuff for years.
I assume they've asked themselves this, yeah. I'm still going to question it though. As it stands I can see playing at a friend's house and using your mii on their Wii U to not be a problem. But at a tournament with a lot of wii U systems, it would be very inconvenient and tedious.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Why are the Miis wearing work gloves? Just awful. Use a gi or something.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
i don't understand the problem about the mii's... they're not available for online play anyways, so there won't be any OP issue on that part.

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
Then you might not have seen how long it takes some people to create a Mii (a friend of my takes forever to create one, even if they are just making an exact copy of the one on their Wii on my Wii...) While most people could create a Mii quickly, a small percent of people taking a long time might really through a wrench in the gears.
not if you can transfer your miis with a wiimote/3DS

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Then you might not have seen how long it takes some people to create a Mii (a friend of my takes forever to create one, even if they are just making an exact copy of the one on their Wii on my Wii...) While most people could create a Mii quickly, a small percent of people taking a long time might really through a wrench in the gears.
Oh no. In tournaments people shouldn't be allowed to make their own mii from scratch The TOs should have a few default Miis of each weight class already set up.
I was referring to choosing specials.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
Japanese post had a second caption!

Masahiro Sakurai said:
ところで! 6月28日(土)、29日(日)次世代ワールドホビーフェア'14において、『スマブラ』が日本国内初出展されますよ。 くわしくは、こちら↓

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/event/whf2014summer/index.html
Masahiro Sakurai said:
"By the way! June 28 (Saturday) and June 29 (Sunday) is the Next Generation World Hobby Fair '14. This will be Japan's first exhibit of the new "Super Smash Bros." For details, see the page below."

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/event/whf2014summer/index.html

simpleglitch

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1907-8424-2856
not if you can transfer your miis with a wiimote/3DS
I mentioned above the possibility of amibos being used to transfer Miis (I could picture a 'blank' Mii amibo that you couldn't customize Mr Potatohead style...) :)

How seamless is it to transfer miis from the 3ds to WiiU (don't have a WiiU yet so I haven't tired it out)?

Chaos Archangel

Smash Cadet
Now there comes the question about height versus weight. By "bigger" did Sakurai mean bigger around the waist or taller? Some characters like Rosalina are taller but not very heavy, whereas Wario is shorter but heavier.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I still don't get why they aren't usable online with anyone. They've got to have a default moveset, right? It can't be because of inappropriate Miis either, since the past 3 Mario Kart games let you use whatever Miis online.
Pretty sure you can get banned from online play with inappropriate miis in Mario Kart, even more so with the Mario Kart 8.

So it's a catch all to stop it.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
So with the possibility of over 700+ characters in terms of customization of Miis now (if they have weight classes similar to Mario Kart) how in the world are we going to make these work at tournaments? Heck, how would we even do them on a tier list?
A tier list comprising of only those guys would be a feat.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
I don't understand why people want to ban these from tournaments without playing them first and testing them out. It's just lazy.

simpleglitch

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1907-8424-2856
We probably would only include effective movesets in the tier list. With so many combinations, there has got to be a majority that don't work well, or are to specialized in doing one thing. At least I hope so... otherwise this is going to get crazy, because don't forget a lot of other characters (all?) are getting customization moves as well (Airbender DK!!!).

Rambeard

Smash Apprentice
Mii's, in essence, are a good idea for Smash Bros., but I can't help but feel that they'll be completely useless. They'll never be used unless it's a trolling friendly.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Personally I like the miis. Should have default (premade) miis in the game for online n tourneys.
Anyways... BRING BACK WOLF!!!

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I still don't get why they aren't usable online with anyone. They've got to have a default moveset, right? It can't be because of inappropriate Miis either, since the past 3 Mario Kart games let you use whatever Miis online.
Because of this:

...and other similar situations.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I wonder if the black Miis run faster... hmmm

Last edited:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I look forward to seeing how much of a drastic change there is from being the shortest Mii, to the heaviest Mii. I'm going to have to make at least 3 different Miis just to compare. Usually I like speedy characters like Fox, but sometimes I like a slow heavy hitter like Ike. Other times I just want something more balanced.
Still looking forward to playing the Mii Fighters.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
With this addition to Miis, I both like it and dislike it. I like that there is a cool variety and that size makes a difference instead of everybody having the same size mii no matter what that all do the same types of things. It's cool that there is attention to detail to things like that. Incoming Shmiik style mii fighters.

The thing that I dislike is that I feel like they are doing so much for the miis that it could potentially be taking away from other characters. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. What it basically comes down to is what could be done if it was universal. People would be mad about the lack of diversity, but might get some newcomer information about Palutena and maybe a space bird coming back.

Nevertheless, I'm kind of indifferent only because my moods cancel each other out. There's ups and downs. At least it's something new!

Jehu

Smash Rookie
Calling it now: Mii-only tournaments. It'll be its own fun subcategory of Smash. The love child of Pokemon and Smash: where you have to guess your opponents moves and adapt to a changing environment. Thus we begin the search for the Golden Moveset.

Last edited:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Calling it now: Mii-only tournaments. It'll be its own fun subcategory of Smash. The love child of Pokemon and Smash: where you have to guess your opponents moves and adapt to a changing environment. Thus we begin the search for the Golden Moveset.
I will watch the heck out of Mii only tournaments. Probably not as much as normal smash (afterall I like seeing all the characters), but I'll still spend a lot of time on that.

So sad really. If they left out weight, Mii could have been in comp with a little rule placement.
Hilarious video. Though, it does show one of the reasons why I can only watch competitive play a 1/4 of the time before it bores the heck out of me.
Why would the weight ban the Mii Fighters anyways though? You can visually see what the Miis weight is just by looking at their size.

Last edited:

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
Well in theory we could have the best combination of each type somewhere on the list, but now that even the weights can change that's going to be WAY more difficult.
Or we could just do what PM did and NOT have a tier list lol. All it does is make prople scream "TIRES DON EXITS" and as the metagame advances, the conpetitive players will know who the better characters are anyway

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
It's not complicated. It just begs for more prep time which is problematic. The wii U's you play at tournaments are not going to have your mii ready to go. Now that height plays a role now, it's super important that a player has their specific mii on hand. You can't just choose a regular mii that they have on their wii U's. It may not be the same height as yours.
That's an advantage of SSB43DS, you have your preparations done on the go.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Or we could just do what PM did and NOT have a tier list lol. All it does is make prople scream "TIRES DON EXITS" and as the metagame advances, the conpetitive players will know who the better characters are anyway
It wont happen. People will make home made ones at worst, might as well try to use data or anything to make it right.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
There's probably three sizes, and I'd guess the size changes don't effect specials because that's the simplest solution.

Ten-to-one, the fast Miis will be the only ones used. I honestly don't see more then one set for each class being used either. I like the idea of customization, but I can already tell it won't matter much in the end since everybody will use the best set.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
It wont happen. People will make home made ones at worst, might as well try to use data or anything to make it right.
And who in the right mind would take some low level player's list as credible? :p

But yeah, I see your point. It just rubs me the wrong way when I see people say "how will this affect tier lists? We won't be able to make one!" as if a tier list is COMPULSORY to competitive play. Inevitable? Probably. Compulsory? No.

Jehu

Smash Rookie
  • okay I worked it out... 84 different move combinations per class. 252 total move combinations, but looking through the lens of size, speed and power (assuming there are only three variances in size... small, medium, and large)... there are 756 different miis and thus 756 ways to play....crazy

Top Bottom