• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - June 27th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. Some of the physical characteristics of Miis get carried over when you use them as Mii Fighters. The smaller ones become speed fighters and the bigger ones are more akin to power fighters."

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Those Miis look like they're about to beat up Mario and take his spot on the roster.

And, judging from today's update, they might as well.

Last edited:

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
I know some people didn't want this to happen, but I like it. We can essentially create our own character from scratch however we like.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I hope the customization is better than in mario kart wii. My personal mii is the smallest size but the biggest weight, so he looks little round and cute, but in mario kart he's a hulking behemoth :O

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
I really want to see the Miis playable at tournaments. It'll be fun to see all the different customizable fighters going head to head.

Until someone discovers that one that is so good everyone starts using it.

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
When Miis have better specials and options than Mario, you know somethings wrong.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
The customization is really interesting. I highly doubt that miis will be in competitive play though.
That should not be a problem. Tourney people just have default miis for players to use (small and big sizes) then have the Miis use thier default moveset. Like in the E3 video going over them they should simply use the first column of moves just like all the other characters and bam Mii fighter is a ok.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
So with the possibility of over 700+ characters in terms of customization of Miis now (if they have weight classes similar to Mario Kart) how in the world are we going to make these work at tournaments? Heck, how would we even do them on a tier list?

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Miiiiii would like to play

EDIT - It just hit me...Dwayne Wade confirmed.

Last edited:

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
I still don't get why they aren't usable online with anyone. They've got to have a default moveset, right? It can't be because of inappropriate Miis either, since the past 3 Mario Kart games let you use whatever Miis online.

Zebkeet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ivan_Revi_Adames
So with the possibility of over 700+ characters in terms of customization of Miis now (if they have weight classes similar to Mario Kart) how in the world are we going to make these work at tournaments? Heck, how would we even do them on a tier list?
I guess miis' will have their own tier list? Like three separate ones. Oh, crap...

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I guess miis' will have their own tier list? Like three separate ones. Oh, crap...
Well in theory we could have the best combination of each type somewhere on the list, but now that even the weights can change that's going to be WAY more difficult.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
That should not be a problem. Tourney people just have default miis for players to use (small and big sizes) then have the Miis use thier default moveset. Like in the E3 video going over them they should simply use the first column of moves just like all the other characters and bam Mii fighter is a ok.
Yeah but would they actually let you take the time to make your mii on that wii U at a tournament? Plus what if you used all 3 different kinds of miis? Having to go to the wii U menu for each wii U you play on to make those miis would be super annoying and time consuming.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
Simple. There won't be a tier list. You'd just have to study every move and adapt. I think the game would be better off this way to be honest.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
I really want to see the Miis playable at tournaments. It'll be fun to see all the different customizable fighters going head to head.

Until someone discovers that one that is so good everyone starts using it.
I worry that'll happen, but chances are it won't. You see, people will have to make the Miis themselves which of course takes too much time (referring to tournaments and making them at the event).

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Simple. There won't be a tier list. You'd just have to study every move and adapt. I think the game would be better off this way to be honest.
No, there would still be better and worse characters, you won't eliminate the tier list. The issue might be since they are that extremely unpredictable and difficult to learn (I mean 700+ variations is a tad much, even Mario with custom moves keeps some thing a bit more stable) so everyone just starts choosing them since they are the most adaptable of all character, centralizing our metagame horribly. Miis could be the next MK but worse.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
I still don't get why they aren't usable online with anyone. They've got to have a default moveset, right? It can't be because of inappropriate Miis either, since the past 3 Mario Kart games let you use whatever Miis online.
because no one wants to fight against celebrities and ugly designed Mii's... there's a lot of ugly heads in Mario Kart 8 already when i play online and i really don't want to see them in smash bros too... and i'm not the only one thinking that way...

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
I worry that'll happen, but chances are it won't. You see, people will have to make the Miis themselves which of course takes too much time (referring to tournaments and making them at the event).
Yeah but would they actually let you take the time to make your mii on that wii U at a tournament? Plus what if you used all 3 different kinds of miis? Having to go to the wii U menu for each wii U you play on to make those miis would be super annoying and time consuming.
DEFAULT MIIS as in they will provide them ones already on the system ready to go. It's called "pre-planning" people. Also if you have played Mario Kart picking a Mii is super simple. Pick the Mii icon/character, select the Mii to use, and then play. Shouldn't be complicated at all for Smash.

simpleglitch

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1907-8424-2856
Maybe they will provide a way to order custom Mii amibos? I can't help but wonder if part of the reason for amibos is to provide a way to carry customized fights (to actually play as, not just for computer allies). /purely speculation

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
I hope the customization is better than in mario kart wii. My personal mii is the smallest size but the biggest weight, so he looks little round and cute, but in mario kart he's a hulking behemoth :O
If you're worried about customization, you haven't played a smash brothers game before… =)

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
You don't think they're already planning some sort of easy sharing system? Nintendo's been doing that stuff for years.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Wouldn't take much longer than entering a name.

simpleglitch

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1907-8424-2856
Wouldn't take much longer than entering a name.
Then you might not have seen how long it takes some people to create a Mii (a friend of my takes forever to create one, even if they are just making an exact copy of the one on their Wii on my Wii...) While most people could create a Mii quickly, a small percent of people taking a long time might really through a wrench in the gears.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
DEFAULT MIIS as in they will provide them ones already on the system ready to go. It's called "pre-planning" people. Also if you have played Mario Kart picking a Mii is super simple. Pick the Mii icon/character, select the Mii to use, and then play. Shouldn't be complicated at all for Smash.
It's not complicated. It just begs for more prep time which is problematic. The wii U's you play at tournaments are not going to have your mii ready to go. Now that height plays a role now, it's super important that a player has their specific mii on hand. You can't just choose a regular mii that they have on their wii U's. It may not be the same height as yours.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
It's very cool what they're doing with the Miis, but I still don't like them fully. You can't use them online, and most of us will play online. I know you can make
offending Miis, but why not just let us use pre-made default Miis when playing online? When we can't use them online, they don't feel like real characters like the rest.... only like half-characters :(

Anyways, the customization in this game (especially with the Miis) is simply amazing!

P.S: Half-characters, 3 Miis.... Half Life 3 confirmed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom