• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 31st

D

Deleted member

Yes! Gen 5 representation(it was my favorite gen, deal with it).
But seriously Sakurai? First Zoroark appears for a split second during Greninja's trailer(unlike every other Pokemon that you can at least easily see them), then say every one of those will appear in some form and now what I always thought that would be his home stage, GODDAMNIT SAKURAI! Just show him already, don't raise my hopes and dreams just to crush them later :cry:

herbmaster%

my dankchu is 420XX
3DS FC
2836-1534-7477
Resheram is so cool! Resheram<Mewtwo≤Giratina≤Darkrai but the fact that I'm comparing Resheram to those other pokemon is proof enough that there's coolness within it, yeah?

D

Deleted member

This music better play on this stage
Yes, I know it's Kyurem's theme, but we only have 2 songs per stage and if Sakurai dares to make Reshiram and Zekrom's theme those 2(which are basically the same)...
And this one too, please
Gen 5 has so many good tracks, at least Gen 6 will be able to get a ton of them thanks to the E4 stage on the Wii U

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice
Maybe this is a sign of Whimsicott replacing Jigglypuff
I actually have thought about this before. Being a Jigglypuff main I would miss her SO MUCH, but I wouldn't complain that Whimsicott was selected instead! I love the lil guy! It would bring a grass AND fairy rep to the game and plus he is amazing and could have a great potential moveset!

Although it is super unlikely, and I would miss Jigglypuff so much, I would be happy that one of my other favorite Pokemon (Whimsicott) would be in this incredible roster!

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Just throwing this out there like a poke' ball

Milotic as a playable character would be so cool

as I have learned through this whole smash Pic of The Day Stuff

Expect the unexpected bros and sisis

Derekburn

Smash Apprentice
Everyone says that they want sceptile as the grass type playable pokemon for ssb4, but am I the only one who would like Serperior instead? I mean there is literally no other character like serperior and wouldn't it be awesome to control a snake? no, not Solid snake, but an actual snake! I think it would be cool, and plus serperior would be the most graceful pokemon to be playable. I would definitely use serperior.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
While 5th gen is my least favorite gen game wise (it's still a pretty good gen), I am ALREADY loving this stage. This was my favorite area in White 1.

I guess Milotic will be the new Cresselia of Smash Bros (as Cresselia had nothing to do with Spear Pillar). Not complaining at all, but I am a TAD bit puzzled. Ah well, looking forward to playing on this with the great music! :)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So we have have two confirmed Pokemon stages for the 3DS representing the two newest generations. I expect it to function a bit like Spear Pillar but with obvious differences.

Reshiram could use "Blue Flare" to bring fiery ruin onto the stage and cause the stage to be caught on fire. After Reshiram leaves the stage, the fire vanishes.
Kyurem could use Zekrom which could use "Bolt Strike" to cause lightning to course throughout the stage; electrocuting anyone caught in the current.
Reshiram and Zekrom could both also appear together. Reshiram and Z ekrom could both perform "Fusion Flare" and "Fusion Bolt" to burn and electrocute the players thus maximizing the damage.

I question as to why Milotic was included but I assume it could be that Milotic has a yet to be revealed connection with those two, it has a new Mega Evolution in OR and AS, or just to fill in a Eater-type. Milotic could use the move "Aqua Rung" to envelope characters in bubbles so they can regain health or maybe just "Hydro Pump".

I wouldn't be surprised if we also saw Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus also appear on the stage in some way.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Whats with Sakurai and taking pictures of Stages at odd angles? First Great fox and now this!

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
This means 2 things:

1. Jigglypuff confirmed.

2. Mewtwo confirmed. Hopefully.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I'd like if they'd take Zekrom's rockin theme from Pokepark 2 for this stage. That theme is so awesome, and is one of my favorite themes in Pokemon. Never expected that from a game with a rainbow on the cover.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPRXNgKAs0M

I'll probably like this stage. I see people comparing this to Spear Pillar, I don't think it'll be like that (also **** Dialga's time slowing, and Palkia's screen flipping. I can deal with everything else, but I hate those two moves). We'll just have to see!

As for Reshiram and Zekrom themselves. Nice to see them, I can't tell if I hate their designs or not. There's a lot I like, and a lot I dislike about their designs. They're rediculously wide tails is a major drawback because of a comment of someone saying they look like a big fart or a jet engine, I cannot unsee this.

Milotic seems pretty random, but I'm not really up-to-date enough on newer pokemon games, I only look at all the new pokemon and features. So I wouldn't know if Milotic ever did anything special besides being one of the big baddies "tough" pokemon in Pokemon colloseum (and was the toughest pokemon in the whole game to kill due to it's high HP, status effects, and decent damage), and being one of the elite 4's pokemon as well. Whenever I see a Milotic in a game now I just say "damnit!" because it's always far stronger than everything else around that level. I'm happy Milotic is in though, it ranks pretty high in my favorite pokemon (not top 10 pokemon, but at least it's in the top 5 for it's gen)

Also, I love Sakurai's little trolly comment. Never change Sakurai. :bubblebobble:

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
I am so happy for this stage. I already love it and I've only seen one screenshot. Now if only we can get one more Pokemon stage.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I am so happy for this stage. I already love it and I've only seen one screenshot. Now if only we can get one more Pokemon stage.
Why? We already have Luminous City.

I want to see something Mother related thats not an item for once.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I'd like if they'd take Zekrom's rockin theme from Pokepark 2 for this stage. That theme is so awesome, and is one of my favorite themes in Pokemon. Never expected that from a game with a rainbow on the cover.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPRXNgKAs0M

I'll probably like this stage. I see people comparing this to Spear Pillar, I don't think it'll be like that (also **** Dialga's time slowing, and Palkia's screen flipping. I can deal with everything else, but I hate those two moves). We'll just have to see!

As for Reshiram and Zekrom themselves. Nice to see them, I can't tell if I hate their designs or not. There's a lot I like, and a lot I dislike about their designs. They're rediculously wide tails is a major drawback because of a comment of someone saying they look like a big fart or a jet engine, I cannot unsee this.

Milotic seems pretty random, but I'm not really up-to-date enough on newer pokemon games, I only look at all the new pokemon and features. So I wouldn't know if Milotic ever did anything special besides being one of the big baddies "tough" pokemon in Pokemon colloseum (and was the toughest pokemon in the whole game to kill due to it's high HP, status effects, and decent damage), and being one of the elite 4's pokemon as well. Whenever I see a Milotic in a game now I just say "damnit!" because it's always far stronger than everything else around that level. I'm happy Milotic is in though, it ranks pretty high in my favorite pokemon (not top 10 pokemon, but at least it's in the top 5 for it's gen)

Also, I love Sakurai's little trolly comment. Never change Sakurai. :bubblebobble:
Milotic was the signature Pokémon of Wallace, the final Gym Leader in Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire and the Champion in Pokémon Emerald. Milotic was also the poster Pokémon for Pokémon Contests which were introduced that generation. When first released, it was an extremely rare and powerful Pokémon. Its pre-evolution, Feebas could only be obtained in six random tiles within the entire game that changed randomly. To evolve Feebas, one would have to max its beauty stat and the level it up. Milotic was almost unparalleled in battle and in contests.

Last edited:

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
Why? We already have Luminous City.

I want to see something Mother related thats not an item for once.
I dunno. I like it when I see a Pokemon stage that's not a stadium into smash bros. Pretty similar to everyone else's stage wishes.

And I agree with you. 100%. That's the reason I want Ness back. The only thing that's Earthbound in SSb4 so far is Mr. Saturn. They could at least show off a trophy.

Soul.

I dunno. I like it when I see a Pokemon stage that's not a stadium into smash bros. Pretty similar to everyone else's stage wishes.

And I agree with you. 100%. That's the reason I want Ness back. The only thing that's Earthbound in SSb4 so far is Mr. Saturn. They could at least show off a trophy.
We got the Franklin Badge too, which means that Lucas is coming back. The Item comes from Mother 3, I think.

3DS:

Wii U:

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
We got the Franklin Badge too, which means that Lucas is coming back. The Item comes from Mother 3, I think.

3DS:

Wii U:
Actually, no. It comes from Earthbound. (Mother 2) However, it made a return in Mother 3.
It could go either way.

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Maybe Milotic is Sakurai's favorite pokémon hehe

Kinda like the possible showing of his cat in the Nintendogs (and cats) stage...

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
Gotta say... when I first saw this, I thought it was Parfum Palace and that was the Reshiram statue come to life, but then I read and I was like, "N's Castle, totally N's Castle." the badassery here is real. Why Milotic, though? Seems a little random but okay, are-third gen rep so far, I accept. :joyful:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
But Animal Crossing and Wii Fit and Hannenbrow sounds Smashy?
Uh no? I didn't mention those did I? But yeah they aren't that smashy... though animal crossing had some good themes really. Hanenbow was never played here.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Why does everybody wants Jigglypuff axed?! She may be "irrelevant" and "part of tradition", but killing people by sleeping on their friggin heads and doing the wall of pain is very fun. But...in Brawl she really sucks. Also, N's Castle? Great idea. XY is taking up the spotlight and is nice to see some love for Gen 5. I don't understand why people hate Gen 5, it has good story for a Pokemon game, some nice Pokemon, and good charcters (N is great). You just criticize Gen 5 for Vanillite, Klank and Trubbish, they DO suck in every level and are uncreative, but what about Muk, Voltorb and Magnemite?
Gen V produced a bunch of good Pokémon (Bisharp (Dark/Steel is an awesome typing although keep it away from Fighting types), Golurk (who doesn't love a Ghost/Ground robot who can fly Iron Giant style?, plus he's bulky), Krookodile (another decent Dark type who's also Ground), Scrafty (that thing was awesome before Fairy stole the show), Volcarona (Flaming Mothra who's OP'ed at the right moments), Gothitelle (a Psychic tank you don't see those very often in the metagame, plus she's awesome, she tanked the 3 Muskeetdeers), Conkeldurr (basically a muscular derpy clown version of Machamp that has concrete pillars as weapons who's pretty awesome for the E4 run (since he can take out the Dark type member with ease) also I do agree Klink's line does leave a lot to be desired (higher Attack stat where most of it's movepool is all special based (Gamefreak dropped the ball when doing Klinklang's stats) and it's evolutionary line is rather lazy (I do like it's final form, I'm probably the only 1 here who actually likes Klinklang (I'm a sucker for mechanical looking Pokémon).

As for the Gen I Pokémon you mention, Muk reminds me a bit of a messed up Hedorah from the Godzilla series (which is also what inspired Grimer & Muk, good god that kaiju at it's base form scared the living daylights out of me when I 1st saw that movie on SyFy channel a few years back), Voltorb (Electrode is very surprisingly bulky for an Electric type and can be very useful if you know what you're doing) & Magnemite are probably 1 of my favorite Electric types from Gen I, besides Pikachu/Raichu (along with their evolved forms), especially Magnemite since he was the very 1st card I got as a kid & traded for a Pikachu card, plus look at what Magnemite's evolutionary line got in Gen IV: Megnezone (1 of my favorite Pokémon from the D/P series, alongside Lucario, Gallade & Electivire), it not about how bad the Pokémon's looks is (which some of them do have really ridiculous looks), it's how they preform in battle is what matters.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
or it could be wally's, since we could get an emerald remake and probably a mega evolution for it
Actually, yeah. Maybe we would get all champions on this one stage for some awesome background detail!

Top Bottom