• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 22nd

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Krystal completes star fox in a way, lets compare it to mario.
We have the main character = Mario/Fox
The sidekick = Luigi/Falco
The love interest = Peach/Krystal
and the villain = Bowser/Wolf
Having krystal would complete this

Also from all the star fox characters she has the most potential to be unique even if other characters use a staff, I imagine krystal would use it differently then palutena or bandana dee
Going by that logic the love interest excuse should apply to all the franchises in smash bros. Candy Kong confirmed!! Love interest was never a criteria of Sakurai ever. Like I said before Slippy is a better mascot than Falco. Falco is more of a loner anyway so calling him a sidekick makes no sense.

Also from all the star fox characters she has the most potential to be unique
Who else could work, Slippy is hated in the West, Peppy is too old, Leon and Panther will be clones
Krystal is hated in the West too. Sakurai doesn't have to add old Peppy, and anyone can end up being a clone if Sakurai decides to be lazy again.

Oh, and this is how Slippy would work:
http://smashboards.com/threads/enemy-shield-analyzed-the-slippy-toad-support-thread.328528/

This is how Krystal can end up not being unique:

Yeah, after Krystal, Star Fox will have been represented enough
Adding Krystal to complete the representation of the series doesn't complete it. There are other important characters from the series that deserve it more than her.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Going by that logic the love interest excuse should apply to all the franchises in smash bros. Candy Kong confirmed!! Love interest was never a criteria of Sakurai ever. Like I said before Slippy is a better mascot than Falco. Falco is more of a loner anyway so calling him a sidekick makes no sense.

Krystal is hated in the West too. Sakurai doesn't have to add old Peppy, and anyone can end up being a clone if Sakurai decides to be lazy again.

http://smashboards.com/threads/enemy-shield-analyzed-the-slippy-toad-support-thread.328528/

Adding Krystal to complete the representation of the series doesn't complete it. There are other important characters from the series that deserve it more than her.

You anti-Krystal supporters are stubborn,

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Yep. Not liking or supporting a character for actual reasons is being stubborn.

What's your excuse?
This means WAR!!!!!, I support Krystal because she is a). Fairly popular, 2). The most requested Star Fox newcomer, 3). She could have a unique moveset, when Krystal is revealed I'll be laughing in your face

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

I'm just saying that having that love interest/damsel would complete the representation of the series

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
This means WAR!!!!!, I support Krystal because she ia). Fairly popular, 2). The most requested Star Fox newcomer, 3). She could have a unique moveset, when Krystal is revealed I'll be laughing in your face
I respect your opinion. It will be the battle of the tears when the game comes out.:troll:

Do you have a 3ds friendcode that I could add for when the game comes out? I'm starting to add some guys here on smashboards.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I'm chuckling at this Krystal banter, I'll admit I want Krystal to be the next Star Fox rep as well and I have my reasons but I also acknowledge the reasons for why people don't want her and I can respect it. All we can really do is wait and see because this isn't all that different from the debates about Ridley and whether or not Lucina is a costume.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
For real... am i the only one still staring at this picture!? I mean HOLY ARCEUS it looks good.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

Those are just the specials which make up very little of the actual movest

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I respect your opinion. It will be the battle of the tears when the game comes out.:troll:

Do you have a 3ds friendcode that I could add for when the game comes out? I'm starting to add some guys here on smashboards.
No, but I will be getting a Wii U for Hanukkah (yeah my family is Jewish, but am I not religious)

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
I want Falco, Wolf, and Krystal in this game. They all deserve it. I hope Falco keeps the same feel he had in Brawl, Wolf needs to the stay the same cause he ISN'T a clone, and Krystal needs a bowstaff. I've said my peace.

This means WAR!!!!!, I support Krystal because she is a). Fairly popular, 2). The most requested Star Fox newcomer, 3). She could have a unique moveset, when Krystal is revealed I'll be laughing in your face

No love for slippy huh? Krystal I could care less. Enough females in the game already. Slippy would be the ultimate troll/pichu character. I wouldn't consider a small group of my little pony supporters "huge support".

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Wasn't P:M already developing a Slippy joke character?

Anyway, if there's such a thing as a joke character, it'd be cool if it was Sandbag.

SuperBoshi

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
JOHN#281
That ain't Falco :falcomelee:

Though I would like to see a Star Fox stage based on something from Star Fox Adventure or even Command for that matter !

infomon

Smash Scientist
Enough females in the game already.
Not enough females until they're pretty much equal in numbers to the males, possibly outnumbering them. Although smash is somewhat limited by the progress of the whole industry, it still certainly puts pressure on the games to include a balanced gender representation.

I don't know who Krystal is, or anything about StarFox really, but I like the idea of having her in the game, especially if she has a reasonable personality (not sex-icon or damsel-in-distress trope). Also it would pretty much ensure that she has a greater role in the next StarFox games.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Krystal_3.jpg
Not enough females until they're pretty much equal in numbers to the males, possibly outnumbering them. Although smash is somewhat limited by the progress of the whole industry, it still certainly puts pressure on the games to include a balanced gender representation.

I don't know who Krystal is, or anything about StarFox really, but I like the idea of having her in the game, especially if she has a reasonable personality (not sex-icon or damsel-in-distress trope). Also it would pretty much ensure that she has a greater role in the next StarFox games.
Krystal looks like this

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
The problem is not the roster representation of Males vs females.
The problem is that there should be more games with leading ladies, instead of them always tackling secondary roles. Smash Bros. just happens to reflect this. Although judging by SSB4's roster so far, the situation is improving dramatically.

At least most of the female characters this time aren't damsels/love interest (secondary) characters.
And gender swapping also helps. The first character we ever had in SSB to gender swap was Nana<>Popo. And now there's Villager, WFT, and Robin.

Hope they do this whenever it's possible.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Well, this is interesting. We got another stage, but little idea of how it functions. Is it a horizontal profile of the Great Fox? A vertical one, like in Melee's Venom stage? Do the Arwings factor in at all?

And could this be setting up for one of those "secrets" at the Comicon tournament? A Falco reveal, maybe? Or less likely given last week's trailer, but a newcomer?

It'd be an outside chance, but Robin got the nod over Chrom because of moveset potential. Could that help out someone who hasn't been in a game in eight years?

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
We already have WFT as the joke character
:4wiifit: isn't a joke character. I don't think anyone really is a "joke character". If Pichu would make it back I honestly would be hyped because I would never suspect Sakurai to even consider Pichu worthy of bringing back. Then people will start to complain about "muh roster slots!" or "Pichu got in over X character because I know the finalized roster! Waaah!!".
She's a recognizable sex icon as far as the furry community in the West. But in the games she's currently Fox's love interest and team member. She also has move set potential with her staff and possibly being a Rosalina/Olimar like character by commanding Tricky with her telepath ability. That last part I don't think anyone mentioned before but it would be very interesting if Tricky or other dinosaurs were involved in her move set to represent Dinosaur Planet.

Last edited:

iNinja5567

Smash Rookie
NNID
iNinja5567
3DS FC
1435-5269-0072
I wonder if this will replace the Corneria stage, or if it will return again.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
The problem is not the roster representation of Males vs females.
The problem is that there should be more games with leading ladies, instead of them always tackling secondary roles. Smash Bros. just happens to reflect this. Although judging by SSB4's roster so far, the situation is improving dramatically.

At least most of the female characters this time aren't damsels/love interest (secondary) characters.
And gender swapping also helps. The first character we ever had in SSB to gender swap was Nana<>Popo. And now there's Villager, WFT, and Robin.

Hope they do this whenever it's possible.
I agree. The females I'm hoping to make the cut are Medusa, Dixie Kong, Captain Syrup and Ms. Pac Man as an alt. Medusa and Captain Syrup would be the first playable female villains in Smash Bros, Dixie was planned in Brawl and would fight with her hair. Ms. Pac Man was the 1st female in video games so I don't think Namco would pass up the chance to have her in a game fighting with Samus or Peach. She would also be a very easy alt to make so why not go for it?

Is Mach Rider a male or female? I was thinking if Mach Rider was the next retro rep he could have the trophy redesign from melee and have the female biker as an alt.

Last edited:

war80

Smash Rookie
Well she was very highly requested, she has a unique potential moveset, and if Fire Emblem can get four reps, why can't Star Fox get four as well
ok let me see

fire emblem came out on nes, have 11 installment if you dont count remakes, have hundres of characters (im still mad with lucina being a clone) and you can make a lot of unique moveset with those characters, and was teh game that created stratergy games, with remakes it has 13 installment.

starfox came out on snes, 64 is a remake of the snes, has 4 installment if you dont count remakes and has around 6 characters you can put on smash, with remakes has like 7 installments.

yeah your argument is pretty valid if you are going to compare importance.

dont compare importance of a series if you dont know what are you talking about, even if it was oscure on this side it was very popular on japan.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I was wondering when they would reveal a Star Fox stage. I wonder if it will be more changing than the Melee Corneria stage. For instance, one moment the Great Fox is viewed from the side and players are walking along the top, another moment the Great Fox is viewed from the front or back and players are walking on the wings (like in the Melee Venom stage).

I wonder if there will be a Star Fox Adventures stage as well. That would be pretty cool. Even though it wasn't the best game in the series, Star Fox Adventures did have some beautiful scenery.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
ok let me see

fire emblem came out on nes, have 11 installment if you dont count remakes, have hundres of characters (im still mad with lucina being a clone) and you can make a lot of unique moveset with those characters, and was teh game that created stratergy games, with remakes it has 13 installment.

starfox came out on snes, 64 is a remake of the snes, has 4 installment if you dont count remakes and has around 6 characters you can put on smash, with remakes has like 7 installments.

yeah your argument is pretty valid if you are going to compare importance.

dont compare importance of a series if you dont know what are you talking about, even if it was oscure on this side it was very popular on japan.
Well Smash isn't a Japanese exclusive title, and in the rest of the world, Star Fox is more popular than Fire Emblem

Top Bottom