• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 22nd

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. Here's the Great Fox from Star Fox: Assault. I wonder what missions it will conduct. It'll probably have fighters running around on top of it without the pilot's consent."

For more discussion about the Great Fox stage, please go visit the Stage Discussion Thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheNinjaFreak

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheNinjaFreak
Super Smash Brothers goes to SPACE!!!
Falco for Sm4sh? :falcomelee:

Last edited:

Crisconvor

Smash Rookie
NNID
Crisconvor
3DS FC
0705-2646-5407
Is sakurai TRYING to kill me with awesomeness now? Last week we get a ton of awesome characters and info about the game and now we get THIS?! If he keeps up with updates like this I may have to buy two copies of each game.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Notice how there are only two Arwings in this screenshot, you guys know what that means, that's right Falco is...in one of those Arwings, sorry guys Falco got pushed aside for Peppy, Sakurai noiced how people love the Barrel Roll meme and thought that meant he was more popular.

On a serious note this is awesome, I'm one of the few who actually really liked Assault so it's nice to see it being represented like this. This gets me curious though, I wonder if Lylat Cruise is returning, that stage would just look visually amazing on Wii-U.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Let the hype for Falco/Wolf's appearance at SDCC begin. I'm thrilled to finally see some Star Fox content.

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
:falcomelee:FALCO CONFIRMED FOR SMASH 4!:falco:

Krystal for Sm4sh?
I'm starting to think that Starfox is getting 4 reps (this means Falco (hopefully he keeps his Brawl moveset but further de-cloned), Wolf & Krystal are in), plus Sakurai has been adding a ton of female reps for these games lately, I'm starting to believe we may be getting at least 48 characters in these games.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Notice how there are only two Arwings in this screenshot, you guys know what that means, that's right Falco is...in one of those Arwings, sorry guys Falco got pushed aside for Peppy, Sakurai noiced how people love the Barrel Roll meme and thought that meant he was more popular.

On a serious note this is awesome, I'm one of the few who actually really liked Assault so it's nice to see it being represented like this. This gets me curious though, I wonder if Lylat Cruise is returning, that stage would just look visually amazing on Wii-U.
Implying Slippy would be skilled enough to pilot an Arwing without Fox to get the enemies off his tail.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Doesn't seem clear whether this will be more like Venom or Corneria. I prefer the latter, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Doesn't seem clear whether this will be more like Venom or Corneria. I prefer the latter, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Lot of fans hated Venom as a stage, I'm going to bet it'll be exactly like Corneria/Sector Z from 64/Melee (Corneria's stage replaced Sector Z from SSB64).

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I dream of Sector Z from the Great Fox stage in Smash64 returning.Please please PLEASE come back as this stage! I miss that stage the most it's practically my highest stage nostalgia.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Seems most likely, but you never know with Sakurai.
True to that, but still we're getting a Star Fox Assault based stage, this is a big sign that Krystal may actually have a shot of joining the roster (since Lucina's reveal pretty secured Falco's & Wolf's possible returns).

Last edited:

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
*Looks at it sideways*

Robo Ridley Confirmed! Get Hype!

Last edited:

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
I want Falco, Wolf, and Krystal in this game. They all deserve it. I hope Falco keeps the same feel he had in Brawl, Wolf needs to the stay the same cause he ISN'T a clone, and Krystal needs a bowstaff. I've said my peace.

D

Deleted member 245254

The fact there is only two arwings is basically confirmation that a 2nd member of Fox's team is on the roster...whom I believe is pretty obvious to assume.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I want Falco, Wolf, and Krystal in this game. They all deserve it. I hope Falco keeps the same feel he had in Brawl, Wolf needs to the stay the same cause he ISN'T a clone, and Krystal needs a bowstaff. I've said my peace.
After all the female characters Sakurai has been chucking out, I wouldn't be surprised if Krystal got revealed.

MelmanOfDaSouthh

Smash Cadet
sakurai hints at krystal, think about it the main focus for charactrer roster is adding more females it seems:
f villager, f wii fit trainer, palutena, f robin, lucina, marth and two girls got split into 4 characters zelda sheik zss samus

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
The fact there is only two arwings is basically confirmation that a 2nd member of Fox's team is on the roster...whom I believe is pretty obvious to assume.
I think there's going to be more than 2 StarFox members joining this time around (Wolf's got a high chance to return in a possible villains trailer), I think the 2 Arwings are referencing Falco & Krystal joining. (In 1 of the SF roll calls on the Lylat Cruise stage in Brawl, Peppy & Slippy wanted to join in on the battlefield, but Krystal mentions to them that she's the only 1 who has actual fighting experience, I think Brawl may have hinted at Krystal joining, just like Melee indirectly teased Pit's future appearance in Brawl, by saying "Will he ever fight again").

Last edited:

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
sakurai hints at krystal, think about it the main focus for charactrer roster is adding more females it seems:
f villager, f wii fit trainer, palutena, f robin, lucina, marth and two girls got split into 4 characters zelda sheik zss samus
I see what you did there...

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
actually i believe he'll do so...
If you see how Mario Kart has updated her Retro tracks and turned out great, Smash could have some of her great retro stages as well with a new look.

Top Bottom