• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 21st

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
now i want to see the return of Ivysaur with his new down special ... Mega Drain!

Also first Vampire character confirmed!

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
The problem with Clones, especially ones like Lucina, don't really add anything new to a game except minor differences. Why have a copy paste character with little differences to the original when you could have a unique character with an entirely new moveset? Of course, we don't have to play them if we don't want, but it just means that it was a lost opportunity for another character (not saying Chrom, as he'd probably be the same thing). I'm sure people would not have been upset with Lucina if she had an entirely different moveset

Personally, I don't want Dark Pit in the game, as I feel there's better choices of characters to choose from. Again, if he's in the game, I'll have to just deal.
Clones don't really waste slots at all. You can check here to see why it's so. The biggest reason for Lucina's inclusion is because a lot of people like her (much like any recent/upcoming clone they'll put in). Aside from that, it didn't block non-playable characters' chances to get in. It takes quite some time to create a new character's moveset from scratch and place them into the game and balancing them out throughout a huge cast. While using previous character's code and change their visual style a bit is easily implementable and calibrated. So even if we do see a Dark Pit or something similar, it probably didn't take that long to put them in there, especially since Lucina was planned to be an alt costume. And being an alt costume to clone is even more quicker.

On to topic, quite an interesting ability. Though, a lot different from Ness/Lucas' PSI Magnet since it sucks up energy-type projectiles.

Last edited:

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
It's not that we are content with Lucina, it's that she's already in the game so there is no point in complaining anymore than we already have.
Implying that everybody is unhappy about her.
It takes quite some time to create a new character's moveset from scratch
Fun Fact! The entirety of Greninja was concieved in a night by Sakurai. Yeah it's a special case and all but just throwing that out there:grin:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Fun Fact! The entirety of Greninja was concieved in a night by Sakurai. Yeah it's a special case and all but just throwing that out there:grin:
Oh I know that after his announcement. Apparently he really wanted him in there and had everything according to plan when he was making the roster. And so far, I'm really liking his plan for Greninja. If he turns out well, I might main him.

Sen. Sawft

Professional Laundry Folder
NNID
Sawft
3DS FC
4940-6793-4197
Welcome to the forum! Where we complain about clones that exist and some that aren't even confirmed!

Jiffy

Smash Rookie
NNID
JIffy
Now this brings up the question: could Ness be healed while this is happening in his down b while Robin heals as well? Or will just Ness be healed because technically there is no damage being done.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Welcome to the forum! Where we complain about clones that exist and some that aren't even confirmed!
[insert clone character name] is obviously taking someone else's spot. I don't know who's but I'm certain that is the case, everyone knows that the developing process of this game goes like *Sakurai throws a dart blindfolded, dart lands on Lucina* Sakurai: Uh oh, looks like good old Ness is getting replaced now".

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace

Wait! If that was you on the phone, and you on the bus... then who was flickering the lights?

Robin!

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Now this brings up the question: could Ness be healed while this is happening in his down b while Robin heals as well? Or will just Ness be healed because technically there is no damage being done.
I'm guessing this isn't a projectile move but if it does work like that Ness/Robin team for doubles tournaments would be so good they'd probably ban it.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
Actually it only appears there is no damage done. Damage is done and healed, but it's still there.

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
I hate how Sakurai overemphasizes/makes top tier franchises that are less popular (Starfox/FE) and top characters from top franchises seem to always be sub-par (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc.)

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I like how the topic of this thread went from Robin's Nosferatu to Lucina being a clone and crap like that. Are people still hung up about Lucina being a clone that they have to talk and discuss about it everywhere they go? Clones exist, deal with it or don't buy the game. It's really as simple as that. Complaining about it isn't going to change a thing. Sorry for being so blunt but I'm just getting sick and tired of all the Lucina and clone hate/dislike.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I'm guessing clones can kill a game, right? :rolleyes:

Ah, well. My mug is ready either way. If and when Dark Pit is revealed to be playable, your tears- speaking to everyone- will be delicious.:troll:
Make sure you save a glass of tears for me.:troll:

Malion

Smash Ace
I hate how Sakurai overemphasizes/makes top tier franchises that are less popular (Starfox/FE) and top characters from top franchises seem to always be sub-par (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc.)
God forbid he promote less popular series... That might make them more popular... No way Nintendo would want thaaaat.

OnFullTilt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gregolus
"Robin's Nosferatu is the first ability in the Smash Bros. series that recovers your damage as it gives damage to others" - looks like he hasn't heard of Project M Ivysaur.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
"Robin's Nosferatu is the first ability in the Smash Bros. series that recovers your damage as it gives damage to others" - looks like he hasn't heard of Project M Ivysaur.
P:M is not part of the official Smash Bros. So whether he knows about it or not is irrelevant.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
What I'm interested in is the hitstun associated with this move. We saw in the reveal trailer that the character looked like they were trapped in it. Maybe there was a lack of smash di and stuff, but the players seemed to say that it was relatively gone when they played it. So how long to people get stuck? Until the tome breaks? If so, it better break quickly because racking up damage while healing and the opponent can't stop you seems really odd to me and kind of unfair. Anyways, cool looking move, and I'm into the character, just worried about some of this. :)

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
I'm getting more and more excited to play as Robin. I have no idea how all the different tomes are going to be managed, but it will be fun to try them all out.

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
Wait, I thought Rest completely recovered your health?
Nope, just does a ridiculous amount of damage/knockback if you land it. Rest does recover all your health in the Pokemon games, though, so you're not entirely wrong xD

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I do like that later Nintendo games borrow stuff from Smash Bros, the ones I can immediately think of are Fox's blaster in Assault with it's redesign and even before that said blaster was mentioned at the beginning of Adventures, then there's Donkey Kong's clap smash attack which made it into Jungle Beat and of course there's Master Hand and Crazy Hand appearing as mini bosses in Kirby's Amazing Mirror and swallowing them gives you the Smash copy ability with a third of Kirby's Smash Bros move set which I believe returnned in Triple Dux if I'm not mistaken.

Still waiting for Giga Bowser to appear in a Mario game.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Robin can literally use dark magic is one of their ally is a dark pegasus and have that ability that let all mage can use dark magic freely.

Anyway... Sceptile CONFIRMED and can use Giga Drain the oppenent to restore health! Remember the closer the more damage you do and more health you do.:troll:

Top Bottom