• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 21st

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. Robin's Nosferatu is the first ability in the Smash Bros. series that recovers your damage as it gives damage to others. The attack becomes even stronger if you strike from behind! Robin doesn't actually use this ability in the original game, but we added that element to make the character unique. Who knows--the ideas we use in this game may contribute to the original series."

For more discussion about Robin, please visit the Robin sub-forum!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
So when's Nintendo going to let me Falcon Punch others off the track in F-Zero?

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Smash WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. Robin's Nosferatu is the first ability in the Smash Bros. series that recovers your damage as it gives damage to others. The attack becomes even stronger if you strike from behind! Robin doesn't actually use this ability in the original game, but we added that element to make the character unique. Who knows--the ideas we use in this game may contribute to the original series."

For more discussion about Robin, please visit the Robin character sub-forum!
interesting like ness and lucas

Metallaeus

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai pls don't let this hint towards Dark Pit D:
Just let him be an alt and we can get this over with.

bicth

Smash Cadet
this move could be great. striking from behind could be bad for dash dancers, depending on the range of the move. however, it could also be a total bust.

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
Is this the first move to do more damage to the back of a fighter?

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339
Come on now :4robinm:...I'm already maining, like, 7 characters. Don't add to it D:

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
Nosferatu seems like a good way to help Robin slowly turn the tides of battle. I don't know much about Fire Emblem and the tomes, but if it's rechargeable I guess it'll prevent Robin from abusing to it.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
This is CLEARLY a rip off of Call of Duty. I mean come on, standing still and regaining health? Doing nothing and damaging opponents? These are the goddamn fundamentals of Call of Duty, and Sakubuttcheeks stole it!

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
This is CLEARLY a rip off of Call of Duty. I mean come on, standing still and regaining health? Doing nothing and damaging opponents? These are the goddamn fundamentals of Call of Duty, and Sakubuttcheeks stole it!
A bit over reacting. I left cod for this game. I played cod4-ghosts n robin is no where near a CAMPER. Think about it, how easy on smash bros is it to get behind someone? Sure he would do hmm 10-15% damage n heal as well. Just bust a combo on his a$$ n FINISH HIM (fatality...jk)

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I really thought that was Dark Put for a moment...

I got all excited that he was an alt.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I don't know why most people are against Dark Pit as a character of his own yet are perfectly content with Lucina. -_-;

Clone characters allow more characters to be in Smash 4. I'm not seeing a problem in it at all. Which so long as a Pichu-like moveset doesn't come back again, is ****ing awesome.

Riolu 4 Sm4sh. :awesome:

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I don't know why most people are against Dark Pit as a character of his own yet are perfectly content with Lucina. -_-;

Clone characters allow more characters to be in Smash 4. I'm not seeing a problem in it at all. Which so long as a Pichu-like moveset doesn't come back again, is ****ing awesome.

It's not that we are content with Lucina, it's that she's already in the game so there is no point in complaining anymore than we already have.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
It's not that we are content with Lucina, it's that she's already in the game so there is no point in complaining anymore than we already have.
What's the point in complaining at all? :confused: it's not like you're forced to play as him, that is if he's confirmed.

Last edited:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I'm not complaining (because I like dark moves) and I haven't played Fire Emblem. But don't Fire Emblems have a bazillion different moves they can pick from? Why even consider using something they normally don't use for a special attack?

I'm still hoping for Alt special attacks for Robin where you can essentially make a moveset out of all the elements they've shown. I don't think it'll happen though.

D

Deleted member

"The attack becomes even stronger if you strike from behind!"

C'mon Sakurai, we know he's playable...

I'm going to consider this a Shulk tease and go on with my day :4pacman:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

One clone: Uugh...
Two clones: Augh!!

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
How come Pit has Dark Pit's sandals?

Anyway, I love this move, probably gonna be my favorite of his.

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin
I'm curious to know if Nosferatu really dazes/stuns the opponent. In the announcement trailer looks like it does, but maybe I'm just crazy.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer

The problem with Clones, especially ones like Lucina, don't really add anything new to a game except minor differences. Why have a copy paste character with little differences to the original when you could have a unique character with an entirely new moveset? Of course, we don't have to play them if we don't want, but it just means that it was a lost opportunity for another character (not saying Chrom, as he'd probably be the same thing). I'm sure people would not have been upset with Lucina if she had an entirely different moveset

Personally, I don't want Dark Pit in the game, as I feel there's better choices of characters to choose from. Again, if he's in the game, I'll have to just deal.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
The problem with Clones, especially ones like Lucina, don't really add anything new to a game except minor differences. Why have a copy paste character with little differences to the original when you could have a unique character with an entirely new moveset? Of course, we don't have to play them if we don't want, but it just means that it was a lost opportunity for another character (not saying Chrom, as he'd probably be the same thing). I'm sure people would not have been upset with Lucina if she had an entirely different moveset
Actually, that is not how it works. Lucina's absence wouldn't have meant that another newcomer with a different moveset would have been in her place instead. The only difference would be the lack of Lucina and I'm sure most agree that is better to have her than not having her at all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom