• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 18th

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
I love the amount of detail he is putting in. :) I don't think I'll ever get sick of seeing my opponents smacking face-first into the camera. I'm curious to see how Jigglypuff will look doing that!

Speaking of Jigglypuff, my coworker and her daughter made me a birthday cake with my favorite balloon pokemon gracing the topping. It's a funfetti cake, if you were wondering.:jigglypuff:
Jigglypuff cake.jpg

Gombukelp

Smash Apprentice
I love the amount of detail he is putting in. :) I don't think I'll ever get sick of seeing my opponents smacking face-first into the camera. I'm curious to see how Jigglypuff will look doing that!

Speaking of Jigglypuff, my coworker and her daughter made me a birthday cake with my favorite balloon pokemon gracing the topping. It's a funfetti cake, if you were wondering.:jigglypuff:View attachment 18606
Looks good!

FalconSoup

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadowMetal
3DS FC
4511-0759-5924
Switch FC
SW 7216 6722 4029
This is a great idea! You know what I'd like? If it applied to Sudden Deaths, too.
Do you know how many times I got Bob-ombed before the Star KO animation finished? Haha.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Not sure if that was part of his regular design. Does this mean the "clothing damage" mechanic from Brawl's Beta will be implemented here?
I feel like we've seen/heard some evidence of this recently, but I can't recall where.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
Nice touch, but what about this annoying edge case?

-Two players connect with an upward attack. One flies straight up, the other flies up at an angle.
-The first player crosses the Star KO border a fraction of a second before they stop happening, so they fly into the background.
-The timer ticks down and crosses the Star KO Threshhold
-The second player crosses the Star KO border, but since they've stopped, they're KO'd immediately.
-The first person to cross the KO border wins.

It would have to happen at just the right moment. I'm dying to see it happen at EVO or something.
if this game even makes it to evo

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
so s basically like multi man brawl, where you hit someone off the top and they blast into a ko instead of falling into a star ko animation.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I like the details of Little mac, its look more hurts and ouch. and almost everysingle character look epic with the screen K.O. There funny and hilarious.
Villager in the background...Creeps me out. Especially that smile of MURDER!

"but as a match's time limit approaches, those K.O.s will not occur anymore."

Nice good competitive change here Sakurai. (I feel the screen K.O. Don't happen when there 1:00 minute left or 00:30 left.)

Uffe

Smash Hero
This makes sense. In previous games, when both players KO'd each other at the same time, one could die from the blastzone while the other had a delayed KO by flying into the screen or from a star KO. Sounds like he's making it fair so that this sort of thing doesn't happen anymore.

Last edited:

SLUGS

Smash Apprentice
I think these screen KO's look quite annoying and take up a lot of space on the screen. Which can ruin some pretty crucial moments during the game. Specifically in free for all or doubles.

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
I think these screen KO's look quite annoying and take up a lot of space on the screen. Which can ruin some pretty crucial moments during the game. Specifically in free for all or doubles.
I think it's in just the right timespan to not be too annoying but still have a glass sliding effect if you really are paying attention to what you're doing, you'll know exactly where you are and what is close to you even in that one second of screen KO.

Ragna22

Smash Ace

Speaking of Jigglypuff, my coworker and her daughter made me a birthday cake with my favorite balloon pokemon gracing the topping. It's a funfetti cake, if you were wondering.:jigglypuff:View attachment 18606
Happy birthday, that's pretty cool of your co workers and this is coming from a dude who finds Jigglypuff super boring.

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
Aw, man, I actually loved winning or losing because a character was stuck up in a star K.O. but the timer saved them. It makes the match more exciting/memorable, in my opinion.

Edit Add-on: As far as what SLUGS said, at this point in time I agree with his first sentence, but I'll just deal with whatever winds up in the game, because I'm pretty sure it'll still wind up to be a pretty good romp in the hay, whatever they decide to do with it.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Mario look mess up.
There's been a lot of messed-up looking models. Like, horrendously bad. Normally I'm not one to care about graphics, but many of the stills for this game look awful... Take for example Captain Falcon on the Smasbros website:

He looks like he needs a young priest and an old priest.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
There's been a lot of messed-up looking models. Like, horrendously bad. Normally I'm not one to care about graphics, but many of the stills for this game look awful... Take for example Captain Falcon on the Smasbros website:

He looks like he needs a young priest and an old priest.
Sakurai's group was pretty terrible at showcasing character anatomy.

DirtyPete

Smash Cadet
itd be cool if there was a way to turn off the screen ko's, because when you play with more than two people , it gets in the way a bit

SLUGS

Smash Apprentice
Also think about projectiles that you can't see either. Sure you can read and predict beforehand but it's not always gonna work out that way in my opinion. I thought it was awesome and funny at first but competitively unfortunately would not be so awesome. I'm hoping for a better compromise though. And I'm still very optimistic about the game.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Absolutely loving these updates! Greninja, Bowser, Luigi, and DK made the funniest ones for me. Let's see what everyone else gets

Last edited:

Lordo

Smash Rookie
Awsome! This almost makes up for Diglett not being playable...

Top Bottom