• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 15th

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
well.

gg.

(w/e this is exciting. hopefully not attack of the clones. Marth will reward skill more with the tipper system, so he'll probably be better. I just hope Lucina is good because I mean we've all seen what marth without tippers is like)

Jakario

Smash Rookie
I am guessing she is along the lines of Falco/Wolf ;c

Curses! She could have had the same Bs but they could of at least changed her moveset more!

B1gBandJazZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
jp4464
3DS FC
0903-3227-6508
From what I've seen in the new trailer and the e3/ best buy footage of Marth, I'm thinking that lucina has a stronger air game, while Marth is stronger on the ground.

In the trailer, you can see Lucina's aerials have little to no landing lag.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
This is a nightmare. I mean. I want Falco back, but my hope for a decloned Ganondorf just dwindled. It hurts.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
Daily reminder: Despite your distaste for "clones", you're still going to buy this game and enjoy it.

Toadmode

Smash Rookie
Psh... Want my boy Roy. .-. Lucina is whatever right now. Even if she does have one or two different moves we all know half her moves are gonna be Marth based. ._.

SQuirtleKing

Smash Rookie
Because the tip of Marth's sword has a sweetspot. On his down aerial, if he connects with the tip it sends his opponent plummeting downwards. So either the entirety of Lucina's down aerial has this effect, or none of it does. I'm hoping for the former, but the latter sounds more likely.
well, her intro says "Lucina Wakes Her Blade?!" it's a reference to the game (why her sword glows for no reason) and could possibly mean every dair is a meteor

Heefe

Smash Apprentice
Not much difference between Marth and Lucina... both look female...

Kirito-

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheRealKirito
3DS FC
3179-7237-9807
People saying Lucina will be Marth without a tipper are wrong. Sakurai clearly said that her power is balanced throughout but never said it was as strong as an untipped attack.

This is how I see it. In PM Marth's Fsmash does 14% and uncharged tipper does 20%. If we go by these numbers, my guess is Lucina's Fsmash will probably do around 16-18%.

Just some speculation...

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
I've been saying this already since yesterday that they were separate characters, even after all of the evidence that were pointed on the website that she was an individual character. Like I said they would not dedicate a whole cinematic trailer to an ALT or even a Newcomer Profile on the site because it makes no sense.

THANK YOU SAKURAI, NOW EVERYONE CAN SHUT THE F__CK UP ABOUT THIS ALT COSTUME!

I love it when people swear they know what they are talking about and instantly proven wrong.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I've been saying this already since yesterday that they were separate characters, even after all of the evidence that were pointed on the website that she was an individual character. Like I said they would not dedicate a whole cinematic trailer to an ALT or even a Newcomer Profile on the site because it makes no sense.

I love it when people swear they know what they are talking about and instantly proven wrong.
The website didnt say she'd be separated, just acknowledge that she is her own character, not necessarily her own slot. She did not have a whole trailer dedicated to her. If she were an alt, a newcomer page would be justifiable because she would be a character swap rather than just a costume, and the distinguishment would be deserved.

If it were obvious, he wouldn't have had to clarify. You could have just as easily have been wrong.

Let's just all appreciate the clarification whether or not we appreciate what it entailed.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
You just wait, lucina is gonna be better than marth. She has a more balanced damage rate, and she has the real dancing blade. She only has slight differences, but it will add up in the end :)
Huh what do you mean the real dancing blade? It has a rainbow color but it looks the same as Marth's here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0ej06eP_uY#t=159

Sakurai just used a vague wording with all her physical abilities being 100% identical. Does this mean all A and B moves and such? I think so, but i hope not

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
The website didnt say she'd be separated, just acknowledge that she is her own character, not necessarily her own slot. She did not have a whole trailer dedicated to her. If she were an alt, a newcomer page would be justifiable because she would be a character swap rather than just a costume, and the distinguishment would be deserved.

If it were obvious, he wouldn't have had to clarify. You could have just as easily have been wrong.

Let's just all appreciate the clarification whether or not we appreciate what it entailed.
It was obvious to many. He had to clarify for those who didn't get it. I don't think that argument works.

Also being a completely different person is NOT a costume. Female WFT does not put on some clothes and suddenly she's male. There is a female WFT and a male WFT; they are two different people. They did not give female villager or female WFT their own newcomer pages.

BillyBomberBuster

Smash Rookie
Guys, Lucina was literalya Marth Clone in the Fire Emblem series.

She was also one of the most wanted Fire Emblem characters.

There is nothing to complain about here.

In my own personal opinion, clones are a good thing for the game, means we get more characters. Think of Lucina as a bonus character that did not have to be included at all, that is pretty much exactly what she is.

The fact of the matter is this, either Chrom OR Lucina were GOING to be playable in this game, and Sakurai chose Lucina. So because of this fact, no one can say Lucina is taking up some other character's slot, because it was either her or Chrom.

I also personally do not like the Fire Emblem games, but even I am glad he chose Lucina, we do need more female characters imo. And who knows, Chrom may be playable still, I am not thinking he will be but you never know.

Last edited:

Nstinct

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3626-0477-8909
So Lucina is like Marth but her power is balanced throughout the blade....Roy Confirmed!?!

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
Figured she'd have no tipper. I am curious how they'll balance her moves to differentiate her from Marth. With no tipper, I suspect she'll have more power in her moves than marth and different ways of using the same moves. How Lucina will be in the final product actually has me interested.

Nstinct

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3626-0477-8909
For Smash 3ds-men: Wouldn't it be awesome if Lucina had her own unique Custom moves to seperate her from Marth?

Zebra Dragon

Smash Rookie
Remember how the Dr Mario Trophy said there were nearly no difference between him and Mario ? I think this is the same case, and anyway the fact that there is no tipper makes her very different to play.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
I feel like there are more people here complaining about people complaining than those actually complaining about Lucina.

chandy

Smash Journeyman
I'm a bit disappointed with this tbh. Firstly, I don't think FE even deserves 4 character slots compared to other Nintendo series. As long as I thought there were only 3 FE slots and lucina was an alt. costume, I was happy with her being in the game but now I feel like she's just using up a slot which could have been used better by another FE character even if it was decided that the series could have 4. Chrom would have been a far more unique and interesting character with an almost entirely new moveset. Even if Sakurai was feeling a bit lazier and wanted to make a clone character then Roy would have been less of a clone to Marth than Lucina and his presence would have pleased more of the fans, I think. From what we've seen, Lucina looks like one of the cloniest clone in smash bros to date if the only differences are that she's ever so slightly shorter, has no tipper and has some weird spot in her eye. At least toon link looks significantly different to link.

That being said, Robin looks like a really cool and unique character and I'm pleased that Sakurai chose him/her over Chrom to firstly surprise the fans and also to give a more diverse representation of FE characters than the typical swordsmen. So overall, yesterday's trailer has made me even more hyped for this game but I can't help feeling slightly disappointed at the same time...

_yuna

Smash Apprentice
Ha ****ing ha. Even Roy had more love put into him in Melee. And that's saying a lot.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Not even 24 hours after her confirmation, and it's confirmed she's her own character, not an alt for Marth.

THANK YOU SAKURAI!

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Double troll is legit. Considering Fire Emblem Awakening, her being a Marth clone makes 100% sense. She's seriously GirlMarth, lol.
Lucina is a discount girl Marth. Marth fills both roles with grace.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Thank goodness she's not a costume for Marth, it's not a similar situation like with WFTs or the villagers. She's her own character with her own personality not a ****in' Marth with long hair therefore she has her own slot.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I'm glad we got that clarification out of the way.

Now to go update my prediction roster.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So does that mean Lucina is basically Melee Marth?
...I dig that.

YoPoYo9100

Smash Apprentice
Oh well, thats not to bad. im just wishing for more (unique) characters
to be revealed in the future.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Captain Falcon is still the best reveal.

Still, it's cool to see Sakurai filling the roster up as much as he can. Even if Lucina is a clone, this makes it possible for more characters to make an appearance.

I'll take a Riolu (Lucario clone) please. With a side of Raichu (Pikachu clone).

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996

It was pretty obvious to most people though, pointless details like "did not have a whole trailer and artwork" when she was in Robin's or, "a newcomer page is justifiable for an alt" because no it isn't since other chars with alts aren't that way were really baseless. Nevermind the fact that we had clones in the past with similar animations and body types.
But we are talking about the Smash fanbase were the obvious inexplicably escapes a lot of people and small details have to be over analyzed through and through, and before you know it people find hidden stuff where there is nothing to see.
I can pick apart small things too like, how come Cp. Falcon didn't have a tagline when other veterans (Zamus, Sheik, Yoshi, Charizard) had one as well? But I don't because I know that is not a big deal.

People should be able to figure this out on their own instead of needing Sakurai to come out and say "Yes, she is a new character, dammit!" I guess you could say that today, some people were hit with a reality_ciak.

Ha ****ing ha. Even Roy had more love put into him in Melee. And that's saying a lot.
No, he didn't. Roy's creation process was: Click Marth, Ctrl+C, click slot, Ctrl+V. Add flames and call it a day. I can't see how that is more than Lucina.

Last edited:

LoneWolfRanger

Smash Apprentice

wow u have some issues right there

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
No, he didn't. Roy's creation process was: Click Marth, Ctrl+C, click slot, Ctrl+V. Add flames and call it a day. I can't see how that is more than Lucina.
Oh come on, they are different. Roy is a fast faller (one of the fastest in Melee, in fact), his Dtilt hits opponent's upwards (and as a result is a major part of his juggle-centric combo game), many of his attacks deal multiple hits, his USmash can spike, his Counter deals knockback and damage based on the move that he counters (though Marth would later adopt this feature in Brawl), his Double Edge Dance may look the same but it has differences like how 3rd hit up is a meteor smash (Marth's hit opponents upwards) and so on. Oh yeah, and the whole "reverse tipper" thing. Roy had a lot of differences in move properties.

For Lucina, all we know is that she has no tipper (and it's implied that her attacks' power lies somewhere between that of Marth's sourspots and sweetspots) and that she's shorter.

EDIT: Not hating on Lucina. In fact she seems awesome.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Oh come on, they are different. Roy is a fast faller (one of the fastest in Melee, in fact), his Dtilt hits opponent's upwards (and as a result is a major part of his juggle-centric combo game), many of his attacks deal multiple hits, his USmash can spike, his Counter deals knockback and damage based on the move that he counters (though Marth would later adopt this feature in Brawl), his Double Edge Dance may look the same but it has differences like how 3rd hit up is a meteor smash (Marth's hit opponents upwards) and so on. Oh yeah, and the whole "reverse tipper" thing. Roy had a lot of differences in move properties.

For Lucina, all we know is that she has no tipper (and it's implied that her attacks' power lies somewhere between that of Marth's sourspots and sweetspots) and that she's shorter... yeah.
And we know that Lucina has even less differences than Roy because...? Have any of you here played her already? Weird, because she was revealed yesterday and the game hasn't even come out yet.

And those are properties that you mentioned we know just by using a character. Lucina's full moveset hasn't been shown, only five moves were displayed in a video, screenshots can't showcase those elements properly and nobody has used her yet. How do we know that Roy is even more fleshed out than her? Can't we at least for once be prudent and wait until the game comes out before claiming (like the young fellow above spewing crap) that she is EXACTLY the same as Marth?

Last edited:

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
And we know that Lucina has even less differences than Roy because...? Have any of you here played her already? Weird, because she was revealed yesterday and the game hasn't even come out yet.

And those are properties that you mentioned we know just by using a character. Lucina's full moveset hasn't been shown, only five moves were displayed in a video, screenshots can't showcase those elements properly and nobody has used her yet. How do we know that Roy is even more fleshed out than her? Can't we at least for once be prudent and wait until the game comes out before claiming (like the young fellow above spewing crap) that she is EXACTLY the same as Marth?
I thought the second paragraph of my post implied that we don't know everything about her yet and that people are drawing their opinions from what little we do know. My mistake.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I thought the second paragraph of my post implied that we don't know everything about her yet and that people are drawing their opinions from what little we do know. My mistake.
Yeah, my bad. It's just how other people claiming how she is even less different than another clone despite not playing her, as if they were some kind of instant experts on everything a character offers.

Top Bottom