• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 14th

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
So does this mean Bayonetta will get a trophy too? and Professor Layton?
One thing has nothing to do with the other. Rayman is a classic retro characters, Bayonetta and Layton aren't.

I would love to see Layton in the game, even as a trophy, but don't get your hopes up.

Shin F.

Smash Master
One thing has nothing to do with the other. Rayman is a classic retro characters, Bayonetta and Layton aren't.

I would love to see Layton in the game, even as a trophy, but don't get your hopes up.
True, but with this I'm inclined to think there's gonna at least be a Layton trophy. He may not be 1st or 2nd party, but he has some really strong ties with Nintendo...

Possibly Bayonetta, but she's less likely.

Gah, this came from nowhere! SAKURAAIIIII

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
??????????????????????? well if he can get a trophy and probably not be a fighter some how with bandai owning agumon what means agumon confirmed

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
Sakurai got better mindgames than most pro smashers XD

Also does this mean we might see trophies of Bayonetta (and possibly Banjo/Kazooie?) :3

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
In all seriousness though:

>Was expecting Shulk
>Sees Rayman
>Suddenly disappointed that I'm not seeing Bomberman
>Ridley confirmed

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
Sakurai and his trolling. Wonder if this'll lead to something?

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'm still doubting he will be playable but is it possible that we may see Rayman related content like stages or items? Will other Ubisoft characters and content be included in some capacity? How about for Capcom, Sega, and Namco? And how about for other companies? Battle Toads as Assist Trophies? Endless Ocean stage? Dragon Quest enemies in Smash Run? Harvest Moon trophies?

What we want are answers and Sakurai just gives us more questions.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Start hashing out the names of 3rd parties who would make rad trophies!

Ryu (Street Fighter)
Job Classes (Final Fantasy)
Agnes Oblige (Bravely Deault)
NiGHTS (NiGHTS into Dreams)
The Jack Bros. (Shin Megami Tensei)
Princess Momohime & Jinkuro (Muramsa: The Demon Blades)
Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
You missed Simon Belmont!

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
This gives me a strange hope that I didn't know was possible.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I'm really not one of those stupid third-party purists, but this is starting to get ridiculous, although I would be ecstasic if Rayman was playable.

BUT! If Sakurai's showing him, then that must mean he's not playable? Does this mean another Ubi char? Zombie from ZombieU? Ezio Auditore?

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Wait, someone on the Ridley thread (im sorry I forgot their name) makes comics of featuring ridley and rayman.
Ridley conformed

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rayman is at the top on my "completely unrealistic" version of my wishlist.

Don't ****ing do this to me Sakurai. :(

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
Smash WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. In order to make Rayman's trophy, we asked Ubisoft to share their references. We were expecting to receive 2D drawing references for Rayman, but to our surprise, they sent us data of a brand new 3D model that they rendered for this game!! And that was how this trophy was created. It takes a lot of work creating each model, so it's wonderful that the creators contributed their own efforts!!"

This makes me feel like Rayman might be the revealed character but then again... I'm kinda wanting to stick close to my Shulk (and maybe Chrom as well AND a veteran) guess, but we shall see very soon. It could be neither lol (many hopes).

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
OH MY GOSH MORE OF MY CHILDHOOD

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Rayman 2 was one of those Dreamcast games I loved. This is a wonderful surprise.

D

Deleted member

I highly doubt Rayman is a playable character. First of all, not one character thus far has been shown as a trophy before being revealed as playable. Second of all, I could maybe understand trollishly hinting at a character a few weeks in advance and then blowing peoples' minds by confirming the character out of the blue, but what would be the point of spoiling the surprise a few hours before a pre-announced character reveal?

Sorry, I think he's just a trophy.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If Rayman isn't a fighter, it would be a huge missed opportunity. His moveset in Rayman Legends is basically made for Smash Bros. It'd cover the entirety of his A button attacks. Then just throw in some of his powers from the older games for his Specials and grabs.

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
I hope to GOD this isn't a hint. Sakurai is probably throwing us off and trolling again.
Also when you think about it, Sakurai isn't known to give any hints. He's all about throwing away expectations.

Last edited:

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
I wonder if it's possible this was revealed too early by accident? I kinda assumed Sakurai updated the Miiverse posts himself, but could this be a mistake? Are we going to see Rayman revealed playable today?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I hope to GOD this isn't a hint. Sakurai is probably throwing us off and trolling again.
Well, he did kind of shock us with Phosphora in that he first showed her as a trophy, but she later showed up in one of Palutena's screenshots, possibly as an Assist Trophy.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I wonder if it's possible this was revealed too early by accident? I kinda assumed Sakurai updated the Miiverse posts himself, but could this be a mistake? Are we going to see Rayman revealed playable today?
I really hope so, I really prefer smashbros.com's leak than sal's.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
Im going to say that this means nothing...ubisoft and nintendo have always had a good relationship. It sucks that he isnt playable,but atleast he is in the game. I cant imagine a better fit from ubisoft aside rayman so this is probably just for show..nothing to see here folks, but that trophy does look awesome.

Top Bottom