• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 14th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. In order to make Rayman's trophy, we asked Ubisoft to share their references. We were expecting to receive 2D drawing references for Rayman, but to our surprise, they sent us data of a brand new 3D model that they rendered for this game!! And that was how this trophy was created. It takes a lot of work creating each model, so it's wonderful that the creators contributed their own efforts!!"

Last edited by a moderator:

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
Whoa, I certainly wasn't expecting this o_O WHAT DOES IT MEANNNN

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
wait WHAT

THE CHARACTER REVEAL DIDNT EVEN HAPPEN AND NOW WE JUST GOT RAYMAN SLAPPED AT OUR FACE!?

I know its a trophy but DAMN that came out of nowhere.

Even with the Gematsu leak Sakurai still knows how to ruse us.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
Definitely confirms the rumors of Sakurai shooting down Ubisoft's request to put him in the game, lol

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
Damn, that is seriously cool! A lot of the trophy pics come across as fillers to me but I can definitely commend Sakurai for this little nugget. Now... how do we get the trophy?

inb4 requirement is beat Classic Mode on Intense with 1 stock.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
He hasn't been confirmed playable just yet. Even though he probably is, this may just be a friendly cameo.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm going back to 1996 right now and exploding from the child out.

Game OVER.

RogersBase

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RogersBase
3DS FC
1848-1722-4915
Also, it's worth noting that Rayman Legends was published by Nintendo for its Japanese release. Kind of a similar situation to the Professor Layton games in North America. Suddenly, this trophy inclusion makes sense.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Well, I know who our first third party DLC character is going to be.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Given the Sal leaks saying we're definitely getting DLC characters, Rayman is the perfect nominee for such an occasion.

Sure, kinda like Snake he's historically been more known for his Sony console roles, but he's got a great movepool, unique skillset, and a lot of great playstyle potential that would add up to be a great playable character.

I mean c'mon... IT'S RAYMAN!!!!

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Wait, what!? :crazy:

Alright, settle down. This could be a red herring to throw us off, but then again, that's a pretty big herring.

I can't think of any other Nintendo-y Ubisoft games ATM, but it is 2:45 right now.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Just a reminder that Ubisoft has a game ready to be released exclusively for the Wii U and according to them, the only reason the game wasn't released yet is because they are waiting for a larger install base:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/9/5793660/ubisoft-unreleased-wii-u-games

It is also worth noting that Rayman's AT model was made by Ubisoft and all playable characters have trophies, so he could perfectly be playable.

All of that said, I still think the newcomer later today will be a Nintendo character, namely Shulk.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Sonic was a big ****in deal, but he was also the most expected third party character. Mega Man, Pac-Man, and now possibly Rayman.

Crossing my fingers for Batman!

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
When's Klonoa, Namco?

Young$$$

The Sell Out Boy
NNID
PsyborgSSB
3DS FC
1891-1345-8774
All of a sudden, I feel like Snake has a chance of returning.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
What the actual flying goddamn **** coming at me sideways and on fire?

Like what the ****. Why?! What nonsense is this Sakurai?? That's a popular, iconic third-party character YOU ASKED UBISOFT TO MAKE A ****ING TROPHY FOR?!

This is the fishiest thing I've seen since Zora's Domain.

Top Bottom