• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 10th

Dustination

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dustination
3DS FC
5215-1019-9015
Smash 4 has thousands of people working on it and an enormous budget......project M is programmed by only a few for free.....what are you thinking? There is no excuse for Nintendo to be outplayed by modders
Project M doesn't have a deadline.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
I want a communist mario now.
But there already is a communist Mario, the modern day Mario. His hat and shirt are red. If his overalls were red then he'd definitely be a real communist Mario. All he is missing out on is a bottle of Vodka and a Russian accent. Someone needs to make a meme out this.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Smash 4 has thousands of people working on it and an enormous budget......project M is programmed by only a few for free.....what are you thinking? There is no excuse for Nintendo to be outplayed by modders
It takes a long time to make an alternate costume, and yes they have thousands of people but they are all busy doing things that aren't unimportant cosmetic additions to the game.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So we have a lot more unique costumes this time around, but does it necessarily mean they're replacing the usual colors? Could stuff like Hoodie Mac, Skyloft Clothes Link, and now Pseudo-Light Suit Samus and Patriot Mario be unlockables?

Last edited:

Mighty_Guy100

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mighty_Guy100
How exactly? Project M shows to the world how pathetic was Brawl, adding a great diversity of costumes for characters, that how Brawl was suposed to be.

Also, dont expect Dr. Mario. Just Look:

Look at this Samus! Look at this AMAZING piece of art. Smash 4 white Samus is exactly THAT. A freaking white Samus, just a palette swap, nothign more. Mario? the same Mario with different colours, but nothing more than that, not real alternative costume. The only character that has real alternative costumes at the moment is Little Mac and thats it.
Project m is a nice side tourney. Uhh...Allstar mode looks cool...I guess.

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
Good grief! Uncle Mario wants YOU!.........to select that costume. Can we call him an Italian ex-patriot now?
I'll probably avoid that particular costume unless more like it come out.

US Mario vs Aussie Kirby..........in my mind. :awesome:

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
But there already is a communist Mario, the modern day Mario. His hat and shirt are red. If his overalls were red then he'd definitely be a real communist Mario. All he is missing out on is a bottle of Vodka and a Russian accent. Someone needs to make a meme out this.
We had a whole game theory on it lol. I was thinking the hammer and sickle instead of the M. Some gray overalls would be cool.

LonelyJaguar

Smash Cadet
So far the only impressive thing in Smash 4 are Mii Fighters, besides that. I dont see any real improve from Brawl. Project M being created by fans for fans is just doing what Sakurai and Nintendo did not. You need arguments, why this game is going to be better than Project M?

So far, Project M has real Alternative Costumes, Better gameplay, better character balance, better stages...

Smash 4 has Miis and customization and thats it, nothing impressive besides that. Dont be misstaken unlike others im going to give a chance to Smash 4, mainly for the customization. but Smash 4 will not be better than Project M.

Nope... I mean Project M alternative costume of Samus is based in Light Suit, changing many elements from the armour. That Samus of Smash 4 is just Other M samus in white colour. A Mod being better than the official next game, thats P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C.
Are you serious? For one, you don't know if the gameplay is better yet because Smash 4 isn't even finished or released. Aside from that, it being a better game than Project M is completely subjective because from your post, all that seems to make a good game is costumes, balance, and stages. Most of Project M's stages are Final Destination-esque with some platforms thrown in anyway. (No offense to the people who've worked hard on it.)

I mean, forget the new game modes, characters, exciting stages, customization features, expanded-upon online options, all of it. Who gives a **** if it doesn't look and play exactly like Project M, right? I'd rather have fancy alt. costumes and generic FD stages! P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C.

Last edited:

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
OK, replace that thousands with hundreds(might be more don't know till the credits roll) because Brawl had less than 1,000 people working on it. And not all of Namco is working on this one game either. Also Modders have all the time in the world to do this stuff like others said. Project M started like in 2011 and only now is getting a lot of praise for it's stuff being more completed by the modding/smash community.

So adding stuff like alternate costumes is just icing on this cake man.
Sakurai, upon the announcement of the game, was not notified by it until after the announcement itself and said he would start development AFTER Kid Icarus Uprising was release which was around 2012. So he has to work on 2 new consoles for the games, make them both unique enough from each other, make gameplay mechanic decisions, amiibo, fix the online experience, and appease a smash community, that apparently will yell at him for not giving the actual light suit for Samus, in less time than Project M.

Give the man a break guys Jesus the fact he is even going this far for
the game already and is getting pressure from all sides, not just from the smash community, its just is overwhelming. No wonder the man has health conditions when developing these games. Let him give simple homage to something a character has had in the past, so he can work on the actual god damn game.

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Always hating, Wasp.
not really hating, i still like it but i just wished they did it the right way. I mean, if you want samus to represent her lightsuit in smash4, then give her the proper lightsuit. Even te colorpallette isn't exactly right. her visor should be white instead of yellow, but yeah call it hating... I'm just being objective here.

Same goes for link's Skyloft-colored outfit. They call it an alternate costume but they didn't even removed links hat. Since it's possible to give little Mac a hoodie and a whole trainingsuit, why not put that same effort on other characters?

That's just something I don't really get.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
not really hating, i still like it but i just wished they did it the right way. I mean, if you want samus to represent her lightsuit in smash4, then give her the proper lightsuit. Even te colorpallette isn't exactly right. her visor should be white instead of yellow, but yeah call it hating... I'm just being objective here.

Same goes for link's Skyloft-colored outfit. They call it an alternate costume but they didn't even removed links hat. Since it's possible to give little Mac a hoodie and a whole trainingsuit, why not put that same effort on other characters?

That's just something I don't really get.
Okay, fair enough. ♥

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Keyword: Modders.

Modding a game=/=making a game. Plus they have the assets of the game at their disposal.

Also, Brawl was released in 2008. They've have had a 6 year time span to add the modifications they did.

So far the only impressive thing in Smash 4 are Mii Fighters, besides that. I dont see any real improve from Brawl. Project M being created by fans for fans is just doing what Sakurai and Nintendo did not. You need arguments, why this game is going to be better than Project M?

So far, Project M has real Alternative Costumes, Better gameplay, better character balance, better stages...

Smash 4 has Miis and customization and thats it, nothing impressive besides that. Dont be misstaken unlike others im going to give a chance to Smash 4, mainly for the customization. but Smash 4 will not be better than Project M.

Nope... I mean Project M alternative costume of Samus is based in Light Suit, changing many elements from the armour. That Samus of Smash 4 is just Other M samus in white colour. A Mod being better than the official next game, thats P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C.
What a pathetic little guy.

Do you usually feel the need to measure the e-peens of an unreleased game with a modded version of an already existing one? And I guess that since SSB4 is not using the light suit model, that alone makes it inferior to Project M? What a joke argument.
I love also that for the sake of that statement we are ignoring that Little Mac, Wii Fit Trainers and the Villager all have alt costumes. Besides, we haven't seen the whole game yet which means that there are still other texture swaps and alt costumes that we haven't seen. But hey, shoot first look for facts later, right?
Don't think any us can take you seriously from here on. Dismiss yourself good sir.

Last edited:

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
No, man, it's Fire Mario.

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
Poor Project M XD

Then again their Light Suit uses a different model so it's still different, and having the Light Suit in both games won't hurt at all!

Also all the US Mario Mains are rejoicing now XD

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
Coming in a day late to post on this thread, but whatever.

I look at this and see recolors, but recolors that I love. Honestly, before thinking of the Golf: U.S. Mario costume, I legitimately was like "Look, they made an American Hype Train Conductor costume for Mario."

Choo-choo.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Project m is a nice side tourney. Uhh...Allstar mode looks cool...I guess.
Yes, Allstar mode is all that Project M includes, please
Are you serious? For one, you don't know if the gameplay is better yet because Smash 4 isn't even finished or released.
The gameplay is already revealed and even if the game is still in development, gameplay is not going to change much.
Aside from that, it being a better game than Project M is completely subjective because from your post, all that seems to make a good game is costumes, balance, and stages. Most of Project M's stages are Final Destination-esque with some platforms thrown in anyway. (No offense to the people who've worked hard on it.)

I mean, forget the new game modes, characters, exciting stages, customization features, expanded-upon online options, all of it. Who gives a **** if it doesn't look and play exactly like Project M, right? I'd rather have fancy alt. costumes and generic FD stages! P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C.
"Most of Project M's stages are Final Destination-esque with some platforms thrown in anyway". Your conception about stages is wrong. You are talking like if platforms had no significant effect in the gameplay. Anyway imagine for a second the same Project M stages without aditional platforms besides the main one. The size and shape of the main platform alongside with the distance between the main platform and the blast line (death zone) influences the way to play.

I just want stages of acceptable shape and size without having to worry about explosions or lasers that can kill me or anything attacking me. I want to fight against my opponent, not against the stage.

"Generic FD stages" You said? Project M allows people to pick around a dozen of different stages to play without any crappy stage hazard.
If i want to do this in Smash 4, the 90% of the options are Final Destination, really:

So, we have Willy castle, stage with really unconventional and interesting platforms. Problem? Yellow Devil. What we got then? Final Destination:

Pyrosphere, another great stage aparently screwed by Ridley. Any solution? Final Destination:

The thing is that some stages that are perfect have a Final Destination form, like this amazing Battlefield Final Destination:

You accuse Project M of having just "FD stages" (that is false) while Smash 4 is Almost forcing players to pick between LOLSTAGEHAZARDS or Final Destination. Not even 5 decent stages if we exclude FD and BF, in both WiiU and 3DS version.

"Super Smash Bros 4, now with 1000% more of Final Destination"
Thats the perfect SSB4 slogan.
What a pathetic little guy.

Do you usually feel the need to measure the e-peens of an unreleased game with a modded version of an already existing one? And I guess that since SSB4 is not using the light suit model, that alone makes it inferior to Project M? What a joke argument.
I love also that for the sake of that statement we are ignoring that Little Mac, Wii Fit Trainers and the Villager all have alt costumes. Besides, we haven't seen the whole game yet which means that there are still other texture swaps and alt costumes that we haven't seen. But hey, shoot first look for facts later, right?
Don't think any us can take you seriously from here on. Dismiss yourself good sir.
I actually forgot about Wii Fit trainer and Villager. No SSB4 not using the light suit model is just a minor thing, what makes inferior SSB4 to Project M is the gameplay: characters, stages, mechanics... Alternative costumes are something not really important, but they add content to the game. Perhaps the pathetic word was incorrect from my part.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Yes, Allstar mode is all that Project M includes, please
The gameplay is already revealed and even if the game is still in development, gameplay is not going to change much.
"Most of Project M's stages are Final Destination-esque with some platforms thrown in anyway". Your conception about stages is wrong. You are talking like if platforms had no significant effect in the gameplay. Anyway imagine for a second the same Project M stages without aditional platforms besides the main one. The size and shape of the main platform alongside with the distance between the main platform and the blast line (death zone) influences the way to play.

I just want stages of acceptable shape and size without having to worry about explosions or lasers that can kill me or anything attacking me. I want to fight against my opponent, not against the stage.

"Generic FD stages" You said? Project M allows people to pick around a dozen of different stages to play without any crappy stage hazard.
If i want to do this in Smash 4, the 90% of the options are Final Destination, really:

So, we have Willy castle, stage with really unconventional and interesting platforms. Problem? Yellow Devil. What we got then? Final Destination:

Pyrosphere, another great stage aparently screwed by Ridley. Any solution? Final Destination:

The thing is that some stages that are perfect have a Final Destination form, like this amazing Battlefield Final Destination:

You accuse Project M of having just "FD stages" (that is false) while Smash 4 is Almost forcing players to pick between LOLSTAGEHAZARDS or Final Destination. Not even 5 decent stages if we exclude FD and BF, in both WiiU and 3DS version.

"Super Smash Bros 4, now with 1000% more of Final Destination"
Thats the perfect SSB4 slogan.
I actually forgot about Wii Fit trainer and Villager. No SSB4 not using the light suit model is just a minor thing, what makes inferior SSB4 to Project M is the gameplay: characters, stages, mechanics... Alternative costumes are something not really important, but they add content to the game. Perhaps the pathetic word was incorrect from my part.
Says most of the stages are FD clones/hazardous, mentions only four... Disregarding the fact that the game is unreleased as well and we haven't seen all of the stages yet. I think you've made yourself enough of a fool for today.

Last edited:

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Says most of the stages are FD clones/hazardous, mentions only four... Disregarding the fact that the game is unreleased as well and we haven't seen all of the stages yet. I think you've made yourself enough of a fool for today.
Sorry sir, for not including a whole list of stages and descriptions about those, i really thought that all the human beings of this world could recognize stage hazards or the shape of Final Destination. Sakurai: "Almost all the stages have a Final Destination form". Sounds like we are free to add a bunch of Stage hazards because you can play FD anyway.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
OK, I NEVER thought this would be a Mario costume. The light samus obviously makes sense, but Mario?....Oh I'm not complaining, but WTF?

Diabolical

Smash Apprentice
OK, replace that thousands with hundreds(might be more don't know till the credits roll) because Brawl had less than 1,000 people working on it. And not all of Namco is working on this one game either. Also Modders have all the time in the world to do this stuff like others said. Project M started like in 2011 and only now is getting a lot of praise for it's stuff being more completed by the modding/smash community.

So adding stuff like alternate costumes is just icing on this cake man.
Sakurai, upon the announcement of the game, was not notified by it until after the announcement itself and said he would start development AFTER Kid Icarus Uprising was release which was around 2012. So he has to work on 2 new consoles for the games, make them both unique enough from each other, make gameplay mechanic decisions, amiibo, fix the online experience, and appease a smash community, that apparently will yell at him for not giving the actual light suit for Samus, in less time than Project M.

Give the man a break guys Jesus the fact he is even going this far for
the game already and is getting pressure from all aides, not just from the smash community, its just is overwhelming. No wonder the man has health conditions when developing these games. Let him give simple homage to something a character has had in the past, so he can work on the actual god damn game.
Priject M outplays Smash4 in gameplay too. Bloody Brawl physics

Top Bottom