• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 10th

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
If this was updated last Friday, I would officially nominate Sakurai the greatest living being that has ever existed.

I mean, not that the Star Wars reference or the fact that he got the Light Suit planned before Project M gave him any boost in awesomeness.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I wonder. Samus and Mario already have 6 palettes in previous games, which was the maximum in Brawl. Would these overlap any of the current swaps, or will the maximum amount of alternate costumes be increased?

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
I wonder. Samus and Mario already have 6 palettes in previous games, which was the maximum in Brawl. Would these overlap any of the current swaps, or will the maximum amount of alternate costumes be increased?
Actually there's nothing like a maximum for that... until there's no more disc space maybe, but yeah, Wario had like 10 different color option in brawl due to his alternate costume.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Actually there's nothing like a maximum for that... until there's no more disc space maybe, but yeah, Wario had like 10 different color option in brawl due to his alternate costume.
By maximum, I mean to say that the most any character had in the entire series was 6. The only exception being Wario, with 6 swaps per costume.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Y'know, as tongue in cheek as Sakurai has been before, I'm surprised they didn't use this pic on the 4th.

And it's a good thing that Samus costume isn't a stormtrooper, or she'd never hit anything. >_>

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Yar, tis beautiful.

Sakurai beat Project M to the punch!! At this point, I also don't see a Dr. Mario costume NOT being in the game.

Haw-haw, first post!
How exactly? Project M shows to the world how pathetic was Brawl, adding a great diversity of costumes for characters, that how Brawl was suposed to be.

Also, dont expect Dr. Mario. Just Look:

Look at this Samus! Look at this AMAZING piece of art. Smash 4 white Samus is exactly THAT. A freaking white Samus, just a palette swap, nothign more. Mario? the same Mario with different colours, but nothing more than that, not real alternative costume. The only character that has real alternative costumes at the moment is Little Mac and thats it.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Love this Potd! I'll be using that alternate color for Samus everytime I play as her.

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
How exactly? Project M shows to the world how pathetic was Brawl, adding a great diversity of costumes for characters, that how Brawl was suposed to be.

Look at this Samus! Look at this AMAZING piece of art. Smash 4 white Samus is exactly THAT. A freaking white Samus, just a palette swap, nothign more. Mario? the same Mario with different colours, but nothing more than that, not real alternative costume. The only character that has real alternative costumes at the moment is Little Mac and thats it.
OMG seriously? He DID beat Project M. This game will be better than Project M. It may not be as fast as Melee, but it will still be the bomb.com . I like Project M, but saying that Sakurai DIDN'T beat Project M with Smash 4 is madness.

P.S, Sorry for the Double Post Mods, it won't happen again!

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

If he could do it with one character, he could do it with others. So that doesn't take Dr. Mario out of the question just yet.

Besides, who cares is it's just Samus' suit painted white? It's still based on the Light Suit.

Last edited:

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
OMG seriously? He DID beat Project M. This game will be better than Project M. It may not be as fast as Melee, but it will still be the bomb.com . I like Project M, but saying that Sakurai DIDN'T beat Project M with Smash 4 is madness.

P.S, Sorry for the Double Post Mods, it won't happen again!
So far the only impressive thing in Smash 4 are Mii Fighters, besides that. I dont see any real improve from Brawl. Project M being created by fans for fans is just doing what Sakurai and Nintendo did not. You need arguments, why this game is going to be better than Project M?

So far, Project M has real Alternative Costumes, Better gameplay, better character balance, better stages...

Smash 4 has Miis and customization and thats it, nothing impressive besides that. Dont be misstaken unlike others im going to give a chance to Smash 4, mainly for the customization. but Smash 4 will not be better than Project M.

If he could do it with one character, he could do it with others. So that doesn't take Dr. Mario out of the question just yet.

Besides, who cares is it's just Samus' suit painted white? It's still based on the Light Suit.
Nope... I mean Project M alternative costume of Samus is based in Light Suit, changing many elements from the armour. That Samus of Smash 4 is just Other M samus in white colour. A Mod being better than the official next game, thats P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Nope... I mean Project M alternative costume of Samus is based in Light Suit, changing many elements from the armour. That Samus of Smash 4 is just Other M samus in white colour. A Mod being better than the official next game, thats P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C.
Again, it's still based on the Light Suit. Who gives a flying damn if it's not exactly the Light Suit. I mean honestly, nobody is complaining here. You don't see anyone complaining about the Fusion Suit not beign 1:1 to what it was in Fusion, or how Ganondorf's Ocarina palette in Brawl isn't exactly the same as in Ocarina, or whatever. Developers don't need to add another model into the game for the sake of "fan service" if they could just recolor the existing model.

Besides, it's just one aesthetic change, it's not like that alone ruins the whole game.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
So far the only impressive thing in Smash 4 are Mii Fighters, besides that. I dont see any real improve from Brawl. Project M being created by fans for fans is just doing what Sakurai and Nintendo did not. You need arguments, why this game is going to be better than Project M?

So far, Project M has real Alternative Costumes, Better gameplay, better character balance, better stages...

Smash 4 has Miis and customization and thats it, nothing impressive besides that. Dont be misstaken unlike others im going to give a chance to Smash 4, mainly for the customization. but Smash 4 will not be better than Project M.

Whatever. I'm not even gonna start a valid argument with you.
Again, it's still based on the Light Suit. Who gives a flying damn if it's not exactly the Light Suit. I mean honestly, nobody is complaining here. You don't see anyone complaining about the Fusion Suit not beign 1:1 to what it was in Fusion, or how Ganondorf's Ocarina palette in Brawl isn't exactly the same as in Ocarina, or whatever. Developers don't need to add another model into the game for the sake of "fan service" if they could just recolor the existing model.

Besides, it's just one aesthetic change, it's not like that alone ruins the whole game.
Exactly.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
BOWSER YOUR GAME IS THROUGH CAUSE NOW YOU HAVE TO ANSWER TOO...
MARIO!!!!
**** YEAH!!!!
WHAT YA GONNA DO WHEN HE JUMPS ON YOU NOW!!!!

MUSHROOMS!
**** YEAH!!!

FIRE FLOWERS!
**** YEAH!!!

QUESTION BLOCKS!
**** YEAH!!!

FLAG POLES!
**** YEAH!!!

SUPERSTARS!
**** YEAH!!!

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375

Who cares? If Sakurai wanted to make the costume, he would've. What's so wrong with this? Why can't we just be happy this is in Smash 4 instead of comparing it to Protect M.

Last edited:

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Who cares? If Sakurai wanted to make the costume, he would've. What's so wrong with this? Why can't we just be happy this is in Smash 4 instead of comparing it to Protect M.
Sakurai wanting to add or not the costume means nothing, a bad decission is a bad decission. Actually i disliked people comparing Smash 4 to Project M in the past, but... This... I mean Project M showing great Alternative costumes and then Smash 4 comes with Palette swaps and recolours... Dude...

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Sakurai wanting to add or not the costume means nothing, a bad decission is a bad decission. Actually i disliked people comparing Smash 4 to Project M in the past, but... This... I mean Project M showing great Alternative costumes and then Smash 4 comes with Palette swaps and recolours... Dude...
I see it as trying to add some fun to the little things like this. I think the alternates look very cool. And the USA Mario memes are very funny too XD Sakurai probably looks at some of the Project M stuff as ideas. Adds some fun to picking the costume you want for your character.

NintyTheRagekid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintyTheRageKid
3DS FC
5455-9431-1608
Switch FC
SW-2209-3322-3333

It looks like Mario is part of The Real Americans now.

WE THE PEOPLE!

Last edited:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace

Project M has all the time in the world to make these costumes... Smash 4 has a date that it needs to be released, they don't have time to make unique alternate costume models for every character. You need to quit hating, smash 4 isn't even out yet...

Diabolical

Smash Apprentice
Project M has all the time in the world to make these costumes... Smash 4 has a date that it needs to be released, they don't have time to make unique alternate costume models for every character. You need to quit hating, smash 4 isn't even out yet...
Smash 4 has thousands of people working on it and an enormous budget......project M is programmed by only a few for free.....what are you thinking? There is no excuse for Nintendo to be outplayed by modders

Last edited:

Escorcho

Smash Rookie
I can see Blood Falcon being a more accurate costume this time around. Like Captain Falcon might actually have the skull on his helmet and the spiky thing on his shoulder, instead of just the Blood Hawk design. I'd be hyped for that.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I know Sakurai probably already had these coded months ago but it's a pretty happy coincidence that he reveals this pic with Light Suit Samus just a few weeks after Project M's trailer, now the question is...which game will come out first?

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
So this picture is giving me even more hope for a certain theory/wish of mine.

I think that as well as the regular and generic colour swaps, this each character in this game will get at least one "texture swap" and one "model swap". The only exception being Pikachu and Jigglypuff, since they wear different hats anyway.

So far, we know Mario, Samus and Link have a texture swap that references something really specific. Sonic also has a costume that seems like it's inspired by Silver the Hedgehog.

And we know Little Mac has a similar kind of texture swap in the form of Wireframe Mac, but also has a model swap in "Hoodie Mac".

So hopefully, this is a trend all characters will follow, so we can have some really cool costumes for every character.
See also Dark Pit.

Top Bottom