• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 8th

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
hmmm yes, flatzonemight be a returning soundtrack, but again, if there's gonna be gameboy classics playing on the background, I guess there's a medley for the whole thing.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
The first video game I ever played was Super Mario Land on the Game Boy. For the longest time, Mario and Pokemon were the only Nintendo games I knew about. But then a friend showed me Smash Brothers...

It's like everything's come full circle.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Now here's a stage that I'll probably end up playing on the most, me & my mom had some fun memories playing our Gameboy games, such as LoZ Link's Awakening (I hope they get The Ballad of the Wind Fish theme in there in some form) and of course Tetris (hopefully it's a stage hazard where you have to avoid the blocks).

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
That is sick! Maybe this will be a transition stage moving through different Game Boy games, like Super Mario Land and Tetris? I'm really excited to see the 3D on this too!

Enigma14

Smash Champion
So in Brawl we had a Game n' Watch stage and several NES ones.

Continuing the trend, we have a Gameboy one and maybe some SNES stages?

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
I've been playing a lot of Gameboy titles lately, so this was kind of ironic (not to mention awesome).

This stage or whatever better have an incredibly awesome medley for one of it's two music tracks...Super Mario Land! Link's Awakening! Wario Land! Tetris! Kirby's Dream Land! Metroid II! Imagine the possibilities.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I love how he's referencing his first Kirby game, Kirby's Dreamland. So cute! That was my first Kirby game. How nostalgic.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I really hope that tetris, super mario land, pokemon red/blue, link's awakening, metroid 2 and kirby's dreamland show up in the background, maybe even with hazards popping out. This has so much potential. Also this appears to be the start up screen meaning that something else will definitely show up

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Hey, a cool stage.
inb4 people whine and moan about it seeming to be a walk of---
oh wait.

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
That´s the point.
not exactly, with the "HL3 confirmed" meme there's usually something that actually adds up to or has even the smallest amount of relation to the number 3 or the half life series itself. what you brought up, the gameboy, had no affiliation with either of those things.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Gameboy Stage?
Wario debuted on the Gameboy.
...DAISY CONFIR-*shot*

Ultra*HappyCharge

Smash Apprentice
NYAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!! I laugh at first when I see that description for the POTD. In the Philippines, we used that "ba-ding" phrase to call someone who is gay or ****** XD Anyhoos, Original gameboy is <3 ^_^

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
This looks awesome.

The Final Destination version will be cool (if any).

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
I wonder if this stage will end up having Gameboy-game themes, or if it's just that screen? Will the Nintendo logo be a platform? Is this the first time I've posted something that isn't some witty comment?

Last edited:

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
I've realized that the reason I'm sometimes disappointed by PotDs now... I always hear people saying "I'm pretty sure we're getting _________ tomorrow" or "Most likely we'll get __________ tomorrow" or "it's the 26th 1/2 anniversary of _________ so we'll get _________ tomorrow for sure!" and for some reason it took me until today to realize that NOBODY KNOWS WHAT'S HAPPENING TOMORROW! I've been following the PotD since it started happening, and the only thing predictable about it, is that it won't be predictable.

Oh and in regards to this picture; I'm so happy to see retro handheld gaming getting some representation in Smash Bros! That Gameboy "ba-ding" is a noise that marked the beginning of a very enjoyable evening throughout my childhood. :)

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Again, SEEM to be filtered
I'm here for you.

edit: Am I the only one who thought this wasn't a stage, but rather, that it had to do with the 3DS version intro? I mean, Sakurai doesn't say it's a stage, explicitly.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The first video game I ever played was Super Mario Land on the Game Boy. For the longest time, Mario and Pokemon were the only Nintendo games I knew about. But then a friend showed me Smash Brothers...

It's like everything's come full circle.
Literally ditto (except the friend showing me Smash Bros part, a trailer in a computer store did! :p)

Gepona

Smash Rookie
NNID
iEndzone
3DS FC
5069-3947-0346
I'm here for you.

edit: Am I the only one who thought this wasn't a stage, but rather, that it had to do with the 3DS version intro? I mean, Sakurai doesn't say it's a stage, explicitly.
If it was the intro people would complain about having Kirby and Dedede in there :troll:

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
If it were an intro thing, why would King Dedede have a full-color hammer? Hmmm? HMMM?? :p

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
Ugh... I'm sorry to say this but... Game & Watch confirmed, he must just be a hidden character if they're not going to confirm him lol

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
If it were an intro thing, why would King Dedede have a full-color hammer? Hmmm? HMMM?? :p
That's true. Still, I'd love for the 3DS version intro to cycle through the Nintendo handheld history, from Gameboy Fat all the way to 3DS, ending in the CG stuff.

But you're right. The hammer probably means it is a stage, or at the least, a playable area for a special game mode, or even an event room for Smash Run... who knows.

Top Bottom