• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 28th

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
No one noticed how terrible it is to give a Mii Brawler -50 attack?
WHAT IS THE STRATEGY HERE?

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
You're right... my words weren't chosen carefully. What I meant to say was that I always had the impression that quite a few competitive players were complaining that brawl was too different from melee. This can be seen by the fact that melee was one of the games on the EVO-championships and by the fact that Project M tries to recreate melee's engine. (not completely of course, but it is a lot closer to melee than brawl) While there is nothing wrong with that per se, I can't help but feel that if something similar would happen again in smash 4, like "banning custom moves/final smashes" competitively, we would remain somewhat stuck in the past. I don't know, it is just how I feel about it...
It might not have been completely clear but I wasn't really talking about tier lists or melee being the reason that tier lists exsist or something like that, but I tried talking about bringing change/evolution to the series, a series that just so happened to became really popular with the release of melee. And because of this popularity we could be blinded with the nostalgia of faster engines, wave dashing and single movesets... Instead of trying something completely different.
I understand. The reason speed is so appealing is because to most people faster play makes things more exciting. Also wavedashing was so popular due to how good of a movement option it can be. Same for dash dancing. Honestly all I want in Smash 4 is dash dancing. That mechanic alone allows for a ton of options like fake outs, tech chasing, pivoting, and other things. Ken pointed things out perfectly. All Smash 4 needs to be good is dash dancing, DI, and less end lag on moves and it'll be amazing imo.

Master Shuckle

Master of Defense
NNID
Master-Shuckle
3DS FC
3196-4660-1846
Because the Nintendo Direct will an announce a new character tomorrow.

90% sure

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Kind of sad that so much effort has been put into customization and yet none of it is usable online. They should add a third option to for glory and for fun... how about for customizing?

Sigh... I suppose I'll go lock myself in my room and fall asleep to world's smallest violin.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Cool, but what's with all the 3ds pics lately?
The 3DS version comes out in 2 weeks in Japan, whereas the Wii U one currently has a late Q4 release date. Once the 3DS version drops, it'll probably be all Wii U updates. I feel ya' though, I'm far more excited for the Wii U version, but really just because I can't really picture how playing Smash on a 3DS will be comfortable or easy to control, haha.

Master Shuckle

Master of Defense
NNID
Master-Shuckle
3DS FC
3196-4660-1846
Kind of sad that so much effort has been put into customization and yet none of it is usable online. They should add a third option to for glory and for fun... how about for customizing?

Sigh... I suppose I'll go lock myself in my room and fall asleep to world's smallest violin.
Not against strangers, but you can use custom moves for friend battles.

Master Shuckle

Master of Defense
NNID
Master-Shuckle
3DS FC
3196-4660-1846
That is if the Nintendo Direct isn't only for Japan which it currently is.
There is still a possibility of being uploading the main site in your respective language, or even better It could be mute like some others and be a global version.

Last edited:

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Kinda lame that you can't bring your customs into at least the "For Fun"

Not being in "For Glory" is understandable but the customs would definitely add strategy to each match.

Watch re-skins be unavailable in online matches:awesome:

Last edited:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
This week has by far been my favorite. While all ya'lls just been complaining about the leak and characters, I gets me Spectator mode, Challenges, Intensity scale for single player, and some great musical selection updates that I can't wait to hear in full.

As for character just chill. They'll come when they come. Besides isn't it nice to have one or two surprises once the game releases (Even if it's just in Japan) that you weren't expecting?

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Dangit :/ I was hoping against logic that the custom moves would be part of the Character Select Screen...even if it's just more convenient UI, it could've really helped to encourage the viability of custom moves in tournament play; given the time it takes to customize stuff if it's in a diff mode/menu like Brawl, it probably won't have much of a chance of being used to help CP MUs and whatnot :/
I think this is for Smash Run, lol

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
Why do people complain about the updates? It's more new details, even if the general concept is stuff we know.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Why do people complain about the updates? It's more new details, even if the general concept is stuff we know.
It's almost definitely because people would rather see Characters, Items, or Stages. Given that some of the updates are exciting "New playable character!!" type updates, the "Look at this screenshot of this menu screen." seems to pale in comparison.

I personally think any update we get is neat, but I'm guilty for wishing there were more character / stage pics. *shrug*

Last edited:

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
>taking points out of strength
good
>putting more points in speed
very good
>putting points into defense
>not putting more points into speed
Enjoy being too slow scrub

KrymsonSkyz

Smash Apprentice

I agree, customization is useless if there's no one to show it off too...

Pokefan203

Smash Apprentice
Can't wait to play as Goku with that shirt.

You guys gonna make Goku with normal hair, or with super saiyan hair? Or bald?

I now have created a strawpoll as well.

http://strawpoll.me/2444100

It's almost definitely because people would rather see Characters, Items, or Stages. Given that some of the updates are exciting "New playable character!!" type updates, the "Look at this screenshot of this menu screen." seems to pale in comparison.

I personally think any update we get is neat, but I'm guilty for wishing there were more character / stage pics. *shrug*
Personally I was happier we got the mii fighter pic today than the meta knight reveal. I liike seeing the stuff we don't focus on.

Last edited:

Hero of the Winds

Smash Journeyman
It kinda sucks that all this week I have stayed up until 3 AM for nothing. Oh well, if Sakurai reveals a veteran tomorrow, there at least will be one good pic this week.
I don't think he'll reveal one in a PotD because there's a direct tomorrow. Well a Japanese direct at least >-<

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
I don't think he'll reveal one in a PotD because there's a direct tomorrow. Well a Japanese direct at least >-<
Yea I found this out shortly after I
posted this...and by the looks of things, the direct is only for Japan so I'm doubting that Sakurai will reveal a character.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Am I the only one around who hates the inclusion of Miis?
I'm disappointed they aren't usable online, though I can understand all the arguments of questionable designs and the like.

I feel like if the Mii fighters were treated more like the other fighter in being online and maybe having defaults, they wouldn't feel like an almost unnecessary inclusion.

But you have to admit, the miis are going to sell it more to the casual players.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
As a joke "Challenger approaching" screen shows up, then The Terminator theme plays, to reveal the Mii of Arnold Schwarzenegger with the entry line "Arnold Schwarzenegger terminates the competition"

Top Bottom