• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 28th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. Customize your characters in the Custom section. It sounded better to customize "characters" instead of "fighters," so that's what we went with. There are various ways to customize, but make sure you remember to set up the powers you're bringing with you before playing a round of Smash Run."

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Interesting. The "no invinciblity on respawn" bit is almost exactly like the negative modifiers from Kid Icarus. Looks like there's only +1s too.

No noobs running around with random +1s, I guess.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Dangit :/ I was hoping against logic that the custom moves would be part of the Character Select Screen...even if it's just more convenient UI, it could've really helped to encourage the viability of custom moves in tournament play; given the time it takes to customize stuff if it's in a diff mode/menu like Brawl, it probably won't have much of a chance of being used to help CP MUs and whatnot :/

pickle962

Smash Lord
Guys, we ain't being "punished" for that asinine 4chan leak! I mean is really that crazy to assume Sakurai had planned out what content he would post every weekday to Miiverse well in advance? IIRC, Brawl had content posts similar to the ones we have been getting this week leading up to its Japanese release culminating in a picture of the starter CSS menu the day the game was out in Japan.

Habimaru

Smash Rookie
Dangit :/ I was hoping against logic that the custom moves would be part of the Character Select Screen...even if it's just more convenient UI, it could've really helped to encourage the viability of custom moves in tournament play; given the time it takes to customize stuff if it's in a diff mode/menu like Brawl, it probably won't have much of a chance of being used to help CP MUs and whatnot :/
You can always bring them on you with your 3DS, i guess

Legaci

Smash Cadet
The filler is real with this one. It makes me wonder if Sakurai will announce something big soon.

-TAG-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuprSmashKing16
Why wasn't there a worldwide release for this version? This just seems to be filler for the Japanese release, since it's more than two week away.

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
At long last, I get to play as a Ryu/Ken Mii! My not-so-dreams are finally coming true!

......Also, Goku Mii 4 Smash.:troll:

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure I didn't see Mii Fighters on that 'leaked' list of characters. What gives?

KrymsonSkyz

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure I didn't see Mii Fighters on that 'leaked' list of characters. What gives?
It was confirmed that it had to be turned on and would replace the random select, or something like that.

But I know it was confirmed.

Firelucario

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2664-2218-5783
I agree, the custom moves are too big a feature to just ignore in the tournaments... I think they are very interesting and they would bring a whole new layer of strategy to the game. Not to mention the fact that we could have a more dynamic metagame without a clear-cut tier list. I believe too many people are sticking to the melee formula, smash is evolving and so should the metagame. But alas, that is just my humble opinion. :upsidedown:

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Looks like we're not getting anything important until just before the game release in Japan.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Looking more at the 3ds version, this game will not be worst than the Wii U version.

Kirbybrawl

Smash Cadet
For this game coming out in two weeks in japan they really have been showing some mediocre screenshots. I doubt the leak has anything to do with it. I'd rather see some alternate costumes or colors ✌

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
It's like we're being punished.
I guess you can thank the assholes who decided to leak the new characters. I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai brought back tripping at this point.

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Wait, so we can use Mii's online for Smash Run but not for fun & glory modes?

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Wait, so we can use Mii's online for Smash Run but not for fun & glory modes?
I don't believe that Smash Run has any online capabilities..I hope that's not the case tho!

Master Shuckle

Master of Defense
NNID
Master-Shuckle
3DS FC
3196-4660-1846
I don't want to start any flames, but I have a sneaking feeling that tomorrow we will get Ridley.

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
Wow can we plz get something to hype us up about the game cause this is not really hype material idk maybe a HUGE Ridley reveal with him fighting mewtwo perhaps? We haven't had a newcomer in a while last thing we got was a veteran metaknight we need some hypetrain material.

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

it doesnt look like you 'turn off invincibility' to me.

It looks more like that's a stat adjust for something that' been equipped.
Red for nerf, black for a buff.

So the character has something that trades spawn invulnerability for improved attack in a crisis.

surprised noones gone all "ermagerd you can equip shine!!!!"

Last edited:
Top Bottom