• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 25th

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Only 7 levels in classic? The past games have had like 11 or 13. Sure there's multiple pathways, but man classic mode will be quick.

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
For the intensity boss change I'm sure it will be one of the following things:

1: Master & Crazy Hand

2: Tabuu, Galleom or Duon

3: Hades from Kid Icarus Uprising (because troll Sakurai) or some other major villain from a Nintendo franchise (Demise, Porky, King Boo, Black Shado and such. Maybe it will depend on the character?)

4: New Character that acts like Giga Bowser from melee (powered-up form of an existing character or brand new boss like the subspace guys from brawl). Giga Bowser himself probably won't be a boss since he's a final smash.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
crazy hand confirmed...ORR maybe just maybe...THE POWER GLOVE AS A NEW HAND BOSS! calling it here!

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
UGH I freaking hate the gold challenge thing in Kid Icarus. I HATE getting punished for losing and than having to start at an easier level. It's so infuriating. IF I want to keep tying to play the game at the difficulty level I choose until I master it, than I should be able to. Not limited and knocekd down a level. I really didn't like this feature in KI and never finished the single player of that game. Probably because or something like this.

I just don't like being forced into a mode I didn't originally pick. It's like picking a game on "very hard" you die, lose your gold, and the game tells you "no you're going to play this on medium". WTF I didn't pick that.

I dunno. I can't be the only person who found that problematic.
I actually like it. That system is the perfect balance between casual players who just want to have a nice stroll and those who look for a difficult challenge. And the intensity lowering to punish you for dying actually encourages you to play better on your next try by being more careful and advancing strategically; it also avoids discouraging lesser players to give up due to the high difficulty; not to mention that by succeeding you get generous rewards depending on how much gold you put. This is basically the game's way to tell you "What's that? You wanted to clear this on the highest difficulty? Well then, you shouldn't have died there buddy. Git gud, son".

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
So at the end waits master hand, but if you change the intensity he might change into something else.

Seems most likely to switch between him and Crazy Hand, and maybe at the highest difficulties you fight both of them at once. That would be my guess.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
I would like to see normal bosses (Ridley, The Emperor, Yellow Devil) as mid-bosses. That would be cool

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
Didnt we get something exactly like this not to long ago? If so whats the difference?

Last edited:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Didnt we get something exactly like this not to long ago? If so whats the difference?
Nah the section about the classic mode was added to the website, but Sakurai himself never poster a PotD about it explaining it. Admittedly his explanation is just vague hints and riddles, but then again this is the man who posted nintendogs like five times so...

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
Nah the section about the classic mode was added to the website, but Sakurai himself never poster a PotD about it explaining it. Admittedly his explanation is just vague hints and riddles, but then again this is the man who posted nintendogs like five times so...
Mmmm i knew this had to be similar well thanks for the confirmation guess only difference is Sakurai made a PotD.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I would like to see normal bosses (Ridley, The Emperor, Yellow Devil) as mid-bosses. That would be cool
That's what I'm seeing happening. I'm hoping to see something like:
  • Metal Mario (Metal Bros with high intensity)
  • Ridley (Meta Ridley on high intensity)
  • Dark Pit / Dark Link combo with a different and/or stronger moveset than the playable Pit and Link (perhaps even the ability to use ALL they're moves including default and custom moves)
  • Sigma
  • Mini-Hands in the form of a "Yoshi Team" kind of fight
  • Some kind of Legendary Pokemon (Rayquaza was a good one in Brawl)
Regardless, I'd like to see much more creative boss battles

Raph_the_Great

Smash Apprentice
Just remember that the character unlocks come after the Master hand/Crazy Hand fight. Like in all other Smash games. They wouldn't have it instead of.

Probably a logo for a different type of non-Smash event, since it has a trophy above it. It's probably a quick minigame for collecting them or something.
It's Mega Man's Logo, with a Kremling trophy above. probably meaning that you get the trophy if you beat him.

And Damn! The Music in this game is Frikkin Awesome!

Last edited:

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
It's Mega Man's Logo, with a Kremling trophy above. probably meaning that you get the trophy if you beat him.
That probably makes sense too. I mean it does look like it, but you'd kinda thing the hole at the gear's center would be at least barely visible.

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
I was hoping for something like the "Destined Battle" from Soul Calibur 2... Y'know, Mario vs Bowser, Link vs Rafael Ganondorf, etc.

Last edited:

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
I hope the intensity means higher computer level rather than just more health for bosses and stuff.

As far as we know, the levels range from 1 to 10, where the scale goes from 0 to 9. It could match up (0=lv 1, etc), but I feel it's a bit unlikely.

Also, I like the idea of the demon being the intense boss.

Enchlore

Smash Cadet
NNID
Enchlore
I'm thinking that the Fiend seen in the intensity screen is the secret final boss.

ShyKChan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shyflutters18
3DS FC
0662-3508-3411
I definitely like the alternate final boss thing. Guess I'm gonna be playing Classic a lot now, just to see all the possible paths and bosses! :p

KatKit

Smash Lord
Imagine if you had to fight all of the stage hazards afterward.

Actually... semi off topic... did boss battles return? I'd love to fight Twin Rova.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I actually like it. That system is the perfect balance between casual players who just want to have a nice stroll and those who look for a difficult challenge. And the intensity lowering to punish you for dying actually encourages you to play better on your next try by being more careful and advancing strategically; it also avoids discouraging lesser players to give up due to the high difficulty; not to mention that by succeeding you get generous rewards depending on how much gold you put. This is basically the game's way to tell you "What's that? You wanted to clear this on the highest difficulty? Well then, you shouldn't have died there buddy. Git gud, son".
I disagree. I feel like it's added grinding to get those coins back when I could just be playing the level again on Very Hard. I REALLY hated this feature and I'm really disappointed it's returning. I may not even play this mode because of it. :/ It really kept me from finishing KI Uprising and it's a shame that I know and predict it will do the same for me with this game. I understand getting better but everyone's skills are different and improve different. I like to just keep doing the mode I'm playing until I get it right. If I get knocked down to another mode is REALLY discouraging. It might work for some folks but it will definitely turn others off.

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Its j
I disagree. I feel like it's added grinding to get those coins back when I could just be playing the level again on Very Hard. I REALLY hated this feature and I'm really disappointed it's returning. I may not even play this mode because of it. :/ It really kept me from finishing KI Uprising and it's a shame that I know and predict it will do the same for me with this game. I understand getting better but everyone's skills are different and improve different. I like to just keep doing the mode I'm playing until I get it right. If I get knocked down to another mode is REALLY discouraging. It might work for some folks but it will definitely turn others off.
It's just gonna be the very hard mode with lvl 9 enemies. No difference from brawl or melee so I don't see the problem.

The rewardsystem sounds fair to me. If you want more it'll cost you more. Like gambling. Just be aware of your skill level. You don't HAVE TO choose the highest level. That's the brilliance of it.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Its j

It's just gonna be the very hard mode with lvl 9 enemies. No difference from brawl or melee so I don't see the problem.

The rewardsystem sounds fair to me. If you want more it'll cost you more. Like gambling. Just be aware of your skill level. You don't HAVE TO choose the highest level. That's the brilliance of it.
I suppose but I like the choose as high as I can go and fear I'll be knocked down to start else where. I can see where the system will be rewarding for some but I think for people who like to keep at it even when it's tough, it'll be a punishment or repetition. Maybe I'll appreciate it more since this is Smash and NOT Kid Icarus Uprising. It's different gameplay and maybe I won't have the same problems but I'm super cautious and still wish it were like previous versions.

That or I guess I can play Smash Run more.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
I suppose but I like the choose as high as I can go and fear I'll be knocked down to start else where. I can see where the system will be rewarding for some but I think for people who like to keep at it even when it's tough, it'll be a punishment or repetition. Maybe I'll appreciate it more since this is Smash and NOT Kid Icarus Uprising. It's different gameplay and maybe I won't have the same problems but I'm super cautious and still wish it were like previous versions.

That or I guess I can play Smash Run more.
that's right. It's a totally different game. The reward feels different. It's a fighting game, not an adventureaction shooter whtvr kid icarus is.

Top Bottom