• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 15th

*Risen*

Smash Cadet
Auto Recovery? What? This is all in depth stuff. I love it. Can't wait for the game to come out!

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
but what if those launch day surprises disconfirm your most wanted ;o;
I learned to stop wanting things after Brawl was released. Thus far the game is as much "Brawl but with sloppier physics" as I was expecting. The complete removal of edgehogging solidifies the expectation that any utility made by the competitive crowd is taking a further beating.

It doesn't look like there's air tripping, though, so it's a little better than I was thinking. Looks great in comparison to my expectations.

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
Another day closer to launch means more chances of us getting something new for an update!
Exactly that's why I never get mad when each potd isn't something big, because there's only 20 pics left till japanese release (4 weeks) so there's only so many days he can stall us ;)

Silic0n

Smash Cadet
NNID
Silic0n
I like how the 3DS stuff is being revealed, mainly because that leaves hope that there may still be surprises from the Wii U version to look forward to.

D

Deleted member

Waah sucky PotD.
Waah too much Smash Run.
Waah where's my character.
Waah Kid Icarus influences.
Waah Sakurai's a troll.
Waah Miis ruin everything.
[insert picture/meme signifying boredom/displeasure]
*gets 30+ likes*

HEY GUYS HOW DID I DO?!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Yes, because Smash in the past has always been riddled full with Kirby references and nothing else.

The point is, its unsettling for a single franchise to get much more representation than any other in a game all about combining different universes. Yes he's made those games before, but that also doesn't mean I can't dislike the fact that he gives a game much more representation than I feel it needs to be, especially considering how in past smash games he's never interjected his own titles to this extent before.
This is not about content, references or representation; it's about using gameplay design choices that work well with the game, this is the style Sakurai uses to make games. Asking him to do otherwise is like telling a chef to cook a dish he is unfamiliar with or to tell an artist to draw a picture in a totally different way. If those features work I don't see why we shouldn't have it and removing them for the sake of not offending over-sensitive fans is absurd.
It's also noteworthy to say that people fail to point out that Kid Icarus was influenced a lot by Smash (Smash bias!). The power grid idea was born from Brawl's sticker feature were you were able to customize your character in the SSE.
Kirby also had a lot of influence in the previous Smash, and we have even three characters from that series as fighters, yet nobody said anything at that prospect. I guess our fanbase is truly hypocritical.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Don't get me wrong. I will play the hell outta smash run but since we only have 40 ish days left till USA launch... How about details regarding costumes, character tactics (balance changes), stages, OTHER game modes, unlockables, at least a few veteran reveals here n there, show off character color swaps or taunts. **yes I know I'm complaining so sue me**

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Don't get me wrong. I will play the hell outta smash run but since we only have 40 ish days left till USA launch... How about details regarding costumes, character tactics (balance changes), stages, OTHER game modes, unlockables, at least a few veteran reveals here n there, show off character color swaps or taunts. **yes I know I'm complaining so sue me**
I kinda agree with this.
But we all know some people will complain about it, so 'gives flame shield'. :laugh:

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
I kinda agree with this.
But we all know some people will complain about it, so 'gives flame shield'. :laugh:
Lol I shall burn in the flames of hatred with a tainted grin....then take a nap. But seriously it's great he gave us details in smash run. I'm just bored of constantly hearing about it. Lolol in my head I'm scream "ok sak-man I got it, shut it!!!"

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
Look at Master Hand - ever since Melee (maybe even 64?), most of his moves were ripped straight from Bongo Bongo, one of the bosses of Kirby Super Star's 'Great Cave Offensive.' Many non-Kirby characters also have moves reminiscent of Kirby's copy abilities.
Sorry, I just feel the need to correct you here: Bongo Bongo is the hand dude from Ocarina of Time; Wham Bam Rock is the hand dude from Kirby Super Star.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Sorry, I just feel the need to correct you here: Bongo Bongo is the hand dude from Ocarina of Time; Wham Bam Rock is the hand dude from Kirby Super Star.
Whoops! Thanks, I actually kept thinking of OoT as I was writing it. I knew there was a good chance I had the names mixed up!

Top Bottom