• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - April 24th

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When I was rooting for Mega Man it was ALWAYS Classic.

Not to mention in Mega Man X, no one calls him Mega Man, he's always called X

If you were rooting for X, you should have said X

Classic has a lot more charm and nostalgia as far as I'm concerned

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
This is the best possible FS for Mega Man.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
When I was rooting for Mega Man it was ALWAYS Classic.

Not to mention in Mega Man X, no one calls him Mega Man, he's always called X

If you were rooting for X, you should have said X

Classic has a lot more charm and nostalgia as far as I'm concerned
In Mega Man X5, there is a Maverick called "Duff McWhalen".

Your opinion is invalid.

Obvious joke is obvious.

TheMasterGinta

Smash Cadet
I'm a huge Megaman fan who is also a fan of all his iterations (Legends a little less so), so you could guess my reaction when I saw this live.

Certainly going to try and get really good with Megaman when the game comes out.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
At least we could see full detail of each characters.
How Nintendo managed to do this but not capcom?!
Is just nonsense.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
#2 Whoever that is on the very right. He may not have the helmet, but he rocks the hair well, while not having anything majorly clashing with his design (the shoulder screws are only slightly annoying)
#3 Whoever is on the very left.
#4 The guy on the right side of Megaman. Love the Dragon buster thingy. However, he looks like something out of Custom Robo at a glance.
#2 is Volnutt Megaman from Megaman Legends.

#3 is Battle Network Megaman.

#4 is from Megaman Star Force.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I'm still glad to see this, even if I only played a few minutes of the first 3 Megaman games with a little bit of one of the X games, beat up to Dr.Wily on Megaman 8 (then I had to leave before I could finish him), and beat Megaman 9.

Megaman is that series that I alsways wanted to play, but never had the chance to because something always happens. I really love the boss fights for Megaman. The levels for Megaman feel more like an annoyance than anything from what I've experienced.

From favorite to least favorite designs shown here:
#1 X.... even if his helmet is annoying because it looks like he's being given angry eyebrows. Sorry Megaman, you can't pull off the eyebrows like Forte/Bass can.
#2 Whoever that is on the very right. He may not have the helmet, but he rocks the hair well, while not having anything majorly clashing with his design (the shoulder screws are only slightly annoying)
#3 Whoever is on the very left.
#4 The guy on the right side of Megaman. Love the Dragon buster thingy. However, he looks like something out of Custom Robo at a glance.
#5 Megaman - He looks really really fat. Yes, I know it's based off the NES sprite, he can be big like that, but does he have to look fat? Also too simplistic. Maybe I'm just too biased towards the NES and Megaman 8 looks.

...This just makes me realize how boring Megaman's design is for me. Blame Protoman, Zero, Forte/Bass, Treble, Rush and the many many boss masters. Of course, it's not uncommon for main characters to be one of the most boring character designs in games.

The attack looks nice. However, I just love seeing people nostalgia bomb over Megaman.
People crapping on Capcom not so much, but I don't keep up with Capcom stuff, so I'm not sure how bad it is. Even if Capcom has been treating Megaman poorly, they did let Nintendo use Megaman yeah? Whether or not Capcom deserves the hatred or not I don't care, I just hate seeing people being negative. Nintendo knows how to treat Nostalgic titles well. Still hoping for Megaman to become part of Nintendo.

Funny thing is, for the longest time I always thought Megaman was a Sega game because of the graphics that Megaman 8 and the X series had. since they had the same exact graphic style that the average Sega Genesis game had (which looked much better to me than the average SNES game, even if SNES supposed is stronger in almost every way). So for a while I used to nickname Megaman "Segaman" :bubblebobble:
You do realize their names where in the pic of the day

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
The attack looks nice. However, I just love seeing people nostalgia bomb over Megaman.
People crapping on Capcom not so much, but I don't keep up with Capcom stuff, so I'm not sure how bad it is. Even if Capcom has been treating Megaman poorly, they did let Nintendo use Megaman yeah? Whether or not Capcom deserves the hatred or not I don't care, I just hate seeing people being negative. Nintendo knows how to treat Nostalgic titles well. Still hoping for Megaman to become part of Nintendo.
Well maybe you should keep up with what Capcom does before you defend them. There's a huge kickstarter project for a game coming out called mighty #9 that I'm sure other members, as well as myself, have donated to. Read into why that game is coming out. Read about several titles that were cancelled that were promised to mega man fans by Capcom. Read about how Capcom had the big contraversy about Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 with DLC being on the disk. I could go on and on.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
I'm curious about how it will look with Megaman's recolors. Will they all change color, or will the one the player controls just stick out? Also, are these all the same person, or five different people all called "Megaman?"

Last edited:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
This might be a laziest pic of the day we've gotten so far
It totally isn't. The Toon Link pic with that still of his aerial with the quote
"Excuse me, I didn't hear you say "Sonic Joins The Battle", Did I?"
is easily the one with no substance.

This pic seems lazy only because it falls under the "we already seen this from that video" category.

Last edited:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
You do realize their names where in the pic of the day
Not in the pic, but in the miiverse post. Still I get your point. :bubblebobble: Besides I didn't care about their names in the first place

Well maybe you should keep up with what Capcom does before you defend them. There's a huge kickstarter project for a game coming out called mighty #9 that I'm sure other members, as well as myself, have donated to. Read into why that game is coming out. Read about several titles that were cancelled that were promised to mega man fans by Capcom. Read about how Capcom had the big contraversy about Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 with DLC being on the disk. I could go on and on.
I was never defending Capcom. I'm just saying it's annoying to hear people complain is all, since usually I can't talk about any Capcom game without someone saying how terrible they are even if I never said anything about Capcom.
I'm not going to look into whatever drama happened, if I did that, I most certainly would not have time to hangout on these forums or play the games I like because people complain all the time. If Capcom had more games I like besides Powerstone (which probably stopped after the second one), and Megaman (which I could never get my hands on anyways), maybe I'd look into it more. Sorry Street Fighter, but you are incredibly boring to watch, and I can't think of any other good Capcom games.

It basicly just comes down to that there's too many good games out there to bother checking into a company that doesn't really have much that interests me in the first place. Hence why I want Megaman to be bought by Nintendo.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
It seems like about half the images in the last week were meant to catch people up who haven't been able to see the Direct.

Anyway...did anyone see this Final Smash coming? To be honest, I was expecting the Rush Super Adaptor, but this is waaay better.

Also, are these all the same person, or five different people all called "Megaman?"
They're all different incarnations of the same character. Classic Mega Man, X, and Volnutt are robots, Mega Man .exe is a sentient computer program that exists in cyberspace and fights viruses, and the Star Force version is (if I remember right) the fusion of a human and an energy being, that can travel through radio waves.

Last edited:

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Not bad.

It's funny to see Mega Man X there. I think when people requested Mega Man before, 90% of them were actually thinking of his X design. I'm happy we got the NES one, myself.
Megaman Classic is the iconic look for the character. The classic appearance was also Capcom's mascot for a long while after the X series ended.

(Yes, I know you could argue a counterpoint in biker Wario.)

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
Not in the pic, but in the miiverse post. Still I get your point. :bubblebobble: Besides I didn't care about their names in the first place

I was never defending Capcom. I'm just saying it's annoying to hear people complain is all, since usually I can't talk about any Capcom game without someone saying how terrible they are even if I never said anything about Capcom.
I'm not going to look into whatever drama happened, if I did that, I most certainly would not have time to hangout on these forums or play the games I like because people complain all the time. If Capcom had more games I like besides Powerstone (which probably stopped after the second one), and Megaman (which I could never get my hands on anyways), maybe I'd look into it more. Sorry Street Fighter, but you are incredibly boring to watch, and I can't think of any other good Capcom games.

It basicly just comes down to that there's too many good games out there to bother checking into a company that doesn't really have much that interests me in the first place. Hence why I want Megaman to be bought by Nintendo.
IDK I diagree but not to the point where I care to continue debating the topic. I'm not a huge fanboy but I'm really excited he's in the game. I would like to see a new power stone game as well.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I'm curious about how it will look with Megaman's recolors. Will they all change color, or will the one the player controls just stick out? Also, are these all the same person, or five different people all called "Megaman?"
I think the one with the player controls will stick out while everyone else remains blue.

Megaman Classic is the iconic look for the character. The classic appearance was also Capcom's mascot for a long while after the X series ended.

(Yes, I know you could argue a counterpoint in biker Wario.)
I agree with you. While the NES appearance would make the most sense for Smash Bros, it was also hard imagining them bringing back that long-retired appearance, so not a lot of us were sure how he'd look.

Still, prior to last E3, a ton of fan rosters usually used X's appearance for Mega Man and I'm guessing that's what most Mega-Man-un-initiated thought we'd get, too.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I agree with you. While the NES appearance would make the most sense for Smash Bros, it was also hard imagining them bringing back that long-retired appearance, so not a lot of us were sure how he'd look.

Still, prior to last E3, a ton of fan rosters usually used X's appearance for Mega Man and I'm guessing that's what most Mega-Man-un-initiated thought we'd get, too.
But the X series ended on the PS2 while classic mega man had 9 and 10 which were more recent and were actually on nintendo consoles

Top Bottom