• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - April 24th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. MegaMan.EXE! X! Mega Man! Mega Man Star Force! Mega Man Volnutt! The Mega Man legends, united."

Not bad.

It's funny to see Mega Man X there. I think when people requested Mega Man before, 90% of them were actually thinking of his X design. I'm happy we got the NES one, myself.

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I know it's probably not gonna happen but it would be so dope if these were all alternate costumes.

pickle962

Smash Lord
Capcom oops I mean CRAPcom is probably crying their eyes out for treating the lil blue bomber like sh*t the last few years! ;)

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Capcom oops I mean CRAPcom is probably crying their eyes out for treating the lil blue bomber like sh*t the last few years! ;)
I honestly don't think they care in the slightest, they have their money and that's all that matters to them

katastrophic

Smash Cadet
NNID
katastrophic
3DS FC
3308-4726-7643
This might be a laziest pic of the day we've gotten so far

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Not gonna deny that Capcom had their missteps in the last couple of years, but I'm gonna pass on boarding the hate bandwagon and say that the reason all those Mega Men are standing right there in a Smash game it's because Capcom gave the OK for this.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Not bad.

It's funny to see Mega Man X there. I think when people requested Mega Man before, 90% of them were actually thinking of his X design. I'm happy we got the NES one, myself.
I thought the one and only clear choice would've been to have NES MM.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
I LOVED Megaman Battle Network (except for 4, that game was wack) and am so happy to see Megaman.EXE in this game as a cameo that I don't even mind not finding out how his final smash works yet. It's still that awesome of a pic.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Boring week... Sakurai is showing things that everybody knows. Yeah, I know, lots of things revealed at the Direct, but two weeks without nothing new is really BORING...

pickle962

Smash Lord
Boring week... Sakurai is showing things that everybody knows. Yeah, I know, lots of things revealed at the Direct, but two weeks without nothing new is really BORING...
hey it happens my man! I remember some meh weeks here and there during the time when the ssbb dojo would be updated mon-fri! Anywhom, im speculating something BIG might be shown at the E3 Nintendo direct!

AquaNinja

Smash Cadet
So if Megaman's final smash is THIS PIECE OF AWESOME, will he be able to use the alternate Megamans as costumes? Maybe if you use one of the Megaman costumes, he and the original Megaman switches places. My only guess is that if they don't make the Megamans alternate costumes, they will make Protoman and Bass as costumes.

AquaNinja

Smash Cadet
Megaman seems to have a really powerful projectile, the megabuster seems to push the enemy back, do a moderate amount of damage, and be shot really fast. I really can't wait to use him. :D

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
hey it happens my man! I remember some meh weeks here and there during the time when the ssbb dojo would be updated mon-fri! Anywhom, im speculating something BIG might be shown at the E3 Nintendo direct!
no need to speculate... there WILL be sometyhing big. At first; the release date, probably some new trailer and/or newcomer reveal with some veterans like they did with the Greninja trailer from the smash direct. I'm really looking forward to the E3 this year... Hopefully not only smashbros but also the new Zelda for Wii U.

D

Deleted member

Mega Man has been done justice. This is exactly what I envisioned out of the character after years of support and I couldn't have been happier about his inclusion.

I guess there is such a thing as perfect in this world.
Not bad.

Most people were actually thinking of the NES design, though X was certainly the one that came up the most afterwards.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Mega Man Star Force doesn't deserve to be there!
Look at him. He's firing before everyone else! He's out of sync!
Not to mention his over-the-top DRAGON BUSTER THING!

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
I have a feeling somebody gonna mod this game so we can use the other characters. But i just hope they don't try to make this the next PM. I really don't like the game at all, it just wasn't meant to be like the way it is now.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
So if Megaman's final smash is THIS PIECE OF AWESOME, will he be able to use the alternate Megamans as costumes? Maybe if you use one of the Megaman costumes, he and the original Megaman switches places. My only guess is that if they don't make the Megamans alternate costumes, they will make Protoman and Bass as costumes.
Not gonna happen. All the other Mega Men are twice the size of the NES Version of him.

Vashimus

Smash Master
I have a feeling somebody gonna mod this game so we can use the other characters. But i just hope they don't try to make this the next PM. I really don't like the game at all, it just wasn't meant to be like the way it is now.
Even if the PMBR wanted to hack the game to make a second P:M (HIGHLY doubt that they would), why would you care anyway? It's not a matter of how something is "meant to be played", which is a totally subjective claim in and of itself. Play whatever you want, however you want.

Last edited:

proxibomb

Smash Clown
Wasn't this pic leaked on that one Flickr account earlier this month? I'm afraid that the leaker might have posted all of the upcoming miiverse posts on one page.

On the other hand, I love leaks!

AquaNinja

Smash Cadet
Not gonna happen. All the other Mega Men are twice the size of the NES Version of him.
Not twice the size, they are taller though, which, yes that would be a problem, but I don't see why they can't resize the other Megaman to be the same height, look at Olimar.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Wonder what it's actually called? The Blue Bombers? The Battle Rainbow? Mega Man Legends?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Regarding X as an alt costume for Mega Man:

It could work. That image is the official artwork of him for that Japan exclusive "Capcom All-Stars" mobile game.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Regarding X as an alt costume for Mega Man:

It could work. That image is the official artwork of him for that Japan exclusive "Capcom All-Stars" mobile game.
I can see everyone just picking that alt costume then LOL

DeOnde

Smash Cadet
So... They're aiming the Rainbow buster directly at capcom's base.

well, Nintendo just gave megaman more love than his uncaring mother has done in years. (here rock, have your late 25 anniversary present)

OBS: This image is the picture description of nerdgasm, i was literally speechless when i first saw this on the direct (i grew up with megaman x, that was an awesome game, at least until X6 that is)

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
"That's right... It's begun again... How long must this war go on?"

I just love X, so glad he's part of the Final Smash. What's funny is that most people on Miiverse were saying his FS might have something to do with him turning into X or something similar to that.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
It wouldn't really work since like they are twice as tall as MM classic
They could make it so classic Megaman just has the same armour as the others, only fitted for his different body shape.

And when they do the final smash, depending on the costume, a different megaman is in the middle.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I'm still glad to see this, even if I only played a few minutes of the first 3 Megaman games with a little bit of one of the X games, beat up to Dr.Wily on Megaman 8 (then I had to leave before I could finish him), and beat Megaman 9.

Megaman is that series that I alsways wanted to play, but never had the chance to because something always happens. I really love the boss fights for Megaman. The levels for Megaman feel more like an annoyance than anything from what I've experienced.

From favorite to least favorite designs shown here:
#1 X.... even if his helmet is annoying because it looks like he's being given angry eyebrows. Sorry Megaman, you can't pull off the eyebrows like Forte/Bass can.
#2 Whoever that is on the very right. He may not have the helmet, but he rocks the hair well, while not having anything majorly clashing with his design (the shoulder screws are only slightly annoying)
#3 Whoever is on the very left.
#4 The guy on the right side of Megaman. Love the Dragon buster thingy. However, he looks like something out of Custom Robo at a glance.
#5 Megaman - He looks really really fat. Yes, I know it's based off the NES sprite, he can be big like that, but does he have to look fat? Also too simplistic. Maybe I'm just too biased towards the NES and Megaman 8 looks.

...This just makes me realize how boring Megaman's design is for me. Blame Protoman, Zero, Forte/Bass, Treble, Rush and the many many boss masters. Of course, it's not uncommon for main characters to be one of the most boring character designs in games.

The attack looks nice. However, I just love seeing people nostalgia bomb over Megaman.
People crapping on Capcom not so much, but I don't keep up with Capcom stuff, so I'm not sure how bad it is. Even if Capcom has been treating Megaman poorly, they did let Nintendo use Megaman yeah? Whether or not Capcom deserves the hatred or not I don't care, I just hate seeing people being negative. Nintendo knows how to treat Nostalgic titles well. Still hoping for Megaman to become part of Nintendo.

Funny thing is, for the longest time I always thought Megaman was a Sega game because of the graphics that Megaman 8 and the X series had. since they had the same exact graphic style that the average Sega Genesis game had (which looked much better to me than the average SNES game, even if SNES supposed is stronger in almost every way). So for a while I used to nickname Megaman "Segaman" :bubblebobble:

Top Bottom