• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - April 21st

*Risen*

Smash Cadet
We're all going to play with this sword maybe once or twice because of the single player modes (given that they're coming back) will automatically spawn items anyway. After we all beat it, though, we'll forget these things exist.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
We're all going to play with this sword maybe once or twice because of the single player modes (given that they're coming back) will automatically spawn items anyway. After we all beat it, though, we'll forget these things exist.
Unless you play with items on

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I like how they mixed Melee's pink/red with Brawl's blue glow, but decided to go back with a design more akin to Melee, like a katana-lightsaber.

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
Well what about when peach pulls the beam sword out? You will probably use the weapon then.

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
Also, though I know it's somewhat off topic from the pic of the day, I wanted to say something. Why can't Smash 4 have a control mechanic somewhat similar to Marvel vs Capcom? Have a normal control scheme and a simple control scheme. That way it'd be easy to pick up for newcomers off the bat, and Melee fans would get the crisp control they desire. I'm curious to see how deep this moveset customization will go. It could drastically change the gameplay.
If you want to play something that plays like Marvel vs Capcom, than go play Marvel vs Capcom. This is Smash Bros. And the topic of this thread is beam sword and fire bar. Take your rant somewhere else.

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
Love the way the new beam sword appears its kind of like a combination between all the colors in the other games with a new extra look to it

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
If you want to play something that plays like Marvel vs Capcom, than go play Marvel vs Capcom. This is Smash Bros. And the topic of this thread is beam sword and fire bar. Take your rant somewhere else.
Wasn't meant to be a rant. I was only giving a suggestion I had on my mind when I was looking at the pic of the day, My apologies if I came off as a jerk. I don't play Marvel vs. Capcom 3(I did play the hell out of the second one though. It was a thought and nothing more. Why so harsh? You're acting like I requested Tom Hanks as a playable character.

Last edited:

KidKrimzon

Smash Cadet
NNID
KidKrimzon
Also, though I know it's somewhat off topic from the pic of the day, I wanted to say something. Why can't Smash 4 have a control mechanic somewhat similar to Marvel vs Capcom? Have a normal control scheme and a simple control scheme. That way it'd be easy to pick up for newcomers off the bat, and Melee fans would get the crisp control they desire. I'm curious to see how deep this move set customization will go. It could drastically change the game play.
I'm sorry, but what you just said, hurt to read. It wouldn't be smash brothers, at all. Melee fans would reject it entirely. It would straight be a *******.
And besides, Sakarai thinks memorizing inputs for moves isn't as fun as streaming together, single-command moves for fluid, simple to perform, combos.
He also said "Custom Move sets" will only be available during local games in alternate modes. This would mean they aren't going to be available if you want competitive play.

The Curious Volnutt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theOmni1337
I'm sorry, but what you just said, hurt to read. It wouldn't be smash brothers, at all. Melee fans would reject it entirely. It would straight be a *******.
And besides, Sakarai thinks memorizing inputs for moves isn't as fun as streaming together, single-command moves for fluid, simple to perform, combos.
He also said "Custom Move sets" will only be available during local games in alternate modes. This would mean they aren't going to be available if you want competitive play.
I wonder what smash would be like with preset combos.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Absolutely horrible. Smash is the only Fighting game I can actually play because of it's control scheme. If it turned into something more like other fighting games it would be completely ruined.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Yeah if you play streetfighter or soul calibur for example then it is sooo boring to watch because of people trying combo's and fail... I'd rather see the same controlscheme for every character like in smashbros. It works much better.

Top Bottom