• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U SMASH WII U DIRECT CONFIRMED!!! - Oct.23 NA, Oct.24 EU, JP, AU

Artero

Smash Enthousiast
NNID
Artero
Can't believe how wrong I was! Mewtwo if you buy both versions, 8 player smash.. mind blown!

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
Mewtwo is cool and all (having never unlocked him in Melee due to playing on an emulator), but...

...8-MAN SMASH LOOKS BOSSLIKE AMAZING!!!

Broodlaw

Smash Cadet
NNID
Broodlaw
Switch FC
SW-0613-0942-5903
Love the fact that they are bringing Mewtwo back, and even though I wanted Ridley really badly I love what they did with him joining your side and accumulating KO's for you, really nice touch on that. Though that Direct made it abundantly clear that the Wii U version is the superior version of Super Smash Bros out of the two games.

Niala

Smash Ace
QUICK LET'S ALL MAKE THREADS ABOUT MEWTWO!

This does say a lot of good-- they're paying attention to the fanbase, at least a little bit. DLC confirmed, too.

And Ridley is a boss on Pyrosphere. Who would have ever guessed? :denzel:

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
So, I guess they decided to put some characters on the back burner and just finish the game. Probably saved the game from being delayed, plus now they have a lot more time to just work on characters. I'd be surprised if Mewtwo were the only DLC character.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm very happy to hear that I can actually pit Ness, Toon Link, Villager and Mewtwo together in one game very soon. I will very much be looking forward to Spring 2015. :)

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
8 Player Smash, Smash Board, Ridley being the coolest boss character ever, Chrom having a conversation with Palutena and Mewtwo Returning!?!? As if Smash can't get any more HYPE! HYP! HYP! HYPE!

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Smash Tour looks SUPER boring, and Ridley won't be available as a character for some reason, but MEWTWO HYPE!!!!! Not to mention, basically everything else in that direct.
Maybe the 3ds couldnt handle that model they had for him, so they probably made him a special boss. It shows that he was strongly considered if he gets a stock icon. Who knows maybe DLC? but i guess the 3ds version is what ****ed him up.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Outside of the better graphics. Sadly, i'm not all that impressed. (I'm entitled to an opinion!)
You are indeed entitled to your opinion. Just kinda surprised by the fact that your not even impressed. I mean, if this doesn't impress you, I don't know what will but to each they're own. ^_^

Doc.Pringles

Smash Cadet
Seriously, you need a 3DS, 3DS version, Wii U, and Wii U version just for Mewtwo? Buying a friggin Wii U and the game and dropping money for a DLC download is not enough? I'd drop $20 alone for Mewtwo, but this is garbage.

**** you Nintendo/Sakurai. You make the likes of M$ EA, and Ubi look venerable.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
So, I guess they decided to put some characters on the back burner and just finish the game. Probably saved the game from being delayed, plus now they have a lot more time to just work on characters. I'd be surprised if Mewtwo were the only DLC character.
I don't know... There's no saying that Mewtwo wasn't just the exception. Something about that and how he is a character you only get for owning both games just gave that vibe off to me.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
So if I'm not mistaken, these are the only unlockable characters in the Wii U version:

Wario

Game & Watch

Falco

Dr. Mario

Dark Pit

Lucina

Duck Hunt

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I'm guessing Mewtwo will be paid for if you only have one version. I don't think Nintendo is THAT bad at marketing.

Anyways asides from Mewtwo, the most hype thing was the codec calls returning via Kid Icarus, 8 player smash, and events. It started strong, got a little weak, and then...Mewtwo.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You are indeed entitled to your opinion. Just kinda surprised by the fact that your not even impressed. I mean, if this doesn't impress you, I don't know what will but to each they're own. ^_^
To be honest, I'm not impressed either. I planed on getting both anyway. Just smash for college and smash for home is how I see it

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The Internet is exploding right now, even Facebook is lagging
But we know that

:mewtwopm:THE HYPE HAS REACHED A NEW LEVEL:mewtwopm:

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
Warning Received
Is this the proper thread to drink to tears of Ridley fans? If not, please direct me to the correct thread.

Shokio

Netplay 4 Days
NNID
Shokio
Warning Received
So, for everyone who ever gave me **** over the Ridley debacle, I will be accepting letters of apologies to my PO box. PM me for my address, and if you REALLY feel bad, feel free to shoot me $10 through PayPal :)

I win.

LinkNIvy

Smash Apprentice
Seriously, you need a 3DS, 3DS version, Wii U, and Wii U version just for Mewtwo? Buying a friggin Wii U and the game and dropping money for a DLC download is not enough? I'd drop $20 alone for Mewtwo, but this is garbage.

**** you Nintendo/Sakurai. You make the likes of M$ EA, and Ubi look venerable.
I'm not going to argue against the first paragraph since there doesn't seem to be a standalone dlc option yet, but saying that this makes modern Nintendo more greedy than the big western publishers is completely stupid.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
So, for everyone who ever gave me **** over the Ridley debacle, I will be accepting letters of apologies to my PO box. PM me for my address, and if you REALLY feel bad, feel free to shoot me $10 through PayPal :)

I win.
Ah yes, the obligatory Shokio rubbing salt in the wound

I honestly don't care though, as Mewto got confirmed.

But I really am sad for the Ridley fans...

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
I don't know... There's no saying that Mewtwo wasn't just the exception. Something about that and how he is a character you only get for owning both games just gave that vibe off to me.
That's entirely possible. It just seems to me that since they're working on finishing one more character, they could also finish other characters. Cut Brawl vets would be the easiest to do, so that would mean that characters like Lucas, Wolf, Ivysaur, Squirtle and Snake would be less work than bringing back Mewtwo. Not saying I want them all back, just mentioning which ones would be easiest for them to do.

Maybe Mewtwo would be the free character and the other characters would be part of DLC packs that cost money. Sort of like in Mario Kart 8 with the free Mercedes Benz DLC and the new paid for DLC packs.

Of course, there's still no sign of the one and only character that would legimiately get me hyped for the game...

ErenJager

Smash Champion
All the mewtwo nay sayers are now "OMG So happy mewtwo is back"

#Smashboards

In the face of everyone who said... prepare to be disappointed, or there won't be mewtwo, or a new character.

Mewtwo is the exception the rule, he's striking back!!!

So pumped.

Top Bottom