• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
The Switch is already off to a better start than the Wii U ever was. The name isn't incredibly stupid like the "Wii U," and the third party support for the Switch is a much better and larger selection than the Wii U ever had. I like the idea of the console, and I do love that I can take my system anywhere with me, but the controller looks a little iffy for me. I know there's a Pro Controller-type controller shown in the trailer, and I will be getting that, but the controllers for the tablet look a little odd to me. It'll probably be easier to get the hang of when I have hands-on experience with it.

Good job, Nintendo. Now all you gotta do is keep that momentum going.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Is it weird that I was hyped for when I saw NBA 2K17 on Switch

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So.

Considering that (thus far) Nintendo's porting two of the best selling Wii U titles while making tweaks and adding extras to said ports; would it be safe to assume that Sm4sh will likely receive the same treatment???

Are there USB ports? I haven't seen thus far.
There's headphone jack, a thing that iPhone 7 doesn't have lol.
At least this need a mini-USB port.
Man, even though NS was kind of expected and many people were a bit skeptic about it's concept at first by looking at the patents. Looking it in real action actually works great.
I wonder where did this go?

The Switch is already off to a better start than the Wii U ever was. The name isn't incredibly stupid like the "Wii U," and the third party support for the Switch is a much better and larger selection than the Wii U ever had. I like the idea of the console, and I do love that I can take my system anywhere with me, but the controller looks a little iffy for me. I know there's a Pro Controller-type controller shown in the trailer, and I will be getting that, but the controllers for the tablet look a little odd to me. It'll probably be easier to get the hang of when I have hands-on experience with it.

Good job, Nintendo. Now all you gotta do is keep that momentum going.
To be honest, I didn't like the name that much...it doesn't sound cool, I think "shift" would be better...wait a minute...nah...

JayZee1700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JZ1700
3DS FC
4442-2981-4202
User was warned for this post
So.

Considering that (thus far) Nintendo's porting two of the best selling Wii U titles while making tweaks and adding extras to said ports; would it be safe to assume that Sm4sh will likely receive the same treatment???

Are there USB ports? I haven't seen thus far.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
If those are indeed ported Splatoon and Mario Kart 8, and not Spla2n or Mario Kart 9, then they not only ported best selling Wii U games but in the case of MK8 they added a new character and a new gameplay mechanic. It is VERY possible Smash 4 could be given a Smash NS port. It's also likely the game could receive new features and characters. I'm not getting my hopes up too much for Smash, but I'm definitely excited for the NS.

SKYRIM ON THE GO HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE

SHOULD I USE MY GRAPPLING HOOK, OR MY FUS-RO-DAH!?!?!?!??!?!??!?

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
I'm probably late to the party, as always.

But to start my opinion off, Switch is not a sexy name at all. Not at all, I say.
And then, that is one monster of a plaything. At least it's not lacking ideas, and I think that I love it. It has quite a lot of stuff, I see, and I am not actually sure if I even caught all the ways to play with it. But being able to play couch multiplayer games on the go is actually quite nifty idea. But breaking the controller apart to be able to do so is just groundbreaking, so I think.

Then the thing that the console is plugged when you want to play on TV, I presume that It is used to charge the console, but I wonder, is it just a charge thing and TV adapter, or is it also some sort of power suit. Because I am worried that the console does not have too much power, as seems to always be the case on Nintendo Consoles.

Above all, it is interesting. To be honest, most of the new consoles are boring. Just better than the ones before. But this is fresh, and it is one of the reasons I should buy this, since it looks like it will be an experience of its own, be it good or less good.

Oh, you changed the title while I wasn't looking.
Or should I say, you switched it.
I love it.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I agree. The NS looks like an experience which we never had before, rather than just an iterative upgrade to the previous device. We also know the thing is using NVIDIA's Tegra line of chips. It's yet to be seen if it's Tegra X1 or Tegra X2. If X1, it will be among the most powerful handheld devices on the market, and near XBox One in power. If it's the X2, it's NVIDIA's latest chip and the undisputed king of portable gaming. That would make it not too far off the mark of the PS4. It ran Skyrim, so my hopes are high.

Also, I love the new thread name.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I think they are Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon uodated.

I think Smash 4 will also happen. Maybe they'll bring the other characters they were gonna add like Ice Climbers and Geno, and the 3ds levels.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Copy and pasting my thoughts about the Switch news from the Nintenzone Social

Absolutely loving the Nintendo Switch! The name is very clever, and I'm really glad they learned their lesson on renaming consoles after what happened with the WiiU. The rumors of the console being a cross between console and handheld turned out to be true, and I think Nintendo pulled off this concept perfectly. I really like how you can take the controller with you wherever you go. It's what the WiiU should've been! The console design looks very slick and cool, and even the controllers look great! It also looks like it doesn't use any cables whatsoever. If so, I'm glad they're making it super easy to set up.

And the Mario Kart and Splatoon footage. I don't care if they are ports new sequels. It's great to see both games are going to get some kind of exciting new treatment. King Boo coming back and the return of using two items in stock is great to see. With Splatoon, I'm happy we're getting more customization options. It also seems like Nintendo wants to Splatoon give some major competitive spotlight based on that footage of the Splatoom match in the middle of a wide audience.

Also, the third parties! Great to see there will be a large group to start off. Arc System Works being among them excites me. I'd love to see BlazBlue: CentralFiction gain a Switch port.

Also, a friend of mine pointed out that the Nintendo Switch logo resembles the Yin Yang symbol, and I can definitely see it.

Definitely looks like a console I want to get at launch. I'm hoping the Switch will have a good launch line up and a reasonable price.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I hope Namco will port Tekken 7 on the Switch. It definitely has potential to be great. It just needs a constant release of games. This should be more likely now that they should have basically a single system to work on. Arc Sys, From Software and Platinum Games are also on the Dev list. That should lead to some good things. Hopefully we'll see some good things for Capcom as well. I know SF has a deal with Sony. But another AA or Monster Hunter should be possible. And obviously I'd want something related to Mega Man to pop up.

Someone mentioned Doom as well, it'd be nice if that and or Wolfenstein got on there as well.

Basically, I just want to see what they can do when it comes to games. Don't even get me started on Smash content.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
So what's going to be the name

Super Smash Bros. Switch?
Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo Switch?
Super Switch Bros.?
Super Smash Bros. 5?
Super Smash Bros. 6?
Super Smash Bros. 3DSU?
Super Smash Bros. For Wii U 2?
Super Smash Bros. For Wii U Switch Edition?
Super Smash Bros. 4 Complete Edition?
Super Smash Bros. Switch It!?
New! Super Smash Bros.?
The End Of Super Smash Bros.?

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So, I have done a post on the NintenZone I want to show here. Mostly because I am lazy to rewrite it and it show pretty much what I want to say and how I feel.

Also, I hope people here have a good time, because, you know, being positif even when your futur look like it's going to be hard. It's always good to just wish for other people happiness so that you can feel like you are good at something.
Or maybe because I'm tired and I need to go to bed. Eh, I don't know really.
Those Kingdom Heart music I recently listen are probably the reason I said that. Damn you Xion Theme!!!! >_<
Anyway, I hope you guys are good.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Super Switch Bros.?
Super Smash Bros. 5?
Super Smash Bros. 6?
Super Smash Bros. 3DSU?
New! Super Smash Bros.?
I'll go with Super Smash Bros. Switcheroo. :troll:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So I'm certainly a lot more hyped for the next Sonic and Pokemon game for this thing when it comes out, now. ¦D

Not the mention the new Mario, MK and possibly Splatoon since it looks like it can be controlled the normal way and not with irritating Gyro controls. (Sorry, don't like those. Not even after getting used to them. Never will.) Hopefully it'll have more content and things to do aside from online this time, otherwise I won't get it this time. I want offline stuff to do and a longer single player.

But yeah. NS. Switch. I love it. Love the name, too. It's simple and self-explanatory like the Gamecube and it's catchy. This thing looks like everything the Wii U should have been from the start and that's impressive and fantastic. Not to mention a relief. <3

Definitely looking forward to it. Depending on if this thing also plays or ports 3DS games, my N3DS may be helping me buy this thing after I'm done with Sun & Moon. ¦3

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
I think they are Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon uodated.

I think Smash 4 will also happen. Maybe they'll bring the other characters they were gonna add like Ice Climbers and Geno, and the 3ds levels.
and Dovahkiin as an guest character.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Super Switch Bros.?
Super Smash Bros. 5?
Super Smash Bros. 6?
Super Smash Bros. 3DSU?
New! Super Smash Bros.?
I'm fine with any of these titles..except the last one...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Oh dear, Ninty pls. Don't squander all my hype. >_<

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
My reaction to Nintendo Switch after watching the trailer:

It looks neat! I'm not 100% sold yet (the name is kinda dumb, imo, but it's leagues above "Wii U", and the mini controllers look too small), but I am cautiously optimistic about this one. It's got good media buzz, the games look awesome, the support seems strong... Everything is lined up in Nintendo's favor thus far.

Most hype thing for me, though: Spla2n confirmed!!! :surprised::surprised::surprised:

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Ultra Hyper Super Smash Bros. 4 Featuring Dante From Devil May Cry?
Super Smash Bros. 64?
Super Smash Bros. Neither For Nintendo 3DS Nor Wii U But Instead For Nintendo Switch?
Super Smash Bros. X?
Super Smash Bros. Y?
Super Smash Bros. +?
Super Smash Bros. Melee HD For Nintendo Switch?
New Switch Play: Super Smash Bros. 4?
Super Smash Bros. Eclipse?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sounds like some disturbing news has popped up, in regards to the Nintendo Switch.

If what I've heard is right, then the Nintendo Switch won't last very long if it isn't docked; you'd have to keep it connected to the dock for the best performance.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Well, battery life is probably at the forefront of everyone's minds right now. No use deliberating mere rumors about it, only time will tell if Nintendo had the wherewithal to ensure acceptable battery life, or if they went ahead with something they couldn't support.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
It is disappointing but I'll hardly play Switch outside of my house. I'm just happy it's an hybrid because of the shared library. It's just better for everyone this way.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It is disappointing but I'll hardly play Switch outside of my house. I'm just happy it's an hybrid because of the shared library. It's just better for everyone this way.
I'm sure you aren't the only one who feels this way. I kind of agree with you in the long run. If I had one I'd mostly use it as a home console too. But the library of games should be substantially better on Nintendo's end. Whether 3rd parties will stick for the thing aside from the usual Capcom SEGA Nacmo and Ubisoft(sorta) affairs, that has yet to be seen. What I really want to see from them is good titles at launch. That's it. I don't think there should be an excuse to have droughts in releases that the Wii-U was unfortunately consistently getting. I mean, Aside from the usual Mario/Kart/Party and Zelda titles we're used to seeing, there's plenty of game potential regardless of power. Going back to console Fire Emblems and Animal Crossing Splatoon 2, "console" Pokemon alone should spell good things for them. It'd also help to have Metroid title people actually care about.

For third parties, Monster Hunter, Sonic and Rayman would be pretty obvious, given the ties to Nintendo. Mega Man too, if Capcom is paying attention to the series, it should AT LEAST get something related to the upcoming TV show. Whether it's good or not is debatable, but I'd hope so.

Again, of the potential GAMES is what has me somewhat optimistic. Though they could end up repeating the Wii-U's mistakes.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
So we know there's a Smash Bros. in the works for Nintendo Switch which is supposedly coming very soon. Before the reveal we thought it was going to be quite obviously an enhanced/complete/bigger edition of Sm4sh For Wii U, but I'm not so sure anymore.
The Mario Kart shown in the reveal, while quite obviously using assets and the engine from 8, features not only new content (King Boo), but also different gameplay mechanic (the double item) which is a pretty big feature to put in a simple "port".
Even Splatoon seems different in gameplay, with the addition of pants.
Will Smash Bros. follow this, or will it be the exception? While I missed the double item in MK8 which I thought made it a lesser racing game, I think Sm4sh is pretty much perfect as it is from a gameplay perspective, and just needs more content till a bluray (oops, cartridge) explodes.
I don't know, what can we expect from it? I honestly just want like 10 new characters and that's it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You know, searching about place that are apparantly haunted or other case that are hard to explain by logical mean really give you idea for your horror story if you do one.
Especially if we are talking about abandonned location. Really, the story you can hear about those place can really give you spooky idea and all.
Better (or worse), having this music in your head while you read.
And you hope to be able to sleep with all those idea you have in mind.:4alph:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I was standing watch from midnight to 3AM. Was getting tired in the last hour, so we started telling each other ghost stories. Needless to say, I'm on smashboards now instead of bed where I should be...

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
You guys wondering about battery life outside of dock?
I'm betting on a portable recharger will be announced for the switchsooner or later.

ArtemisX120

Smash Cadet
NNID
LethalHeroX120
hopefully. Cause I'm sure playing powerful games such as Zelda BotW and Skyrim will suck the life out of the NS quickly. My guess is without the dock, it'll last for about 2 hours or 1 hour if off the dock. The Wii U gamepad (off the top of my head) lasted for about4 hours and 8 if you bought the extended battery. So a portable Charger would be the smart way to go.

Plus I am sure it'll have a power saving mode and brightness and all that good jazz to save memory.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The rumour going on is the Switch's battery lasts ~3 hours. Then again, that's what was advertised for the 3DS too, and it lasted longer for most people.

You guys wondering about battery life outside of dock?
I'm betting on a portable recharger will be announced for the switchsooner or later.
That would be sweet.

ArtemisX120

Smash Cadet
NNID
LethalHeroX120
That'd be cool. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Sony struck up an exclusivity deal with Square Enix for the title.
It'll probably be a timed exclusive.
Yeah. That's why I said a guy can dream. It's not impossible

Square Enix is on their and FF 7 remake could be possible and it looks like it would run fine on the system. That or it could be something else that I wouldn't give a **** about.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That'd be cool. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Sony struck up an exclusivity deal with Square Enix for the title.
Sony definitely gave the other consoles the middle finger by making Crash and Cortex be PS4 exclusive characters for Skylanders: Imaginators. That pretty much means that if any remakes of the first three Crash Bandicoot titles are made, the Nintendo Switch and XBOX ONE are out of luck, while the PS4 gets all the glory.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Damn, it's been so long since I was last here (like probably two years ago).

It seem that things are much more dead compared to Nintenzone.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Damn, it's been so long since I was last here (like probably two years ago).

It seem that things are much more dead compared to Nintenzone.
Eiffel 65's concert really killed the activity here. Everybody went en masse to the DR for a while and moved to the NintenZone next because they noticed this thread is dead.
Ah well, those things happen. It's at least a easy place to moderate now.

Top Bottom