• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Holy ****ing **** Brutal mode in Uncharted is the blatantly most unfair and poorly balanced difficulty mode I've ever seen.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So college is getting more busy than I expected, but I still have some time to watch Overwatch live streams.
Korean dubs were not bad for most people, but god Taiwan dubs were terrible. They mostly use the voice actors that also do on our countrie's anime, cartoon, and drana dubs. Some ebd up being iconic but that the point. Most of their quotes were obviously just translated from their English quotes, obviously.
However,
Tracer is not Tracer, her dub just disappointed me.
McCree just sound like a scumbag.
Lucio just sound like a freak.
Some were fine but anyway, Taiwan Overwatch dub, I don't like it.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

:)

So, remember the huge pr I was walking about?

https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/4178

just check the up right corner, +259 , -42, these are the numbers of line of code that was added and deleted. Together, it means this pr modifies 301 lines of code!

Woah!

So, after hours of code review (just check the first comment, THAT is a big code review, but trust me, it's necessary), it is now pending. Hopefully we hear more about it soon enough :)

But what does it do?

An explanation to this requires explanation of what is a register.

Your CPU has memory, yeah, I know, it has the cache, but it also have very vwery very small amount of memory mainly used to process instruction before the result is stored in soemthing like the ram. These memory are more used temporaily and are constantly overwritten because the isntructiosn needs them. These are the registers (no, not the.....dumb windows setting thing).

So, the instructiions can load stuff from ram into a register, perform math on them, move registers around, store them in ram, etc..., it can basically do the msot basic stuff with them.

What about dolphin? Well dolphin has a debugger which I have been determined to make it more usable (yeah, that progress report was right, but that's because I talked with the author a bit once). That debugger not only allows to see the assembler, but also the register because of course, you need to knwo the values of the registers to understand stuff.

Great, awwsome, unfortunately it has one particular annoyance: data representation. See, they only have one format, hexadecimal. It's fine for viewing stuff like an address or a custom formatted data, but for numbers, epsecially signed one and floating point one.......it is just impossible you have to use an online converter.

Let me give you an exampe, -19 in hexadecimal is ffffffed as signed integer, signed integer are weird because the first bit (the one that worth the most) serve as the sign so for this thing, yiou have to count from 0 backwards until you reach ffffffed and since you subtracted 19, you have -19.

Obviously, any human would find this ridiculous so they'll jsut use a converter made for this. But where it becomes more complicated is floating point. A float is.....convulated in formatting I mean what is 1.0 in float expressed in hexa? 3f800000, yeah and worse, double has different thigns for the same number (1.0 is 3ff0000000000000 in double).

And let's go back to registers, there's 32 general purpose register and 32 flaoting pont one. The GPR can hold integer and float while the fpr are made to hold double. You quickly get the idea of how annoying it can be to quickly see "oh, there's 2.0 in this register", you need a way to have different formatting available.

That's exactly what this pr does!

A right click and you ahve all the format.

It takes a lot of code and time to do because it involves MANY type conversion and MANY structuration. I had to restructure around 3 times, 2 times as a wip, once in code review. And then you ahd to think about parsing them back to they can be written to the register in that format.

So yeah, glad this pr is submitted, hopefully more stuff comes, but I do have other ideas on the debugger :)
GitHub is exciting!

...I mean, my only contributions are solo projects, an Undertale fangame that went nowhere, and an itch.io issue, but it's still exciting!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
GitHub is exciting!

...I mean, my only contributions are solo projects, an Undertale fangame that went nowhere, and an itch.io issue, but it's still exciting!
Honestly, Git is much more exciting.

See, github is just a site that can hosts git repository, there's others site that does it, but github is by far the msot popular one.

But Git, the version control system, it;s actualyl very aweosme to learn. It's VERY complicated, but once you get how it works......you jsut kinda get it and it works so well.

Like, you could back back in time in the history, do changes go back forward and then the history looks clean as if you never rewinded in the first place!

And all the things about having different branches.......that is also aweosme. See, when I have an idea, new branch, checkout on my machine and then I have a copy of my master branch (the "base" branch sicne it';s directly forked from the dolphin official repository). Because it is a copy, I can do whatever the freak I want, I don;t even care if I break it, just reset and go back, worst case is delete the branch and create one and redo the same thing. It's so safe I lvoe this.

I have been thinking of writting a blog post on that, but now that I actually lived what it MEANS to have your software open source, I actually love it even more. To me, it's fantastic that a beginner in c++ like me can fork dolphin by clicking one button and have my own version of dolphin that I can do whatever I want with it and submit my changes if i want to.

It;s so ridiculously easy to fork, there's just one button to do it....

Awesome :)

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Holy ****ing **** Brutal mode in Uncharted is the blatantly most unfair and poorly balanced difficulty mode I've ever seen.
Well it is called Brutal Mode for a reason.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I am at the Liberty Center on base because there's nothing better to do when I am not allowed to leave base. Decided to play Smash for Wii U, but it was checked out by other people. Asked to join in, and we played four rounds with 6 stocks each. First three were 8-Player Smash with 4 humans and 4 level 9s. The last one was just four player free-for-all. I've won all the matches. All except the third game were on Hyrule Temple, with the third being on Big Battlefield. I went in order Mewtwo, Ness, Corrin, and Greninja. It was a fun time. The most stocks I lost was 4 in one game. I felt satisfied seeing that I got a lot more KOs than anyone after each match as well.

Still, I know I'm not good enough to do well in tournaments. I don't think I'll have time to enter anything that isn't casual anyways.

Oh, and the reason I can't leave base is because of Japanese bases having a new liberty policy where people who just joined can't go on liberty until 30 days after finishing training to live in Japan...they won't let me do the training until November when I get back with my ship. I don't even know when I'll go to my ship yet because it's at sea. Hopefully they change their mind and let me do the training early so that I can go on liberty in November and try Japanese food.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, Apple iPhone 7 and PS4 Pro.

What do you guys about either of them? Disappointment seems to be everywhere.

D

Deleted member

The only announcement that got my attention was Super Mario Run. iPhone 7 and PS4 Pro both seem to be simple upgrades that really don't do much besides the usual specification bumps.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Heyyyy who doesn't wanna pay $160 for a pair of headphones you can get on Amazon for $20, am I right? Eh?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Heyyyy who doesn't wanna pay $160 for a pair of headphones you can get on Amazon for $20, am I right? Eh?
And earphones you can't use on any other phones and can easily get lost.

(And it's priced at $230 in India. Like, what even.)

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Not to mention, like, earbuds are sooooo easy to lose as they are. Paying that much money for something that's even easier to lose is just... wow. This really should be something that bites Apple in the arse pretty hard! And yet... I could see people not caring and splurging anyway. There are way cheaper phones out there that will do everything you want (and you can put your perfectly fine $5-10 earbuds that have accidentally ended up in the wash 4 times in them), and yet people will more than willingly shell out hundreds of clams every few months for an unnecessary "upgrade". My previous phone was $80 and worked really well, at least until it fell onto concrete screen down and sort of shattered. Now I have a $40 phone that... eh, it still gets the job done. (I wish I splurged a bit more but I try to be somewhat frugal.)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Not to mention, like, earbuds are sooooo easy to lose as they are. Paying that much money for something that's even easier to lose is just... wow. This really should be something that bites Apple in the arse pretty hard! And yet... I could see people not caring and splurging anyway. There are way cheaper phones out there that will do everything you want (and you can put your perfectly fine $5-10 earbuds that have accidentally ended up in the wash 4 times in them), and yet people will more than willingly shell out hundreds of clams every few months for an unnecessary "upgrade". My previous phone was $80 and worked really well, at least until it fell onto concrete screen down and sort of shattered. Now I have a $40 phone that... eh, it still gets the job done. (I wish I splurged a bit more but I try to be somewhat frugal.)
Funnily enough, Apple's share price actually dropped after the presentation. I think that's a pretty good indication of the public opinion. lel

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Nintendo only reveal a simple mobile game and gets lots of love.

Sony & Apple reveal the next gen of hardware and gets lots of "eh..."

Nintendo is DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!

Last edited:

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
https://themegas.bandcamp.com/track/bloody-tears

New Megas music. EP based off of Castlevania music.
Don't you mean music by The Belmonts?

:p

But seriously, I bought it this morning and jeeeeeeez it's so good. Heart of Fire is especially amazing. Quality is on par with History Repeating Red, which is one of my favorite albums in general. Some of The Megas' early work can be... eh... but they're utterly fantastic now.

Arrei

Smash Lord

AWWWWWWW YIS. There's the confirmation I was waiting for! Trainer customization is back, baby!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The Japanese got a new Sun and Moon trailer, and oh man is the trailer music amazing! Makes you want to hear it in the game.

The main significant detail revealed is this guy that makes a brief appearance during the trailer.

His name is Nariya Oak, and he is Professor Oak's cousin. He tells you about the Alola forms. I'm willing to bet he's also the one that will upgrade your Alola dex to the National dex.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
They could've just called it Oak's Alolan form. Still wouldn't be the weirdest thing they've shown.

Also, on the subject of customization... It sure was fun playing New Leaf and it letting me wear whatever I like, and then switching to XY which... didn't. Great job restricting me to only 50% of the wardrobe, Gamefreak, but it's not 1950 anymore. Really hope they don't do that this time around.

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
To be honest, I have never cared about Apple things.
And about PS4 Pro, I guess it's fine if you need such a thing. But I guess I would be salty if I owned a regular PS4. But I do not own PS4, and I do not plan on getting it, so I guess I do not bother to care.

And about playing smash, I'd play it a lot if I had a WiiU. I do not.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Honestly, Git is much more exciting.

See, github is just a site that can hosts git repository, there's others site that does it, but github is by far the msot popular one.

But Git, the version control system, it;s actualyl very aweosme to learn. It's VERY complicated, but once you get how it works......you jsut kinda get it and it works so well.

Like, you could back back in time in the history, do changes go back forward and then the history looks clean as if you never rewinded in the first place!

And all the things about having different branches.......that is also aweosme. See, when I have an idea, new branch, checkout on my machine and then I have a copy of my master branch (the "base" branch sicne it';s directly forked from the dolphin official repository). Because it is a copy, I can do whatever the freak I want, I don;t even care if I break it, just reset and go back, worst case is delete the branch and create one and redo the same thing. It's so safe I lvoe this.

I have been thinking of writting a blog post on that, but now that I actually lived what it MEANS to have your software open source, I actually love it even more. To me, it's fantastic that a beginner in c++ like me can fork dolphin by clicking one button and have my own version of dolphin that I can do whatever I want with it and submit my changes if i want to.

It;s so ridiculously easy to fork, there's just one button to do it....

Awesome :)
Yeah, the sheer usefulness of version control means I now use git even for tiny solo projects. Now I can easily fix it if I ruin everything!

I understand the reasoning behind it, but the removal of the standard headphone jack really bugs me. Replacing an extremely widespread standard with a proprietary one is never good. Unlike often-cited examples like Apple phasing out floppy disks, the old standard doesn't really have any issues (except waterproofing, but the Samsung Galaxy engineers figured that one out).

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Well it is called Brutal Mode for a reason.
I mean, actually legit broken, as in, "this needed some more playtesting" broken.
There are scenes that are impossible to beat until you get lucky as you can't get into cover fast enough before the enemies kill you in 1-2 shots.
For example:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Urrrrgggggggggggggggggggggg.........................
Today was so awful, everything that could have been bad happen.
Holiday can't come faster?......
Anyway, how you going here?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This week, the Nintendo Badge Arcade is focusing on badges involving bosses. However, it's apparently a Pokemon week as well, but there is one huge catch with this week's Pokemon badge sets.

Until today, the badge set above has never been released at North America, but it's only here for one day. Unless you're content on spending money to get these badges, free plays aren't going to help you get them all.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

I wanted to respond to this earlier, but I forgot to do so then.

Don't have much to say about the PS4 Pro since I don't follow Playstation news that much.

As for the Applie iPhone 7, I don't mind it. I'm an Apple fan myself, and I'm pretty happy to see the iPhone finally has water resistance. The lack of a headphone jack was a bit worrying at first, but now that we know that an iPhone 7 package comes with a special headphone adapter, I'm OK with that.

I'm definitely getting the 7 soon since it's almost time for me to upgrade my phone, though I'm debating which iPhone 7 I should get and the color. It has the same dimensions as the 6/6S with the only difference being that it is slightly lighter, so the Steven Stone iPhone shield I currently have should still work for it. However, the patterns on the shield wouldn't translate well to the Jet Black color, yet that's one of the colors I'm more interested in getting at the moment. If I wanted to use the Steven Stone iPhone shield for my next phone, I'll probably have to buy a white and silver color.

Then there's also the improved battery life and dual-lense camera for the iPhone 7 Plus. The latter is pretty appealing to me since I like the option of having better quality photos if I need to zoom in.

Decisions, decisions.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
CAESAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

****, WHY ALL OF MY FAVOURITE CHARACTE DIE?!?!?;_;
I HATE THIS WORLD!!!! :C
Jojo Bizarre Adventure? More like Jojo Feel Adventure.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
CAESAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Yeah, certainly bummed me out. But think of it this way: just like William A. before him, Caesar went out giving Joseph unique help in the end (Namely the antidote for his heart rings).

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I mean, actually legit broken, as in, "this needed some more playtesting" broken.
There are scenes that are impossible to beat until you get lucky as you can't get into cover fast enough before the enemies kill you in 1-2 shots.
For example:
So it's like Halo 2 Legendary where you can be killed instantly upon starting a level by the damn Jackal snipers.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699

I was actually saddened more by Avdol and Iggy, especially with the sand part at the end. But caesar's was rough too.

Done

ЩΦЦlD ყΦЦ lΦΦκ ǞƮ Ʈ৸ę Ʈiɱę!
NNID
BrayzBling
3DS FC
0791-4541-3028
Sorry I'm Late, But I Hate The IPhone7's New Changes.

Top Bottom